Page 210 of 293 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    My copy isn't very good, but while it does look quite a bit like Alex Lewis, I don't think it is. Definitely don't think it's Aileen. Incidentally, among the churchgoers are John Tatum and Tommy Winward, and I think Jim Payne. Were you in this Jim, or am I imagining things again? John also shows up as a hospital visitor in his brown suit.
    Last edited by Screencap72; 14-05-15 at 03:55 AM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Thanks Dave.
    Gerald has named the Real Ned Hood. Should we now have the Real Alex Lewis and the Phoney Alex Lewis?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Yes, I've noticed his lookalike before; his moustache is not so fulsome! Incredibly, as we've found, even Victor Harrington has a lookalike.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Final Countdown" isn't quite the final mission for THE CHAMPIONS, so they find time to visit a pub:

William Gaunt is on the blower to his boss in Geneva (did he reverse the charges?) as Alexandra Bastedo looks on admiringly at his deft Colin Gordon techniques. The pub proprietor is Michael Lees and his short back and sides customer is Alan Meacham

Stuart Damon previews the Bruce Willis vest look a decade or two early, while the admiring glances he gets are only from Norman Jones (dubbed), Alan McNaughtan (yet another of those ex-Nazi on the rampage), Wolf Frees (his madcap professor) and Gerry Crampton (stunts coming up)

And indeed, here's part of the stunt fight, with Herr McNaughtan's double just dropping out of frame, and once more Frank Maher is doing his doubling for Mr. Gaunt.

Liked
    182 times
    She'll Have to Go mutter Alfred Marks and Bob Monkhouse when this lady disembarks at the local railway station in 1961:

Pat Coombs with an eye for the boys

These boys, Jack Taylor and Larry Taylor, however, have eyes not for Miss Coombs but for Anna Karina.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Hi Screencap72. If this was on "Nobody Runs Forever" I was stand-in for Darren Nesbit and also as a cab driver, not sure if I was seen in any other shots.

Liked
    182 times
    Irene Handl has some Strange Boarders in her extremely grand lodgings, and among them:

Marie Wright, who doesn't look too great, plus we see John Turnbull (left, in his usual police detective guise) who can't get much out of her

Intelligence agent gets more out of a visit to the jumpin' Tudor Club and here waiter Dino Galvani leads him to his noisy table

Meanwhile, Mrs. Walls (Renee Saint-Cyr) is in follow that cab mode and she's boosted into her one by, I think, George Hayes

Back at the Club, Tom hauls out Googie before she withers and we get to see the 1938 edition of Ian Selby top left and the manager (Leo de Pokorny) centre

Tom finds it's time for a sharp exit himself, much to the surprise of chief draughtsman Albert Chevalier.

Liked
    182 times

I believe we have Edward Phillips getting a good look at Darleen Carr as he tightens his locks in THRILLER "Sleepwalker".

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by whitstablejim View Post
    Hi Screencap72. If this was on "Nobody Runs Forever" I was stand-in for Darren Nesbit and also as a cab driver, not sure if I was seen in any other shots.
    I was talking about The Night Digger, thought I saw you among the pews in the church scene.

Best,
    Dave

Liked
    8 times
    Hi Screencap72. Not me I didn't work on this.

Liked
    182 times
    Set in New York, or the Shepherds Bush version of it, and London, Non-Stop New York (1937) is a fast-paced (for 69 minutes it has to be) and almost non-stop crime thriller directed by Robert Stevenson with plenty of wit and a great cast, including Francis L. Sullivan, Frank Cellier, Jerry Verno, Athene Seyler and John Loder, who's top-billed, though the film belongs to Anna Lee. Joining them on a slow boat from "New York":

Tony Quinn accuses Anna of thievery and Captain H. G. Stoker investigates with the help of a startlingly-young "Peter Evans' brother"

Also young on the courtroom door is Philip Stewart.

IMDb has Alexander Sarner down as the uncredited "Ticket Taker", which must be the man who takes the tickets by the gangplank onto the transatlantic futuristic flight and gets a bit of action and even a line "Nearly missed it, sir". This is Mr. Sarner:

From The Passing of the Third Floor Back a couple of years earlier

But this is our Ticket Taker, in the process of doing just that, and it's the unmistakable visage of George Spence.

Liked
    182 times
    GUILTY PARTY is a television programme that features PAUL TEMPLE on its panel in "Cue Murder!". Francis Matthews liked this one as he said the studio audience were actual members of the public. However, I wouldn't have thought the unions would have allowed that in 1971 and indeed a closer examination of the audience doesn't bear out Francis's memory. Cue extras . . .

Letting them in is doorman Walter Goodman

Joseph Furst leads the mass which includes a dazzled Cy Town

I don't think we get a better view of him, so this back of the head shot is all we see of Ron Gregory

Moving along is little Leslie Noyes left of centre in front of the big blonde

Another back of the head is just about all we really get to see of Eric Kent

A big group here, including Lewis Alexander, Aileen Lewis and Vic Taylor and a nice purple rinse perm in the front row

Moving tighter in and a small Mike Reynell and Leslie Bryant quite far back and an always large Jim Tyson

A tighter shot yet of Mr. Furst shows us that man in brown, John Tatum, is so charmed and happy to be there. Could that be Graham Tonbridge sitting next to him, perhaps?

Second row position for John Scott Martin while Winifred Sabine and Keith Ashley get in front. Terence Conoley and his rug are there too, further back to the right

When Joseph gets to do his party piece, hanging on to his every word is another front row johnny, in fact, John Cannon.

Liked
    86 times
    Good spotting Gerald.
    After watching the episode again myself, I've now had Alex & Aileen and John Tatum's appearances in this episode accepted by Imdb.

Liked
    182 times
    Although it was the second-last episode of THE CHAMPIONS to be broadcast, "The Gun-Runners" by Dennis Spooner was only the second to be filmed and our heroes are rather more invincible than they would become in later episodes. However, already jostling for the action in the Burmese backlot jungle:

ITC's go-to exotic villain, Paul Stassino, is joined by gun-running Mike Reid and Jim Bolton

Wolfe Morris journeys all the way to Burma, but still finds Arthur Goodman in the bar.

Lots of dubbing going on in this episode. It sounds like Peter Elliott does the voices for uncredited Anthony Chinn and Kenneth Gardnier, while Burt Kwouk does the vocals for Cecil Cheng and possibly another Burmese soldier too. Vernon Dobtcheff plays a Belgian police officer, but has his rather grand voice replaced as well.
    In the David Bauer voice-over section, the Unknown Beard appears as a sozzled Swiss.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Not Jim Bolton..Jim knows...

Liked
    0 times
    It's Mike Vary

Liked
    182 times
    Yes, I find it difficult to distinguish between Mike (Mickey) Varey and Jim Bolton.

Liked
    8 times
    Yes, Mike Varey.

Liked
    182 times
    Despite its vintage and subject matter, the bosom-heaving Jassy (1947) does not appear to possess the heaving bosoms of the likes of Pat Hagan, Jack May or George Spence. However, in one of his regular haunts:

Frederick Kelsey, bottom right, gives us a wigless appearance. It's the bewigged prosecuting Alan Wheatley who's on his feet, and who earlier while examining a witness, makes an outrageously unsupported suggestion which judge Stewart Rome simply allows without objection.
    Also here are defence counsel Hugh Pryse, witnesses Eliot Makeham, Anthony Holles, Dermot Walsh, Patricia Roc and Grey Blake and up in the jury box, Howard Lang is in ponder mood. The clerk of the court, next to Frederick and with his back to us, is Noel Howlett.
    IMDb includes Alfie Bass as a witness, or witerness as he most likely would have said, but of Alfie there is no h'appearance.

Liked
    86 times
    The Key 1958

No screengrabs as it's from the TV, but I noted Reg Thomason Aileen Lewis Ernie Rice and John Tatum amongst the extras.