Page 2 of 293 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    One of my favourite Actors Andrew Keir played a Police Constable on duty at the Burgh Court in Greyfriars Bobby: The True Story Of A Dog (1961) a role which he has never been credited for on imdb, below is a screencap featuring Andrew Keir as the Police Constable on duty at the Burgh Court in the 1961 Disney Film.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='05 June 2010 - 10:19 PM' timestamp='1275772781' post='436101']

Another of my favourite extras popped in an appearance: Tommy Winward sitting outside Robert Morley's office in the 1989 TV version of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS.

It's not a great one of Tommy, but here he is:

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='CaptainWaggett' date='05 June 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1275749047' post='435982']

Edie speechifying in The Galloping Major. I'll try to get IMDB to add it

Wonderful screencap of Edie. Thanks for sharing that.

Barbara

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='theuofc' date='06 June 2010 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1275830564' post='436302']

Wonderful screencap of Edie. Thanks for sharing that.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara. I've just this minute filled in the IMDB form.

Liked
    182 times
    Tommy Winward again, a rather better one of him this time, as an uncredited policeman in The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971). His guarding of Nurse Allen's door is to no avail, however, as locusts soon devour her brussel sprout-coated face!

Earlier in the film, a well-known face pops up briefly in the background, George Hilsdon, this time not in uniform, but as a police photographer who had the honour of snapping Terry-Thomas's blood-drained body.

George looks a bit like Felix Aylmer in this one.

Liked
    182 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='06 June 2010 - 10:32 AM' timestamp='1275816737' post='436205']

It's not a great one of Tommy, but here he is:

At the risk of my being considered a one note "Tommy", Mr. Winward puts in another uncredited appearance near the end of AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, this time as a member of the Reform Club.

Liked
    182 times
    Back in colour for a change, on the top left here's Dr. Victor Harrington popping up (well, his eyes anyway) in Doctor at Large (1957), just before James Robertson Justice is assaulted by an elephant's trunk. Terence Longdon is also on call.

The location is "St. Swithin's Hospital", aka University College Hospital, Gower Street, London.

Liked
    182 times
    In love with Doctor in Love (1960), as there's an absolute wealth of uncredited folk to spot:

A very young Donald Churchill venting his opinions on Michael Craig's condition, despite Leslie Phillips' ministrations.

Philip Gilbert doing the same.

Dean Charles Lloyd Pack taking some of his own medicine.

Shower attendant Cyril Chamberlain quickly covering up Leslie and Michael before Irene Handl gets an eyeful. It was in fact slightly too late for Michael.

More to follow . . .

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='09 June 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1276115588' post='437879']

Shower attendant Cyril Chamberlain quickly covering up Leslie and Michael before Irene Handl gets an eyeful. It was in fact slightly too late for Michael.

More to follow . . .

But not from that particular scene I hope

Liked
    182 times
    Getting a bit hung up is barman John Blythe:

Martin Wyldeck in front of police cells as opposed to body cells:

I knew he'd turn up somewhere: naughty Victor Harrington on the far left at the Haystack Club strip joint. Blimey, he's even wearing glasses this time:

That's Joan Sims at her thinnest on the stage!

And probably morose as usual because he's at a medical lecture and not at the Haystack Club, THE PRISONER's very own undertaker, William Lyon Brown:

And I'm not finished yet . . .

Liked
    182 times
    name='CaptainWaggett' date='09 June 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1276116630' post='437891']

But not from that particular scene I hope

Er, no, Captain, this is a family orientated series of posts - Joan Sims and co. notwithstanding!

Liked
    182 times
    It's a raid! Haystack Club manager Warren Mitchell tries to fend off the fuzz as his patrons depart:

Worried mother Mary Mackenzie, hoping Doctor Craig and Doctor Virginia Maskell will save her son:

Her eyes match her pullover!

Leslie is all dressed up, ably assisted by Gordon Phillott, with Michael looking suitably amused:

I'm delighted to say good old Reg Thomason turns up too (the earliest one we've found so far), though he's not too pleased when Michael bumps into his table:

And finally, the author of the original piece, Richard Gordon, makes his traditional Hitchcockian appearance:

I don't think any of these appearances have so far been credited in the IMDb. Also uncredited in the film are the likes of Angela Browne, Jimmy Thompson, Rosalind Knight, Robin Ray, Roland Curram, Sheila Hancock, Esma Cannon (hooray), Joan Hickson, Patrick Cargill, Peter Sallis, Bill Fraser, Norman Rossington and, inevitably, Marianne Stone.

*Phew*

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='09 June 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1276116953' post='437893']

Getting a bit hung up is barman John Blythe:

Martin Wyldeck in front of police cells as opposed to body cells:

I knew he'd turn up somewhere: naughty Victor Harrington on the far left at the Haystack Club strip joint. Blimey, he's even wearing glasses this time:

That's Joan Sims at her thinnest on the stage!

And probably morose as usual because he's at a medical lecture and not at the Haystack Club, THE PRISONER's very own undertaker, William Lyon Brown:

And I'm not finished yet . . .

It's impossible to see, I know, but I know this scene very well from the film and I've been trying to identify the sexy stripper at far right for ages. I happen to belong to the same club in SW London as Liz Fraser (who is Joan's opo in the film) but I haven't had the courage to go up to her and ask her an obscure query about a film she was in half a century ago!! The strippers at far left are a very young Sally Douglas and Eve Eden....which only those with misspent youths in the 60s will know!!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Brilliant work, Gerald. I have also become adept at spotting blink-or-miss actors, often via screencapping. That's mostly

how I've found Victor and the mysterious Pauline. You should see a similarly extravagant series of posts at 'Unnoticed'

by the end of the week as that thread takes a different direction with more familiar actors, including Janet Hargreaves.

name='cully' date='09 June 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1276122773' post='437905']

The strippers at far left are a very young Sally Douglas and Eve Eden....which only those with misspent youths in the 60s will know!!
    Not true, Cully. I saw Sally only last week in Danger Man, while I know Eve from The Angry Silence :

Sally Douglas, on the set of On the Buses, 1970, and Eve Eden (not to be confused with Eve Arden), 1964.

I am trying to remember Eve's role in Rag Doll, a British movie I much enjoyed watching a few months ago.

I'll find out. As well as Doctor in Love, they also 'starred' in A Weekend with Lulu and The Beauty Jungle.

Senior Member Country: UK RogerThornhill's Avatar
    Liked
    67 times
    I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread, my apologies in advance if it doesn't.

This is from The Painted Smile (1962) The singer is Craig Douglas but standing on the left is Jet Harris the ex bass guitarist of The Shadows.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    That's amazing! I spent a long time screencapping The Painted Smile myself a few months ago, for the 'Actors Compendium' website, and recall looking at that musician, without realising it was Jet Harris. He must have stopped dyeing his hair by then. Thanks, Roger Thornhill [named after Cary Grant's character in North By Northwest]. Scarlett O'Hara is one of my favourite instrumentals.

Bearing in mind, Jet's association with Cliff Richard, this shrine to unexpected sightings could have been called Gee Whizz, It's You!

I still prefer 'That's Me Over There' as the thread title, however, after an episode of The Persuaders!.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='cornershop15' date='09 June 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1276130137' post='437916']

.... I saw Sally only last week in Danger Man, while I know Eve from The Angry Silence :

Sally Douglas, on the set of On the Buses, 1970, and Eve Eden (not to be confused with Eve Arden), 1964.....they also 'starred' in A Weekend with Lulu ....

I watched A Weekend with Lulu a few days ago. Sally and Eve must have been two of several uncredited 'cocktail waitresses' at Ms. Lullubelle's establishment upstairs during the caravan's detour in France. I'll keep an eye out for them next time I view the film.

Barbara

Senior Member Country: UK RogerThornhill's Avatar
    Liked
    67 times
    name='cornershop15' date='10 June 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1276136397' post='437925']

Scarlett O'Hara is one of my favourite instrumentals.

Yes I liked that and I think the other side was something like Hully Gully It must be up in the attic somewhere along with Diamonds, I didn't buy Applejack.

Liked
    182 times
    name='cully' date='09 June 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1276122773' post='437905']

It's impossible to see, I know, but I know this scene very well from the film and I've been trying to identify the sexy stripper at far right for ages. I happen to belong to the same club in SW London as Liz Fraser (who is Joan's opo in the film) but I haven't had the courage to go up to her and ask her an obscure query about a film she was in half a century ago!! The strippers at far left are a very young Sally Douglas and Eve Eden....which only those with misspent youths in the 60s will know!!

cully, I've checked the Liz Fraser/Leslie Phillips DVD commentary on this scene and Liz does not seem to recollect any of the girls apart from Joan Sims.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Someone sent me this...It's a tough job but somehow I managed...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t=a1801b40.pbw

Page 2 of 293 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast