Page 225 of 293 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Ha-he does remind me of Philip Madoc He was quite good in Berserk the year before (also with Judy Geeson), but doesn't seem to have done as much else as some other little people actors.

I was remiss in not pointing out Maggie, but she was credited

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Whether in 1955 he felt It's a Great Day!:

Pub customer Eddie Boyce gets no credit, though he doesn't really stand a chance up against burly Peggy Ann Clifford, snazzy Victor Maddern and beaming Vera Day.

Nice to see Jack May get quite a few lines as the dozing Borough Council Depot nightwatchman.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Narrowing Circle (1955), there's a widening circle of uncredited and role unattributed performers to see:

Junior clerk James Booth wonders why the fellow in the front gets the lines while he only gets a desk to move around

Up in Sir Henry Dimmock's office, the managing editors gather including Pete Rogers (Richard Gregory). Presumably Pete's managing skills were u.s. so he went off and produced Carry On films instead

Also, Tibetan music loving Charles Peers, played by Hugh Latimer, about to do another Peter Capaldi impression

Checking into the rather shabby Norfolk Hotel, Paul Carpenter pokes a finger at June Ashley as Alan Robinson as receptionist Parker pokes his in the register to find yet another "Mr. Smith"

It's a murder mystery so I suppose we'd better have some murders. And here's George Curtis in mufti for once as the police photographer, with Detective Inspector Trevor Reid looking on

Mary Jones plays Miss Richards, Ferdy Mayne's former secretary who's keen to find a file

Meanwhile, Hazel Court's not keen to find a policeman and she's flabbergasted to see it's John Adams. So where have you been , Hazel? It's always John Adams!

Liked
    182 times
    It's 1955, it's night, it's a cellar and The Gelignite Gang are examining their swag:

Tony Doonan on the left gets most of the lines to say, but Bill Brandon in the background gets quite a few to grunt out too. Arthur Young is the tiara lover in the centre.

Liked
    182 times
    It's 1935, it's Twickenham Film Studios and it looks very like there's going to be a Death on the Set:

And heading the charge is "gangster" Ralph Truman.

Liked
    182 times
    The very last DIXON OF DOCK GREEN, "Reunion", doesn't bring back Andy Crawford or even Laudie, alas, but there is quite a doubling and tripling up of extras. In a pub scene:

Despite his cunning disguise of a hat and stick-on moustache, we can still see it's Ronald Gough, who does re-appear in his usual clean-shaven role of background P.C. Bert shortly after. James Muir also gets his customary appearance, albeit on film this time. At least it's nice to see the likes of Ronald Musgrove and David Rolfe actually getting a screen credit for once.

G'night all.

Liked
    182 times
    It's "One Black September" down in Heathrow Airport:

Because the story is set over two or three days, no wonder Rodney Cardiff is looking cheesed off as he can be seen at the top of this episode of RETURN OF THE SAINT hoping to board a plane, and here it's near the episode's conclusion, so it's the end of a long wait . . .

. . . and I wonder if this could be the end of a long career. As Ian Ogilvy and Garrick Hagon head to the departure gate, could the infirm gentleman being helped in the background be Jim Brady? I can't recall when he died, but this was presumably made in 1977 or 78.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    LD1988-1.jpgLittle Dorritt.jpgThe Impersonator,.pngSvengali, Little Dorritt, The Impersonator & Hour of the pig screen caps with Fred Wood

a9ed9ce4-5b3e-47cd-8c15-e78a3e2b67c7_zpss1izoxz4[1].pngHour of the Pig1.jpg
    Last edited by Wood-TIMBER-Wood; 23-08-15 at 10:21 PM.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    It's "One Black September" down in Heathrow Airport:

. . . and I wonder if this could be the end of a long career. As Ian Ogilvy and Garrick Hagon head to the departure gate, could the infirm gentleman being helped in the background be Jim Brady? I can't recall when he died, but this was presumably made in 1977 or 78.
    That sure looks like an older Jim Brady to me.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    It looks like Jim agreed, although he appears to have dyed his hair if it is him. In his last recognised appearance in Regan, shot in the spring of 1973 when he would have been around 67 (Born 1907), he sported a distinctly grey thatch..

Liked
    182 times
    Hair dyeing is not unknown - the greying Anthony Lang was almost a redhead in his later years () - and it's worth noting the gent above is clean-shaven, whereas Jim Brady tended to have a moustache from the mid 60s onwards. However, Scott Palmer is sure it is Jim and he tells me Jim died in 1983, the last thing down for him being History of the World Part I in 1981.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Watching an episode of "The Professionals" this afternoon I spotted Terry Scott (of Terry & June fame) walking down the road as Doyle sped past on his way to defuse a bomb. It was in episode "Runner" (Season 3, Episode 7) first broadcast on 8 December 1979. It's in the last few minutes of the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56cIv7AWD2Y

Steve

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    Watching an episode of "The Professionals" this afternoon I spotted Terry Scott (of Terry & June fame) walking down the road as Doyle sped past on his way to defuse a bomb. It was in episode "Runner" (Season 3, Episode 7) first broadcast on 8 December 1979. It's in the last few minutes of the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56cIv7AWD2Y

Steve
    Sorry Crooky auld son but that ain't Terry Scott me auld china. I suggest you have a butchers at a picture of Terry Scott.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    Sorry Crooky auld son but that ain't Terry Scott me auld china. I suggest you have a butchers at a picture of Terry Scott.
    I have looked at pictures of him. If it isn't him, it's someone who could double for him

Steve

Liked
    182 times
    Dance Little Lady (1954), a George Minter ballet production directed by Val Guest, has quite a few big ladies dancing as well as some big gentleman at it too, plus these gentlemen:

Rex Garner (right) back on waiter duties as Terence Morgan and Eunice Gayson cook up their latest scheme

Harry Van Engel enjoys himself at Reginald Beckwith's party; he's relieved he didn't have to watch the ballet

Not so lucky, Paddy Smith wonders if the show will end in time for him to get into his waiter togs as Terence and Alexander Gauge do more scheming

Backstage, as Guy Rolfe, Terence and Reginald plus Ina De La Haye in perfect height order converse through gritted teeth, Victor Harrington shows up gritting his as he plays a jacketless stagehand. Well, at least he's still got a tie on

Obviously it was too late for Paddy, as it's Louis Matto who gets to do the bowing and scraping as a room service waiter at the Savoy

After 80 minutes of considerable scheming, teeth gritting, jackets off and bowing and scaping, we finally get to the film's climax and William Kendall, Helen Goss, Eunice, Joan Hickson and Johnny Rossi are all agog to see if anything interesting is going to happen

Quick as a blur, taking no chances, George Spence decides not to wait around to see and he's off.

Liked
    182 times
    We do get a few side views in Profile (1954), as well as full frontals:

The first of Kathleen Byron's many suitors is Jack Taylor (left)

Someone she would like as a suitor, inexplicably, though he isn't interested, is John Bentley, joined at the Dog and Duck bar by John More, barmaid June Charlier and Ivan Craig. John plays a magazine editor and refers a few times to the printer who goes by his later CROSSROADS name Mortimer

Heading out to a restaurant for lunch, John and Kath can just about see John Wilder in the background through the usual 1950s haze of cigarette smoke

Kath's moneyed hubby Stuart Lindsell holds a swanky party and there's Guy Deghy squinting through the glossy pages

Meanwhile, John's trying to look smooth, Thea Gregory anxious and Pat Ryan grateful for the free drink

Later, John and Thea have to face bank manager Mr. Watson (Bruce Beeby) and the auditors Mr. Wilson (one of the unknowns) and Mr. Freeman (Frank Henderson)

Time for the police to arrive and for once, Lloyd Lamble's not one of them: he's Stuart's loyal but grumpy manservant. It's Arnold Bell who's the peeler and John Baker is the police surgeon

In this little gathering in the hall, Arnold and Lloyd are joined by recently uncovered but recently outwitted P.C. Charles Saynor and more on the ball detective Patrick Jordan.

Liked
    182 times
    At the foot of The Glass Mountain (1948):

Tito Gobbi gives some injured climbers and their rescuers a song or three. Is that Johnny Rossi watching him?

Not so keen on a singsong is Ernie Rice, forsaking his pipe for a ciggie

And Larry Taylor is right out of it, all ready to swallow an Italian Mountain Fly

Victor Rietti has been listed, but not spotted before, and so there he is in the middle of the background, enjoying the music on the radio as Michael Denison and Antonio Centa have a set-to upstairs. Victor's son Robert Rietty seems to have provided the voice for Antonio, but it sounds like only in one late location-shot scene.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    I have just re-watched one of my favourite films Tunes of Glory, excellently covered by Gerald Lovell a couple years back (post 2555), i can only add new discovery Bill Morris as "guest at cocktail party". Capped at Movie Dude's site is Joan Hickson as a guest at the cocktail party, it seems impossible that such an established actress could be just employed as an extra , i suspect a larger role had hit the cutting room floor.
    Sons and Lovers 1960 is a film of D.H.Lawrence's novel about a mining family in pre-war Nottinghamshire, parents played by Trevor Howard and Wendy Hiller have raised three sons, the film focuses on one, Paul Morel played by American actor Dean Stockwell. Early in the film, elder brother William (William Lucas) returns home to London by train after coming back to attend a funeral, he is seen off by brother Paul and his mother, seen in a carriage is Jack Mandeville. Paul is a budding artist, one of his drawings is accepted by a Nottingham art gallery exhibition. Paul, his mother and girlfriend Miriam (Heather Sears) attend, the desk clerk is Arthur Goodman. Paul later gets a job in packing at a corset factory, here he gets involved with a married woman Clare Dawes, Mary Ure plays her in a fine performance, it's a great shame she died so young, she was a contemporary of Maggie Smith and Judi Dench, i am sure she would have found equal status to them had she survived. Back to the story, Clare is a feminist and she attends Sunday soapbox platform speeches organised by sufferagettes led by Mrs Bonner (Ruth Kettlewell), amongst the sparse crowd are Victor Harrington and Mabel Etherington also the other Jesse Robins (i.e. not the Magical Mystery Tour one).
    Last edited by philly; 30-08-15 at 04:22 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    From New Scotland Yard (1972)

New Scotland Yard Alex & Aileen Evidence of Character.JPG

Alex & Aileen go to Church in the episode Evidence of Character

New Scotland Yard -Shock Tactics Lewis Alexander.JPG

Alex seemingly asleep as a court reporter in Shock Tactics

New Scotland Yard Ernest Blythe Hard Contract.JPG

Ernest Blythe in a Lambeth pub in Hard Contract

Liked
    182 times
    The secrets of unattributed roles for Vintage Wine (1935) mainly remained locked in the cellar and the only one I can sight with certainty is:

Andrea(s) Malandrinos as an excitable Italian gardener at Seymour Hicks' Roman pad.