Page 190 of 293 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear All
    Not sure but is this Fred Wood (in The Angry Silence) ?

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Wood...-Wood/library/

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    First Knight - Looks like Fred Wood walking of to the left in this shot
    http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Wood...14da5.jpg.html
    Also attached a still of Fred on the set of First Knight
    img046.jpg

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood-TIMBER-Wood View Post
    Dear All
    Not sure but is this Fred Wood (in The Angry Silence) ?

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Wood...-Wood/library/
    Not Fred, I'm afraid:

Though Oliver Reed is there with his 3D glasses!

Liked
    182 times
    The Hasty Heart (1949) has a small cast (and a maudlin plot), but making brief appearances:

Sergeant Ben Williams receiving the news the war is over

Richard Todd surveying Patricia Neal from Emergency Ward 7 with Paul Phillips as the short soldier and Harold Coyne with the clipboard.

Of out interest:

The unknown "Lon Chaney, Jr. lookalike" with Harold's clipboard. He even gets a line!

IMDb includes an uncredited Clive Dunn in the role of "MacDougall", but there's no character with this name in the film and I certainly couldn't spot anyone not panicking.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Hot Millions (1968) Has large uncredited cast including Raymond Huntley and Kynaston Reeves in this still. Behind Kynaston is an equally uncredited Lewis Alexander.

Lewis Alexander - Hot Millions.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Watching the chimps at the zoo could well be a more useful pastime than watching Father's Doing Fine (1952), and among the chimp admirers:

I think that's Muriel Greenslade over Richard Attenborough's shoulder. It's not Ned Lynch to camera left of him, though

When Dickie's joined by zoo keeper Jonathan Field, we are also joined by Tony Castleton far right. As for the gentleman behind Jonathan, well, perhaps that's his chimp impression . . .

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Watching Scooge (1970) with the wife. Loads of our favourites so I hope someone screen caps it. George Hilsdon, Eric Kent, Lola Morice, Fred Woods, Guy Standeven and I'm sure others I've missed.

Liked
    182 times
    In Portrait of Alison (1955), we get no role attributions, plus IMDb gets some wrong, leaves others blank and misses out some onscreen credits completely and so for a fuller portrait:

Andreas Malandrinos as an anxious Italian concierge with smarmy Capitano P. Brunetti (Bruno Barnabe) practicing his Colin Gordon technique

Geoffrey Keen is consulting Lockhart of the Yard, or rather Raymond Francis of Interpol

Robert Beatty reflects on the information provided by Mayflower Hotel receptionist Marianne Stone, who's summoning Albert Tatlock to take Bob upstairs

All is not good in the bedroom: forensics man Hal Osmond gives a tale of woe to Inspector Keen. Someone has added Ian Wilson to the uncredited list on IMDb and as little Ian's nowhere to be seen in this film, I suspect it's confusion with old Hal here

I/c naughty flicks is police scientist Robert Raglan

And attending the smoker with Robert is daft sergeant Stuart Sanders, wily inspector Geoffrey Keen and big-nosed assistant Reginald Hearne

Liked
    182 times

Geoff gives instructions to detective Jack, played by Frank Thornton. Frank does not play the police photographer as claimed by IMDb. Confusingly, Marianne Stone refers to Jack Howarth as Joe and Geoffrey Keen to Robert Raglan as Joe. So another title for this film could be Two Guys Named Joe

Rex Garner is having some fun with Bob Beatty: seeing if he can fit him into a lady's coat. William Sylvester looks on blandly as he often does

As Bob screws himself into the dainty number, and even Mr. Sylvester is starting to smile, the silver-haired chap on the right - I can't prove it, mind you - smacks very much of Ned Lynch

Also doing some smacking in the film is William Lucas recreating his role from the earlier TV version of this Francis Durbridge story and Neil Wilson smacks his lips as he puffs his pipe playing a potential car buyer . . . possibly

Driving the police around is Arthur Howell and although it can't be seen in this shot, he's sporting a dapper fair moustache. And there's a reason for this . . .

Here's Jack McNaughton as a porter doing his best to confuse Geoffrey Keen

. . . oh, and here's a reason for Arthur's tash: he's doubling Allan Cuthbertson. Either that or he's playing the front end of a pantomime horse. The burly back end is, thankfully, unknown.

Liked
    182 times
    Then they cry, Johnny You're Wanted back in 1955 and John Slater turns up, even writing and singing the title song. This is another film which has no onscreen role attributions and few shown elsewhere, so:

Peter Burton as the first of several police detectives Johnny comes across in this adventure. Smoking in a hospital too

Best head for the pub, Johnny, and there's Harold Sanderson propping up the bar, even given lines (but maybe dubbed)

Also there is one drunk man and his dog, perhaps Tom Bowman?

The lads decide to go to the theatre next and Johnny's joined by Charlie (Frank Hawkins). I don't think it's Pat Hagan top left though

There's a sight for Johnny's sore eyes at the stage door as it's not Peter Elliott he's looking at

Now there's an old basket. But it's simply being carried by Ned Lynch and pal past our Johnno

Then it's off to Alfred Marks' very unfunny joke shop, although Wilfred's mum Hilda Fenemore and Wilfred himself seem amused.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 21-12-14 at 09:48 PM.

Liked
    182 times

Down the Yard, there's a fine collection of cops 'n' robbers: Manny Michael, John G. Heller as a Slovakian migrant (!) and again Frank Thornton, now promoted to inspector and with a Mekon-like head to prove it, plus, I think, Eric Corrie

That standby of good old British police films, the good old British police senior officer with good old British bottom on seat and good old British pipe. Good old British Trevor Reid

Then racing to the police canteen, Frank meets up with Jack Stewart who gets a tip from P.C. John More

Back at the theatre, Ernie Rice pops up (Trevor clearly has his pipe) and undubbed, announces his name is Adams, and gives an erroneous birth date

Ignoring the slot in his head, Jack and Frank consider booking Jim Tyson for being recklessly in charge of a dangerously large stomach.

And as we've been a bit short of John Slater in this second batch - Johnny you're wanted:

And he encounters the "Lon Chaney, Jr." lookalike who's back again.

Liked
    182 times
    Although he looks beefier than usual, the fellow in the titfer is surely Mike Reid:

Ian Frost is at the bar and I think Bill Lyons and Peter King are on either side of Mike in the incomplete OUT OF THE UNKNOWN known as "The Little Black Bag". The BFI DVD booklet credits Emrys James as Dr. Roger Full, whereas, of course, Dr. Full is Emrys Jones.

Liked
    182 times
    Poor Anna Neagle has to find a way to mollycoddle Sylvia Syms again in My Teenage Daughter (1955). She's heading back into the house after buying several yards of cotton wool and:

Aileen Lewis makes the first of at least three appearances in the film

Kenneth Haigh is determined to keep the cotton wool at bay and strangely, in this shot he's putting down his glass. Rex Garner, I think is on tray duty

Here we get Lady Mavon (Diana King) expressing her concerns to an unconcerned Michael Shepley

So to ease the concerns, let's have a coffee served by Emil Stemmler

Or dance off our worries down the Paradis Club, where Austin Cooper is cutting a rug (though not the one on his head) and Arthur Mullard is the bouncer. Jess Conrad also does some jiving in these scenes

Anna is dressed to the nines throughout, although she has a scene with Wilfrid Hyde-White where she complains she needs a new wardrobe (maybe to put all her clothes in). Anyway, Paul Beradi looks distracted at Wilfrid's cocktail party

That's because Sylvia has shirked the cotton wool and dressed for the occasion, only to be told by sensible mum that she's looking too sophisticated. Doorman George Curtis doesn't seem to be bothered about that

Later on, Sylvia puts on a far more suitable to mum outfit, but this doorman (Ben Williams) has to call for some more cotton wool

Back at the party, Anna and Wilf encounter a babbling Launce Maraschal, with Peter Rendall fluttering by

And we also get Charlie Price in two places at once when Anna carries on the babbling with Norman Wooland.

Liked
    182 times
    Sylvia, I'm sure mummy would find this a far more suitable setting for you:

A nice dinner-dance in the company of Peter Brace, Eddie Boyce and Mabel Etherington, who you could look up to

Hyma Beckley too; he's always looking up. And Movie Dude, there's that chap on double bass again

Aileen Lewis is back; she's usually looking down (her nose) and nosing past is Fred Machon. Aileen's third appearance is as a diner later on back on this set and Hyma's still twirling the night away then too

Sylv and Ken get up to no good and the police descend, including the still-moustached Arthur Howell, who gets driving and lines to do as well

Court beckons and outside it, Gertrude Kaye feels the hat shops beckon

Inside the court, Philip Stewart has his day in it and George Roderick is on duty

Here's our Norman arriving late and he manages to bump into Jim Tyson (difficult to avoid, I imagine) and P.C. Jeff Silk is on duty too

Over magistrate Ballard Berkeley's shoulder, we see the accused in the dock with a few familiar faces about, including Laidman Browne as legal eagle Mr. Merridew (below 3 and 2) and eagle-eyed Victor Harrington

And if we're eagle-eyed too, we can dip into the rubberneckers and see Norman is joined by Paul Phillips and Bob E. Raymond.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Also there is one drunk man and his dog, perhaps Tom Bowman?
    Not Tom Bowman, looks more like Michael Collins (but probably isn't).

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah Yes. Well spotted Gerald. Unknown Male 53. It would seem that he is obviously a 'real' musician. I would hazzard a guess that he's probably a Pinewood Studio's contract player and therefore he must be known by someone.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Watching Scooge (1970) with the wife. Loads of our favourites so I hope someone screen caps it. George Hilsdon, Eric Kent, Lola Morice, Fred Woods, Guy Standeven and I'm sure others I've missed.
    Even though I'm not a fan of musicals, here's your Christmas present. I didn't spot Lola Morice or Guy Standeven, but was pleased to see Roger Simons' name in the credits. Roger, you may be able to correct and add to some of the following:

As David Collings shows Richard Beaumont and Karen Scargill the place for a goose, Fred Woods shows the place for puddings

Then Vic Chapman suddenly appears behind David's top hat

Swiftly followed by Philip Stewart above Karen's hood

John Kidd is Mr. Bissett, purveyor of fine wines

And policeman George Hilsdon arrives as the Cratchit family consult a purveyor of not so fine wines

Trust Alf Mangan to be a purveyor of a pitcher of poor beer, just as Mr. Scrooge pitches up

The Finney Scrooge continues the theme by visiting landlord Victor Platt, but losing his 'at.

Liked
    182 times
    As we're in the spirit of things:

Roy Evans as the ghostly coach driver

Moving on to Mr. Fezziwig's balls (indeed there are two of them):

Mr. F himself is Laurence Naismith and his missus is Kay Walsh. It looks like a gleeful Jay McGrath in the middle and if so, he can be seen in several other sequences during the film as do others

Such as Alan Meacham and Eric Kent

And we also get a peck of Fred Peck

And a jigging George Oliver next to a youthful Albert Scrooge

Oh, and a little white dash of Hyma Beckley as well. I think I noticed Alan Harris in these scenes too.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice sightings (and thank you for doing this so I didn't have to sit through it ) I think that might be John Payne and not Jay McGrath.

Liked
    182 times
    Now of course Scrooge wasn't Finney or Albert, he was Ebenezer. And his nephew is usually called Fred, but at "Fred's" Christmas party, his guests call him Harry. (He's actually Michael . . . Michael Medwin):

Those guests include Kenneth Waller and Pat Ryan, who gives a rather subdued entry when playing "The Minister's Cat". Alan Meacham is at the party as well

The crowds gather for what Scrooge doesn't realise is his funeral. John Owens and John Gill are among them

John Gill is even more mirthful in this one, with Scottish contingent Helena Gloag and Molly Weir on either side of him, plus we see tall Robin Burns at the back

And not so tall Harold Coyne in the middle. Blimey, Alan Meacham is back again (and Eric Kent, not seen here)

Scrooge is luring young children into an alley. Charles Rayford looks on benevolently

Thankfully, they're back onto the street again for the finale where the likes of Eric Kent turn up once more, plus here in black top hat, Frank Draycott

Oh, here's Fred, or Michael, er, Harry (Scrooge gets round it by calling him "Nephew") with Mrs. Harry, Mary Peach, and right background, Dave Griffiths

And as Ebie (as he's called by his sister early on in the film) wears an anachronistic Santa Claus outfit and is accompanied by elfin Molly Weir, I think that's Alan Harris again at the back. Well, it's certainly Anton Rodgers (he's a good singer) at the front

Finally, there are plenty of ding dongs merrily on high as choir master Lew Hooper attends to the choirboys, lemonade and crisps.