Page 227 of 293 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    I think the devilish-looking diner could be Bill Hibbert
    .... Looks like Bill Hemmings...........
    Could well be, Aitch, difficult to tell.

Liked
    182 times
    Back in 1952, Mark Stevens experiences The Lost Hours:

And he also experiences a welcome from Jean Kent as well as a rare onscreen appearance of Peter Hawkins as a mechanic

Mark goes to an RAF reunion where he experiences a different game of poker from that he is used to. Restraining him are Jack Lambert, John Horsley, Richard Gregory, Duncan Lamont and John Bentley

Here John Harvey's servant John Warren rehearses with Spit the Dog

The jolly morbid police surgeon is Ballard Berkeley and the jolly miserable detective in the background is Pat Hagan. Garry Marsh plays the bonnet and scarf wearing Scotland Yard inspector in his inimitable way

And in the Yard canteen, the young bobby on the right appears to be a fresh-faced Frank Maher with a more solid face above him belonging to Harold Sanderson

Jean checks out Richmond Court where the desk porter looks to be Tony Spear, who gets a good helping of lines to deliver

Delivering the goods at this oriental dining palace is this anonymous dancer, though Jack Mandeville is at the table and the constant waiter Louis Matto is serving up the good helping of food in the background. The lady in front of him and sitting across from Jack I thought was Aileen Lewis, but a later dancing sequence shows it's not her

Though it does show us Larry Taylor (as well as Jean knocking back another G&T)

And when Larry skips out of the way, we get a brief showing of this lonely chap who I'm pretty sure is John Wilder. He can't be smoking a Strand

Police interceptors at the ready under the measured tones of guidance issued by Inspector Ronald Leigh-Hunt.

Liked
    182 times
    The River Police have their collective balls chewed by Superintendent Colin Douglas in River Beat (1954) and among this collection getting them chewed are George Holdcroft and George Hilsdon.

Liked
    182 times
    Douglas Wilmer gets no credit for his brief appearance during THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN when there's a "Hamlet in Flames", nor does Raymond Huntley's butler in his grand castle:

Theodore Wilhelm welcomes James Hong and J. Carrol Naish into a rather boring episode with an interesting cast (Walter Gotell, Carl Jaff�, etc).

Liked
    182 times
    There are in fact more soldiers in the army than Me and Marlborough:

Thee along appears to be Howard Marion Crawford before he grew his moustache, got very fat and then got very gaunt. From the 1935 Cicely Courtneidge vehicle.

Liked
    182 times
    Those bad dupes of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN continue when it's "Dateline: Execution". Not due for the chop, or indeed a chop, at a London mission:

Jack May, who joins in a rendition of "Abide With Me"

And in this gloominess of Highgate Cemetery (Borehamwood), the line-up is J. Carrol Naish, Hugh Williams, Paddy Smith as a policeman, Arthur Howard and Mary Laura Wood, though you'd be forgiven for thinking they look like the dateline had passed and are all ghosts.

Liked
    182 times
    The Lion Has Wings (1939) promotes the cause of the R.A.F. at the outset of the Second World War, and here we promote the unattributed roles and uncredited cast:

As they look into the sky, Dennis Arundell wonders why he gets no onscreen credit (later as the commanding officer of a German bombing station), Austin Trevor swaps his "authentic" French accent for an equally "authentic" German one and Ralph Richardson is just plain wily

Also wily are these undercover informee (Torin Thatcher) and informer (Gerald Case)

Looking a bit like one himself, Frank Tickle is in charge of the barrage balloons

"Dopey" the pilot is the often edgy John Penrose

While on the edge of his seat is Fighter Command officer John Longden

And relieved he's on the edge of the English Channel is German navigator Carl Jaff�.

John Robinson is on the onscreen cast list, but I couldn't see him. IMDb also lists uncredited roles for Raymond Huntley, Miles Malleson and Ronald Shiner, but I didn't sight any of those distinctive actors.

Liked
    182 times
    Getting all hot and sticky in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN is "The Sweater", though it's a wearing one, not a perspiring one:

And helping one to exit is stretcher bearer Bill Baskiville, watched by Robert Cawdron and J. Carrol Naish, who gets some location filming to do in Amsterdam.

Also getting all hot and sticky is IMDb's cast list which is inside out. Conrad Phillips plays Dirk, not Dick Martin, who is played by Nicholas Stuart. And Sandra Francis is Verna Martin, not guest star Margot Grahame who actually plays Countess Fozzano.

Liked
    182 times
    The Girl in the News in 1940 is Margaret Lockwood and joining her in the bulletin:

A young Ned Lynch spectating as Emlyn Williams joins him in court

There's no peace for the wicked when Gerald Case delivers a message to Barry K. Barnes when he and La Lockers visit the theatre

A later court scene features George Spence among the spectators

As well as La Lockers in a jaunty hat in the dock with Howard Lang as the policeman in the court

Then Tony Mendleson as a man leaving the court.

Liked
    182 times
    Both J. Carrol Naish and James Hong seem to have won a trip to Brussels to do some location filming for "The Noble Art of Murder", next up in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN:

But John Van Eyssen and in the background barman Paul Beradi are not so lucky.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 12-09-15 at 04:43 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    For THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN the budget was obviously tight, so they could only manage "Three Men on a Raft":

Here, we manage to see through the murk possibly Alicia St. Leger and certainly Jack Armstrong anxious to get Raymond Huntley's autograph on a book he has just written. Wearing a beard and an expression like that, we can just guess that Hunter's up to no good.

Liked
    182 times
    One Night with You (1948) is enough to give us an end-credited Christopher Lee with next to nothing to do and a opening credited Richard Hearne with lots to do, but no inclusion in the end cast. Nor for:

Robert Rietty as chauffeur to film producer Charles Goldner (left) who thinks Stanley Holloway is a great opera singer

Philip Ray as a badly-dubbed Italian railway porter who gives no comfort to Patricia Roc

Pat's dog is taking comfort from sleeping in Hugh Wakefield's hat as Rex Garner rushes past on the way to the buffet car

At the station, as Guy Middleton dozes, Charles Rayford walks by, to reappear moments later as another railway porter

Concerned by the Rayford twins is Guy's "man" Parker, played by Stanley Van Beers.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    1960 Midnight Lace is an American thriller made in Hollywood but set in London, starring Rex Harrison, Doris Day and John Gavin. Many of the credited supporting players are ex pat Brits, Gavin plays a Brit, he has a perfectly acceptable English accent, Sir Rex plays an American living and working in the U.K. his accent (like John Wayne's) is the same as it is in all his films. All the primary action is obviously filmed on sound stages and the backlot of a U.S. studio, probably Universal, however it seems a 2nd unit was despatched to dear old Blighty to film some London shots. One of the 2nd unit locations was in an airport, front of shot some bags on a conveyer belt are heading downwards (its a long conveyer belt, reaching its end in Hollywood). Back of shot, a crowd reaches the top of a staircase and turns left and walks to the right of screen, one of them is Martin Lyder.

School For Scoundrels has already been covered by Gerald Lovell in 2012, there was some speculation that Totti Truman Taylor was a restaurant patron, she was commonly mistaken for her then unknown lookalike Mabel Etherington, also seen the in lobby, i still can't make a conclusive i.d., although her regular companion Muriel Greenslade is there, so it seems likely to be Mabel. I think i spotted the back of Philip Stewart's head in the same scene.
    Last edited by philly; 13-09-15 at 04:41 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Catch Me a Spy (1971) is a rather tedious romantic spy caper from the pens from Clement & La Frenais, but features in the Hungarian reception scene those inveterate party goers Lewis Alexander & Aileen Lewis.

Lewis Alexander - Catch Me a Spy.jpg

Aileen Lewis - Catch Me a Spy (1971).jpg

And a blurry Ernest Blythe

Ernest Blythe - Catch Me a Spy.JPG

Liked
    182 times
    Return of RETURN OF THE SAINT and "Yesterday's Hero" who is not Simon Templar but Ian Hendry. Armless Ian arrives at Heathrow:

And Gerry Judge is among the travellers

Ian is promptly quizzed by Special Branch in the guise of Tim Barlow

When Simon goes to see Brig. Danvers, it's Harold Coyne who lets him in

Tony Vogel plays the sergeant Diskett very intensely; David Auker as Private Marriner is not so pushy

Though I think it's Bill Westley here pushing past Ian and his son played by Matthew Ryan. Bill is also one of the other travellers in the Heathrow scene

At Jonathan Cleaver Incorporated, there's a security alert while Keith Ashley is at the reception desk. In a good bit of continuity (or luck!), shortly after Keith can be seen in an exterior shot walking away from the building, which is the ATV Elstree Studios most familiar probably as the Harlington-Straker Film Studios in UFO

I wonder how many times stunt driver Joe Wadham has had to do this reaction shot behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle? How on earth did he earn his stripes??

Liked
    182 times
    Encased in Dusty Ermine (1936):

Cheerful Andreas Malandrinos adds another nationality to his C.V. (Swiss) as he drives Ronald Squire to his snowy destination

Not nearly so cheery are these two: passenger Victor Rietti doesn't have the seat ticket that railway inspector Jerry Verno requires for his destination

I hope the ticket violation is not so serious that radio operator Frank Forsyth has to take a message about it

Arthur Macrae looks down in the dumps about something, and it's about to get worse as Ralph Truman and Wally Patch are going to "take him for a ride"

Bank clerks check their tablets for internet access. The one at the back I think is Graham Tonbridge. The one in the foreground has a set-to with Margaret Rutherford shortly after, good heavens above!

Liked
    182 times
    Being sightseers on Alan Wheatley's tour in Brussels is not a wise idea in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN as there's "No Holiday for Murder":

I'm not entirely sure that's Alicia St. Leger, but it's certainly Jack Armstrong out of harm's way when J. Carrol Nash as Charlie raises the inevitable forefinger. Norah Gorsen plays Sharon and James Hong Number One Son Barry.

Once again IMDb has got its cast list mixed up as it has Norah down as the battleaxe Mrs. Remington, when in fact she is played by Althea Orr.

Liked
    182 times
    A bag snatch is also involved in "No Holiday for Murder":

The bag doing the snatching from hotel waiter Emil Stemmler is Aletha Orr while Betty McDowall looks on aghast. Emil has a line to deliver in his best Anton Diffring voice.

Liked
    182 times
    It's Kate O'Mara who gets "A Kiss for a Beautiful Killer" from JASON KING, though at her Paris embassy:

Richard Montez and Walter Henry playing Herrick have a crate to get for her too

It's all quite revolutionary, though Alex Scott's pocket handkerchief looks a bit louche. His colleagues appear to include Andrew Andreas second left as well as Aharon Ipal� (who's dubbed by David Graham) and Maurice Ro�ves (who isn't dubbed and keeps his Scottish accent under control)

Jason (Peter Wyngarde) tries to keep his ego under control - difficult task - when Hylette Adolphe asks for his autograph at the airport. Jack Arrow meanwhile just passes by

Jack's also at an awards ceremony and when Jason turns up late, Terence Conoley and the previously-sighted Pauline Chamberlain don't notice him yet

However, we can notice Ron Baker and Michael Mellinger among the guests

Though when the police arrive, Patrick Westwood and award-winning poet Tony Mendleson (playing, it sounds like "Manuel Cacarras"), I bet they wish they weren't among the guests

And through the square window Jason spies the Harold Sanderson among the revolutionaries.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Jack's also at an awards ceremony and when Jason turns up late, Terence Conoley and the previously-sighted Pauline Chamberlain don't notice him yet
    Very nice pic of a mature Pauline!