Page 181 of 293 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Not sighted

One of the weirdest IMDb listings is Marianne Stone playing an uncredited Stage Passenger in Rocky Mountain, a 1950 Warner Bros. western starring Errol Flynn. As far as I could see, Patrice Wymore is the only Stage Passenger on show. I know Marianne was in a lot of films, but if she's in this one, well, I'll eat my Stetson.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Regarding The Tomb of Ligeia, nice spottings Dave and Gerald. You are correct Gerald, as per Max Craig and Manny Michael-the latter of whom I rang and he said he was indeed on the film. Unfortunately there aren't too many 96-year-olds on the internet, and Manny isn't one of them, although he sounds great and wishes us all well. By the way Dave, the first gravedigger you spotted is George Leech.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for that--don't know why I didn't immediately recognize him. Glad to hear Manny is still with us--I always enjoy spotting him (even if I don't realize I have right away). He definitely looks like he was having fun--his dance in Top Secret! is pretty good! And thanks for George Leech--I recognized him as a stuntman, but his name wouldn't come.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Ghost of Mary Burnham" is a thin episode of DEPARTMENT S by Harry W. Junkin with quite a lot of padding, but it has a good guest appearance by Donald Houston, who seems to be haunted by his late wife played by Lois Maxwell. At her funeral:

Joel Fabiani looks on as Donald reflects, Ellis Dale prays and Ron Baker holds the chord second right

On night duty in Letsby Avenue is P.C. Mike Stevens

Then back at the cemetery, Joel and a not very appropriately-attired Rosemary Nichols watch William Burke and William Hare, aka Charlie Price and Alf Mangan. No-one seems to notice the grave has moved a bit since the funeral.

Liked
    182 times
    Michael Denison's stuffy lifestyle gets a shakeup in The Franchise Affair (1951). His normal routine includes:

Having Jean Anderson serve up biscuits and cake on alternate days with his tea in his country legal office. The clerks include Peter Rendall and Will Ambro

The local rozzers include P.C. Pat Ryan and Inspector Martin Boddey investigate what can be done about this

Michael's search for crumpet in lieu of biscuits and cakes takes him to several tearooms. At least this one has Gertrude Kaye and her hat in the background

While this one has Ian Selby and his comb-over in the background

Sadly, it all ends up in court and here's Hugh Moxey doing his best to ensure it's bread and water only from now on. The constable at the door is a bit out of focus, but it's John Wilder

Waiter turned court reporter Emil Stemmler gives Ann Stephens a piercing look as she mounts the stand

More piercing looks from Marjorie Fielding and Dulcie Gray in separate docks, while Avice Landone, John Forrest and Jack May are among the spectators

A crowded bench includes Frederick Kelsey in dog collar and Moultrie Kelsall in wig

And Paul Phillips finds the whole affair a bit hair-raising.

Liked
    0 times
    An odd sighting in The Mummy (1959):

Wally Bosco of all people as an Egyptian in Ananka's funeral procession.

Liked
    182 times
    Although I'm unable to provide screencaps, among the masses that are in Richard III (1955) are Robin Burns as a (tall) citizen and Eddie Boyce as a guard.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Although I'm unable to provide screencaps, among the masses that are in Richard III (1955) are Robin Burns as a (tall) citizen and Eddie Boyce as a guard.
    Oh, and the chap with the mole is among the soldiers at Richard's demise.

Liked
    0 times
    Police sergeant in the shot with Pat Ryan looks like it could be a young version of the extra we thought was Ned Hood.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    Police sergeant in the shot with Pat Ryan looks like it could be a young version of the extra we thought was Ned Hood.
    Yes, it is.

Liked
    182 times
    A bit of Merton Park mumbo jumbo in The Hypnotist (1956) makes us fall under a spell:

Here, we might almost think that Paul Carpenter is doing some interesting acting and Bill Baskiville is playing a restaurant patron instead of a policeman. Patricia Roc looks on in a daze

And here right in the middle, a very young Keith Ashley might almost believe he's wearing a smart tie while enjoying jazz from Chris Barber and his band.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Plenty of familiar faces having fun in the debauched Christmas Party scene in The Wild Affair from 1963. Which include, Aileen Lewis, Reg Thomason and Pauline Chamberlain. Can we put names to these faces though?

Number 1 Travel Agency.JPG 2 Travel Agency.JPG Number 3 Shopping Couple.JPG

Nunber 4 Waiter.JPG Number 5 Man by Phone Kiosk.JPG Number 6 Partygoer.JPG
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 26-10-14 at 09:07 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    #3 in your second batch is Tony Mendleson, I think. rest all look familiar, but don't think they have been named yet.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Plenty of familiar faces having fun in the debauched Christmas Party scene in The Wild Affair from 1963. Which include, Aileen Lewis, Reg Thomason and Pauline Chamberlain. Can we put names to these faces though?

Number 5 Man by Phone Kiosk.JPG
    The "real" Ned Hood possibly.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Tigon Man, you slip in the information that Pauline Chamberlain is in the party scene. Do you have a screengrab for her as this is not something I have added to her CV at the IMDB and would be a welcome addition as things have been quiet on the Pauline sightings front recently..?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times

Liked
    182 times
    Movie Dude has pretty comprehensively done Operation Crossbow (1965), but here are a few other arrows to fire:

It looks to be Walter Henry sandwiched between Richard Todd and Sylvia Syms

And Roy Lansford just above John Fraser's bald patch

Gentlemen, I give you Mess Steward Fred Woods (on the right)

As we move in, there's Tony Allen and Lew Hooper joining the likes of Helmut Dantine, Barbara Rueting (sic), Paul Henreid and George Mikell

This looks like the Midland Hotel, St. Pancras to me, but Roger, I think this is one of your films, can you recall? Anyway, Jeremy Kemp and George Peppard seems to be preceded down the stairs by Michael Dempsey

Home movie time: looks like Harry Van Engel as the "real" Jacob Bijus (Tom Courtenay is the "fake" one) and George Curtis there too. George C pitches up as a German police officer later on too

George P soon finds himself down an air raid shelter with Milo Sperber, Lilli Palmer and Maxwell Craig. I think the chap with the greying temples could be Jack Armstrong.

Liked
    182 times
    Into the underground lair:

Is that George Hilsdon working the lift?

First out is a wondering Alf Mangan

With Paul Phillips not far behind

When George Peppard has a weapon poked into him by Dave Griffiths, he looks to the camera for help

But George soon gets down to his boilersuit and encounters Ferdy Mayne, Karel Stepanek and white-coated Peter Evans

Ghost Riders not in the Sky, but V2s are, as Jack May is soon to find out

Peter Rendall is seen earlier in the film as a volunteer agent, but here he's volunteering us a glimpse of his bare chest. Wisely, Jeremy Kemp pretends to clean and clean and clean a bowl instead

Then Jeremy and George go en garde with guard Billy Dean

Before there's a stand-off with the power plant punters including Paddy Ryan, Bernard Barnsley and George Lane Cooper. Sitting targets with those marks on their coats, though . . .