Page 187 of 293 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    ELIZABETH R is involved in "The Marriage Game". Also involved:

Rodney Cardiff looking rather suspicious of Robert Hardy's bonhomie

And as John Cairney and Glenda Jackson stroll on, surely that's Balcolm himself (Nigel Plaskitt) in the centre and in the beard?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Soft Beds Hard Battles from 1973 is one of Peter Sellers more feeble comedies, but it does feature plenty of uncredited performers including Gerton Klauber (Dubbed by David Bauer) Windsor Davies and Michael Sheard. This Boulting Brothers effort features lots of familiar faces as German officers. Aitch is listed on Imdb, but I didn't spot him.

Walter Henry is a German officer.

Soft Bed Hard Battles - Walter Henry.jpg

As are George Hilsdon and Mike Reynall

Soft Beds Hard Battles - George Hilsdon & Mike Reynell.jpg

Maxwell Craig is ..You've guessed it a German

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Maxwell Craig.jpg

Eric Kent is German...but not an officer

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Eric Kent.jpg
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 23-11-14 at 09:08 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    More uncredited from Soft Beds Hard Battles

If Erik Chitty and Noel Howlett were the Kings of playing old dodderers, then Tony Sympson was certainly a Prince.

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Tony Sympson.jpg

Terence Conoley minus his rug, is a French Government official.

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Terence Conelly.jpg

More Germans, This time an apprehensive Derek Martin

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Derek Martin.jpg

As the drunken German Jailer, it's Richard Marner.

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Richard Marner.jpg

Hard to make out, but with his distinctive face it's Simon Cadell in a very early role, in the back row of saluting German Officers.

Soft Beds Hard Battles - Simon Cadell.jpg
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 23-11-14 at 09:21 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Tigon Man, it's Charlie Price next to Maxwell Craig and maybe Charlie Gray far right in the Derek Martin one. I think Ron Gregory is back row right in the Simon Cadell screencap. Could it be George Holdcroft next to Simon?

Liked
    182 times
    cornershop has already given us some sightings from the 1974 THRILLER episode "Only a Scream Away". Only a screencap away though:

The vicar who did the deed for David Warbeck and Hayley Mills: Freddie Wiles

And in addition to the already-sighted Cy Town and Lola Morice as wedding guests, I think the blond chap in the middle is David Billa.

Just for good measure, I believe this is David again about five years earlier, shocked as he's caught in his pyjamas in the last black and white episode of DOCTOR WHO, "The War Games" Episode Ten (tx: 21.06.1969):

"Raoul Skinner" was in this episode too.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes,indeed, I remember War Games;think it was one of the last PAT TROUGHTON Who'S; remember emerging from a rehearsal room in Acton and Pat saying "That's the end of that",or something like that..I can remember baddies in my episode were EDWARD BRAYSHAW and PHILIP MADOC; read recently one of Troughtons sons was in War Games,but cant remember him,though...

Liked
    182 times
    John, it was David Troughton in "The War Games" (in fact the second of his four appearances in DOCTOR WHO), though it seems you weren't in his episode of that story (Episode Six). Michael Troughton is due to appear in this year's Christmas episode of WHO.

Liked
    182 times
    Darth Vader and his Stormtroopers

From Dean Mitchell via Scott Palmer, who has completed the identification caption:

STANDING Left to Right: Frank Henson, Syd Wragg, Chris Bunn, Keith Swaden, Laurence Estrin, Steven Fitzalan, Douglas Robinson, Derek
    Chafer, Joe Gibson, Steve Ismay, Len Bond, John Cannon, Michael Leader, Tommy Weldin, Dave Church, Grant Hall, Dean Mitchell, Mike Randall

SEATED Left to Right: Jim Dowdall, Alan Uttley-Moore, Peter Alan, Dave Prowse, Salo Gardner, Paul Bannon, Quentin Pierre.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Some of the chaps.....Good........Aitch,,

Liked
    182 times
    Give us the Moon (1944) gives us no on-screen role attributions, but here are those IMDb omits or wrongly says are uncredited plus a couple of other sightings:

Peter Graves, toupee unruffled by sleep, meets the three waiters, nos. 2 and 3 being Frank Atkinson and George Hirste

Thomas the Barman gleefully portrayed by Arthur Denton

Man on Embankment shortly played by Charles Paton. The ITV DVD gallery incorrectly identifies him as Eliot Makeham, who is in this film but not here!

The wistful singer Olja played by Rosamund Greenwood, who fails to attract a gaggle of admirers

More gaggling admirers I bet for the Hotel Eisenhower receptionist, who I think is Dorothy Bramhall

Marcel the Manager (Gibb McLaughlin) boasts to his underling Monti De Lyle. His bubble is soon to burst

Which it duly does here as we view Gibb and hotel housekeeper Gertrude Kaye viewing bits of Vic Oliver we'd rather not view. She's soon away to get her hat

Restaurant landlord John Salew pours out his heart to Margaret Lockwood. Shortly he's worried about pouring out his other organs when he's in a duel with Roland Culver

Margaret produces a photo of the saviour of the Russian Elephants: Hollywood film star . . Gerry Judge . . . ????

Roland looks on cynically when Margaret encounters the bailiff George Merritt

And I think we encounter Steve Donahue as he squeezes past an ebullient Vic and an exasperated Gibb.

Liked
    182 times
    THE CHAMPIONS undertake to "Reply Box No. 666" and encounter:

The arrival of Yuri Borienko as Imogen Hassall's boyfriend

Little old ladies often look the same, but could this be Totti Truman Taylor enjoying George Murcell playing his bongos?

George now entertains Stuart Damon and I think it might be Arthur Goodman doing his passerby routine in the background

Alexandra Bastedo is undoubtedly the best thing on display here, but Aileen Lewis does her best to upstage her downstage. The out-of-shot unidentifiable gentleman she is with is certainly not her husband

And as the performers come offstage, there's Lola Morice in the background. Soon she gets up to hog the dance floor

But it seems that Alan Meacham in the foreground is wisely sitting this one out.

Liked
    182 times
    There's a "Shadow in the Sun", a studio-bound but imaginatively-directed (by Richard Martin) episode of ELIZABETH R. Falling outwith that shadow:

Bowing Frenchmen James Laurenson and John Hughes, with courtier Ronald Gough and palace guard Pat Gorman behind them. Michael Williams is heading out, but watch out for his sword, John . . .

James is also in the court of Catherine de Medici (Margaretta Scott) and attending at the chamber door is Ray Marioni

Back in England chambers, John Shrapnel and Robert Hardy swap tips on where to buy the best fur coats as George Holdcroft brushes by

H. M. Glenda Jackson strikes a pose and Victor Harrington joyfully looks out at her. Victor also plays a doctor who looks up the Queen in a rather different way earlier on in the episode. Victor has form for being one of Gloriana's courtiers as he previously attended Good Queen Jean Kent in SIR FRANCIS DRAKE

Peter Evans as the frustrated Italian court artist. Sans beard, he also plays an English courtier (as he did in SIR FRANCIS DRAKE too) and possibly joins Victor as the other doctor who examines the Queen.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 26-11-14 at 11:01 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Town on Trial has been mentioned a bit here in the past by Stonefan and Gerald, but here are some more sightings (if I am repeating anyone spotted before I apologize in advance):

Among the red herrings admiring soon to be murdered Magda Miller is Pat Halpin (spoiler: Pat is not the killer)

Also admiring Magda's form is tennis pro Fred Stroud.

Lola Morice, Jack Sharp, Mable Etherington and Muriel Greenslade have already been spotted at the initial murder scene, but I think this is Jack Mandeville at far left

and possibly Frank Maher above Jack Sharp's head.

We have photo evidence that John Lynn partied with Magda, too.

I think Inspector John Mills' somewhat reckless police driver is Paddy Smith.

Liked
    0 times

At the big dance, Harry Locke has to pony up a guinea to Grace Arnold, but Jack Armstrong wisely paid in advance.

Amongst the dancers watching Derek Farr make a drunken fool of himself is Colin McKenzie.

Lola Morice has already been spotted at the dance, but I think that's Edwin Fowles next to her.

Also watching Derek storm off to the bar on the left is John Adams.

Eddie Boyce is in Heaven--too bad the police are about to crash the party. Does anyone know the Andre Mikhelson-type at left? He shows up rather frequently.

Also in Heaven is Paul Phillips (luckily the APB was for Eden Fox)

And George Spence gets to stick his nose in at the stupendous (stupefying?) climax.
    Last edited by Screencap72; 27-11-14 at 02:17 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    Excellent work, Dave. By any chance, does the bald bonce here belong to Ernest Blythe?

Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerald--that could well be Ernest's bonce, but I didn't see him from the front anywhere. A couple more:

I was certain that the drunk teen who wrecks his Dad's car was Bernard Cribbins, but instead it's Michael Wynne.

Is the gent next to Charles Coburn ogling Elizabeth Seal's mambo Jimmy Charters, or just another extra we've seen before?

And finally,

Who is this village constable that tries to ticket Mills for hooting a hooter after 11pm? Ewan Roberts/ Victor Brooks? None of the above?

In addition to the sightings above, Michael Dempsey is also seen as a country club waiter, and unknown Male 45 playing darts with Mills at the pub.

Liked
    0 times
    never mind, that PC is John Dunbar. Should have gotten it right away.

And I hadn't realized Movie Dude had done this film already, so apologies for repetition. (And for the record, Andre MIkhelson-type is Unknown Male 33, Jimmy Charters-type Unknown Male 7). Sigh
    Last edited by Screencap72; 27-11-14 at 08:41 PM.

Liked
    0 times
    Nice job on Town On Trial Dave. Much appreciated. The man standing next to Charles Coburn is Lindsay Hooper, the long-time stand-in of Peter Sellers

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks very much Scott--knew he looked familiar! Happy Thanksgiving!

Liked
    182 times
    Love Story is the 1944 Margaret Lockwood-Stewart Granger one and squeezing in appearances through the available gaps of the crumbling Cornish mines and the corny Cornish Rhapsody are:

Pat Ryan in the second row for Miss Lockwood's pianoforte performance. A glutton for punishment, Pat quickly joins the army and can be seen again in uniform in the audience for the Cornish concert scene later on. The announcer is Walter Hudd

The diningroom of Margaret's hotel retreat and in the middle wearing a not so itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot dress is Mabel Etherington. No sign of Muriel, though.

I'd have been most unhappy if the Cornish mine scenes didn't throw up Jack May and George Spence. And here they briefly are:

A rather unexpected party goer in the shape of sandwich-munching Alan Wheatley, who deftly dances out of the range of Tom Walls' solid Yorkshire advice which he so freely gives throughout the film

And here he's giving it once again. Stewart and Patricia Roc look like they can thole it no longer. And still in possession of a comb-over at this point, Ian Selby blurs past them in the background. He looks more like Eddie Malin here, but other brief shots of him in this scene are more like himself.