Page 224 of 293 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Yes, Tigon Man, I hope Euryale is back soon. The background information is invaluable.

Always back is:

Ronald Gough as one of the background bobbies in the final series of DIXON OF DOCK GREEN, this time in the episode called "Legacy". A distressed Gigi Gatti has referred Sgt. Nicholas Donnelly to a newspaper article about her father, which is interesting as the camera angle lets us see the newspaper page and it is about other things entirely!

This time, however, James Muir is back on the forensics team. Ben Howard and Richard Heffer are on the door

While on the floor is startled police surgeon Cy Town

And on the gate, although he's far away, from his stance and a previous closer shot of the back of his head, I'd warrant this is P.C. John Cannon.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    That's it, cornershop, well done!

In the BBC records for DOCTOR WHO, he's down as Stenson Falcke, by the way, but these records are only as soon as the PA who scribbled them out originally. Derek Chafer's surname is spelt 8 or 9 different ways at different times!
    Oddly enough, the PA was right this time: Stenson Coultas Falcke, born 18 March 1909 in Stratford upon Avon, died December 1993 in Swindon. He was a musician aboard the Caronia and Queen Mary, shown on crew lists a dozen times between 1948-1951. Also apparently played with the London Philharmonic (listed among the crew of a 1972 Victor Borge performance in London).

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    An interesting background, Dave, but I can't see the resemblance between Mr. Fal(c)ke and your Monty Python man at all.
    So I will stick with my original suggestion of George Day, as seen in the 1970 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show, left:

Terry Sartain, left again, as a Party Guest in the Upstairs, Downstairs episode Married Love (1972):

With Ian Ogilvy, centre, and Charles Gray, who addresses Tel as "Alfred ... Charming heart"!

Also spotted George Holdcroft, right (who was billed as George Romanov):

The man with the goatee beard is Edward Harvey.

More familiar names than faces in IMDb's cast list. Very disappointed that we only get long distance shots of most of the extras in the park.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 16-08-15 at 12:09 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    There's some Love in Pawn for boat dwellers Bernard Braden and Barbara Kelly in 1952:

Money being tight, the Bradens don't even want a pinta-milka-day from Johnnie Schofield

Pawnshops feature a lot on this film, and here's one of them with Barbara about to surrender Ben Williams her ring

At the magistrates' court, agency news reporter Edward Evans gets a tip from the court bobby

The "Sailors' Hornpipe" is being churned out as Jack May tries to vend his papers

More successful at that is George Spence because he gets a bit of a close-up and lines, but I think they're dubbed plus they have him shouting about "Evenin Stannert" whereas it's another mighty organ of truth, "The Evening News", that we see on screen

There's soon a queue of harpies wanting to pop their hubbies and the bald one in the centre may be Paddy Ryan

In that cosy subsidised dorm in Westminster, M.P. Howard Douglas addresses the House with snoozing (familiar) colleagues around him, though the one at the back sadly isn't Wallace Bosco

Into the hallowed halls of Broadcasting House where the velvet tones of Alvar Lidell ring out

And ringing out here in the police canteen are the rougher tones of Sergeant Martin Wyldeck who's ribbing P.C. Tom Gill about his girlfriend.

Liked
    182 times
    Inside The Gilded Cage (1955) we uncover:

Brother captains Michael Alexander and Alex Nicol greet each other not knowing what's in store for them. Alex got there courtesy of pilot Michael Balfour

There seems to be just one mess as the captains have to mix with that slob mechanic Eddie Boyce at the bar

Later on, Alex encounters the stage door keeper at a local theatre and the various thesp call him "Jim" or "Pete". We'd better just call him Martin Wyldeck

Alex had already booked into the Hotel Crest where the receptionist is a hirsute Kenneth Cope . . .

. . . and the gabby bellboy/porter/room service pest is Baker & Berman favourite Hal Osmond.

Liked
    182 times
    Things are really jumping in Elwyn Brook-Jones's Palette Club:

The waiter far right is the inestimable though inevitable Paddy Smith, who gets a few lines

Taking over the dance floor, Alex gets rather close to his brother's girlfriend Ursula Howells, but she is enjoying it. Terry Rendell seems rather content too

We wouldn't be content though if we didn't get a scene in Scotland Yard with John Adams on duty. Here he even gets a name ("Wilkins") and a few words to utter. Sergeant Patrick Jordan is at the door

Now, who's this shifty chap conspicuously spying on our hero? Charlie Price about to have the first of three fights in the film

Back at the night club, debonair Jack Mandeville has two ladies to entertain

Michael Alexander does not find being driven away by cop Pat Hagan so entertaining, however. Ronan O'Casey in the back is much of the same opinion

Mike feels it's time for a sharp exit and we now get a better view of the other cop who appears to be Richard Gregory and shortly has some fast footwork to undertake

Much more measured footwork is displayed by budding actor Harry Van Engel who has just happily strolled out of the stage door as Mike unexpectedly barges in

Much more expected is having Joe Wadham as Inspector Trevor Reid's driver for the climactic chase down the docks.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    [CENTER]An interesting background, Dave, but I can't see the resemblance between Mr. Fal(c)ke and your Monty Python man at all.
    So I will stick with my original suggestion of George Day, as seen in the 1970 Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show, left:

Have to admit you are partly right, as a the "Monty Python Utterly Complete Guide" mentioned Falke/Falcke as playing a plumber in the background of certain scenes in that episode, and looking again, it certainly is him. I just assumed since Bob Raymond was credited, and he played one of the dukes, the other duke must have been Falke/Falcke. Instead the highly visible extra went uncredited, and the barely visible background extra was credited. Some sort of quota thing, or just the vagaries of an overworked PA?

Incidentally the aforementioned book is quite useful, as it lists all the extras and walk-ons appearing in each episode. George Day is not listed for this episode, but a large number of names , both familiar and unfamiliar are. The familiar: Charles Rayford, Les Conrad, Ronald Musgrove and Reg Turner. The not so familiar: Les Bryant, Rory O'Connor, Leslie Glenroy (too old), Bill Lodge (not him), Nicholas Kane, Simon Joseph, Harry Davis, Cecil Lloyd, George Lowdell, John Kimberlake, Bill Earle, Jim O'Neill, Raymond St. Clair, Richard Cash, Mike Barrymore and Noel Pointing.
    I have the feeling it could be George Lowdell, going by his one picture in a Saint episode on Movie Dude's site.
    Last edited by Screencap72; 17-08-15 at 01:28 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    From a ruined London of the future, where only Sugar Puffs posters and the Post Office Tower survive intact, or more precisely some more sightings in Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.:

Back in 2013, Gerald thought the resistance man in the center was perhaps Paddy Ryan; it isn't, but who is it? I thought it was Dickie Luck, but it might be stuntman George Crawford.

Among the Dalek prisoners is the already identified Edwin Fowles, but there's also this distinctive gaunt fellow. I don't know who he is, but I'm certain a few decades before, he was the Bandrikan officer who guns down Cecil Parker in The Lady Vanishes:

Among the other background resistance members is Jimmy Charters, just by Roberta Tovey's elbow.

We've already gotten Michael Dempsey and his beret, but also being led aboard the Dalek spaceship is Bob Raymond.

About to deliver a flying tackle on a pack of Robomen is Gerry Crampton. Behind him in the nice blazer is Terry Richards.

One of the prisoners in Dalek Central control is someone we haven't seen in a while, "Joe the waiter"

and also a blurry Tony O'Leary.

And finally, we see Reg Thomason early on as a resistance man, but here he is again watching the climatic explosion of the spaceship.

Many of the crowd scenes are distant wide-screen shots, but I also think I saw Bernard Barnsley and Bill Sawyer as fleeing miners, and definitely Tim Condren as a roboman, as well as Ken Lawton as a resistance man.
    Last edited by Screencap72; 17-08-15 at 05:07 AM.

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    The not so familiar: Les Bryant, Rory O'Connor, Leslie Glenroy (too old), Bill Lodge (not him), Nicholas Kane, Simon Joseph, Harry Davis, Cecil Lloyd, George Lowdell, John Kimberlake, Bill Earle, Jim O'Neill, Raymond St. Clair, Richard Cash, Mike Barrymore and Noel Pointing.
    I have the feeling it could be George Lowdell, going by his one picture in a Saint episode on Movie Dude's site.
    I can help with four of those, Dave. Left to right: George Lowdell, Nicholas Kane, Leslie Bryant, Rory O'Connor:

From episodes of Callan (1969), Fawlty Towers (1975), Curry and Chips (1969), and Robin's Nest (1981)

Perhaps the Monty Python actor is Nicholas Kane?:

Liked
    0 times
    Quite possible. I'm going to buy the book and review all the Pythons--maybe can ID more extras.

On a related note, could this be Leslie Bryant in Daleks, wearing the red vest?

Liked
    177 times
    No, definitely not the well established Leslie - at least with me. That guy looks an (even) older man.

I've found Harry Davis. He plays the Commissionaire in the first scene of the Timeslip serial The Day of the Clone (1971):

With Spencer Banks. Sadly, the episode only exists as a black-and-white 'telerecording'.

Also have Harry's appearance in Alcock and Ganfer. You can forget about Pardon My Genie as he's disguised as a Gorilla.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 17-08-15 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Unable to upload second image.

Liked
    182 times
    Quite possible. I'm going to buy the book and review all the Pythons--maybe can ID more extras.

On a related note, could this be Leslie Bryant in Daleks, wearing the red vest?

I have to agree with cornershop, not Leslie Bryant, who's quite a Reg Thomason lookalike. The larger chap in flat cap and red sweater looks rather like "Billy the Fish" (real name still elusive). One of our fellow forum members, Jon Green, could no doubt tell you which of the 19 Dalek props used in the film the above is!

Liked
    182 times
    The above are from 2150 AD, but JASON KING swaggers into 1972 AD with "Toki", set, and partially filmed, in Paris:

And just to remind you were are en France, Jack Sharp has his beret on for two of the three appearances he makes in this episode as a caf� patron

And for his sole appearance as a club patron, here's Ron Gregory about to shake hands with crime boss Kieron Moore, with Tony Beckley there too as a particularly nasty henchman

Particularly dim henchmen are Oliver MacGreevy as Jules and Arthur Goodman as Toto. Toto's like the embassy guard in the 1955 version of The Man Who Knew Too Much where Milton Frome plays him on a Paramount soundstage and Walter Gotell in the London location; in the Paris location scenes, Toto's played by an entirely different but similar looking actor to Arthur, who sadly wasn't shipped to Paris for the shoot

In this fight scene, an entirely different but similar actor takes over the role of played by Kieron Moore. It looks like it could be Terry Yorke

"Come on baby, light my fire" hums Jason as Oliver spreads the petrol and Phil Parks holds the gun

And here is a Nice gendarme; whether he is a nice Nice gendarme we never find out, but it's that nice Rodney Cardiff anyway.

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Also have Harry [Davis]'s appearance in Alcock and Ganfer.
    I did, of course, mean Alcock and Gander - Episode 4, later titled Pontoon (1972). As the Caf� Proprietor:

With Johns Cater, centre, and Baker. Yet to see this series, starring lifetime favourites Beryl Reid and Richard O'Sullivan.

Again from Timeslip - The Day of the Clone, Pt 1, someone I wouldn't have known when I last saw it - Walter Goodman:

Believe it or not, the 'old lady' behind him is cult actress Mary Larkin (Psychomania; X, Y and Zee), who can't be far off
    70 now As I recall, they're both volunteers for mad scientist Morgan C. Deveraux's (John Baron) longevity experiments.

Liked
    182 times
    Marilyn is the unexciting title switched in the USA to Roadhouse Girl of this 1953 Wolf Rilla film starring the exciting Sandra Dorne and the unexciting Maxwell Reed. On a different level of exciting are:

Lindsay Hooper eyeing up Vida Hope

Emil Stemmler in no hat but a dirty mac eyeing up Sandra dancing with Max

The verdict is in from jury foreman Ben Williams at the coroner's court. The lady with the big eyes on the front row looks like Ada Reeve

When Marilyn has some alterations done, I think that's George Hilsdon in the foreground pretending to be busy

Guests in the refurbished Marilyn include a dapper Jeff Silk and Bill Baskiville

And the bespectacled guest on the right trying to get to grips with a jukebox that looks like a squat Robby the Robot appears to be Martin Lyder, who's been AWOL for a while

Sandra wants to go even more upmarket, so Ferdy Mayne entertains her at a swanky restaurant with wine being poured by Paul Phillips. And the guest on the left: swept-back hair, slightly rounded shoulders - yes, when he sits down in the background shortly afterwards, his eyes reveal Victor Harrington on yet another night out.

Liked
    0 times
    I have to agree with cornershop, not Leslie Bryant, who's quite a Reg Thomason lookalike. The larger chap in flat cap and red sweater looks rather like "Billy the Fish" (real name still elusive). One of our fellow forum members, Jon Green, could no doubt tell you which of the 19 Dalek props used in the film the above is!
    I'm sure I've seen Leslie Bryant before without knowing him, just as I've seen the fellow above. Too many people to keep straight. "Billy the Fish" is also Movie Dude's Unknown Male 93. And I believe that Dalek is prop AARUII 7

Liked
    0 times
    Hammerhead (1968) is a slightly underdeveloped but fun spy flick that makes me wish Peter Vaughan had gotten to play a real Bond villain. Lots of location filming in Portugal, but almsot everything with dialogue was Elstree sets:

The film opens with a police raid on some sort of hippie art commune thing, giving John Adams a chance to don his bobby's uniform once more.

It sure looks like star Vince Edward's flat is the same street where John Gregson and Dinah Sheridan lived in Genevieve; whether intentionally or not, Vince's flat set is decorated with pictures of antique cars.

Vaughan's yacht is crewed by stunt folk; I thought this was perhaps Paddy Ryan, but I don't now think it is. Perhaps Richard Graydon?

Vince escapes captivity, but first has to get through Gerry Crampton, who is listed on IMDb as stunt coordinator.

Kit's Klub is Diana Dors' hot spot in Lisbon; among the patron are Ken Lawton and Alan Meacham.

Someone thought it was a good idea to have Judy Geeson lip-sync to soul singer Madeline Bell's voice. It sounds ludicrous, but that doesn't seem to matter to Joseph Furst or Roy Lansford.

Vince sneaks backstage to talk to the dancers, while stage manager George Claydon sneaks in to steal some chocolates.

Liked
    0 times

Vince has to go to a theater showing stag films to watch the secret film everyone's after, much to the dismay of the patrons, including Jim Brady, Manny Michael and Phil Parks.

The focus of the film is a concert recital where Sir Richard will be switched with an imposter (both Michale Bates) to steal top secret info. Among the agents protecting the event are Bruce Beeby (who gets an IMDb credit) and Tony Caunter (who doesn't).

Among the bemused attendees are Alex Lewis and John More.

Guarding Sir Richards private box is Max Faulkner.

Tigon Man spotted John Tatum a while back, but also in this shot are John Adams again and, barely visible, Mabel Etherington and her red knit hat. John T gets to sit next to Diana Dors, but still manages to look like he's passing a kidney stone

A different angle shows Josie Grant and Mo Dunster behind Diana.

and when she gets up to leave, we get a quick blurry view of John Wilder.

Paul Beradi also appears briefly in a local cafe, where Arthur Gomez is the credited proprietor, even though you can barely see him and he has no real lines. Romo Gorrara gets credited as Vaughan's chauffeur and has a good long fight scene with Vince, as well.

Liked
    182 times

Very nice work on this one, Dave. And, blimey, doesn't George Claydon look like a diminutive Philip Madoc there?

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Very nice work on this one, Dave. And, blimey, doesn't George Claydon look like a diminutive Philip Madoc there?
    The girl with the large earrings is the lovely Maggie Wright.