Page 228 of 293 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    There may be "No Future for Frederick" (Derrick de Marney) in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN:

But let's hope there was for stagehands Andy Alston and Jim Brady behind J. Carrol Naish, one of our unknowns and Maggie McGrath and her cigarette in a tale of backstage backbiting.

Liked
    182 times
    The "Safe Deposit" in THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN is anything but:

As Paul Beradi carefully loads thousands of pounds worth of notes into an open bag in the front desk of Finlays Bank for the courier who is one of our unknowns. Paul shortly after has some (non-accented) lines to deliver and "ooops" isn't one of them

Number One Son Barry (James Hong) is of course arrested at one point and here it's Sergeant George Curtis who's brought him in, along with Terry Kilburn

Barry doesn't get off lightly in this episode because later on he's clobbered . . . and arrested again. This time the officer on the right is Frank Maher who also gets a line

As does Colin McKenzie as Hugh Williams' Scotland Yard constable; Colin even goes one better by getting a character name of "Johnson".

There's no safe deposit in the IMDb cast list for this one as it's 50%, almost hilariously, wrong. James Raglan plays Colonel Arthur Ross, not Terry Kilburn, who plays Bill Shaw. John Brooking is the priest, not Mr. Shaw, who is Jerold Wells.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Gerald I hope your eyesight is ok after watching these blurry Charlie Chan episodes.
    How you recognised Jim Brady heaven only knows.
    Perhaps a trip to the local Specsavers would be appropriate at the end of the series, just to be on the safe side...

Coke Bottle Glasses.png

Liked
    182 times
    Glasses on again for THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN when they involve "Voodoo Death":

Joseph Temple's manservant has some questions to answer when he's arrested by P.C. Smith, Johnny Wyne, who even gets a couple of lines to utter.

At one point, Charlie counsels "I do not intend pointing finger at anyone . . . yet" which is pretty rich coming from an actor who has both index fingers punctuating just about every line he has.

The voodoo curse is all over the IMDb listings once again and the guest cast should be as follows:
    Trevor Reid: Detective Inspector
    Hugh Miller: Joseph Temple
    John Harrison: Bartu (above)
    Ann Sears: Ann Temple (the only one correct, but there's only a single female role in the episode!)
    William Abney: Bill Payne
    David Peel: Harry Carr
    Richard Bebb: Michael Ross.

Liked
    182 times
    Jean Kent is The Woman in Question (1950) and the men in fairground may be:

Gerry Judge between Dirk Bogarde and Jean arguing over the script

Replaced by Jack Sharp as Dirk and Jean come to a compromise on lines

Dirk is replaced by John McCallum as a little birdy tells me that's Lindsay Hooper walking behind Jean.

Liked
    182 times
    For THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN and "The Expatriate", IMDb's cast list for the credited cast seems to be correct, but it slips up on the uncredited ones:

Murray Kash doesn't play the excitable hotel bellboy (I don't know who he is), but instead Benny, henchman to gangster Alan Gifford

And to add to the uncrediteds, here's Arthur Howell back on duty as policeman to Inspector Russell Napier.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Man Who Changed His Name (1934), D. J. Williams doesn't get a chance to change anything as his name is not on screen:

Here he is as slippery surveyor Martin checking the coast is clear as he discusses a scam with Leslie Perrins.

Liked
    86 times
    In Taste The Blood of Dracula (1969) Dido Plumb and Jim Brady get instead to taste the soup down at the local Mission Hall.

Dido Plumb Taste The Blood of Dracula.jpg

Jim Brady Taste the Blood of Dracula.jpg

Later at the Cafe Royal, old soldiers Juba Kennerley and John Tatum enjoy some more refined grub.

Juba Kennerley Taste The Blood of Dracula.jpg

John Tatum Taste The Blood of Dracula.jpg

Does anybody have any idea who the old boy is noshing opposite Dido Plumb in the first picture?
    Last edited by Tigon Man; 19-09-15 at 03:44 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    I can't quite see Jim Brady, but I think that's Jack Armstrong opposite Juba Kennerley in the third picture.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I think he means it's Jim slurping soup below Peter Sallis. I'm not sure it's him or not.

Liked
    182 times
    Hopefully, these are not strangers in Return of a Stranger (1937):

John Rae with an English accent as a porter in The Golden Crown, Southampton

Emergency at the Transvaal Chemical Corporation, South Africa and it looks like the young Graham Tonbridge is back on the left as a scientist who gets to shout at Griffith Jones who is here rescuing Sylvia Marriott with help from Howard Douglas

While on the right here, all Jack Mandeville can do is mill about and grab his chum's arm

Griffith is generous to his waiter Bruno Barnabe when he gives him his good suit

But Scotland Yard inspector Roy Russell is not so generous to those he suspects of murder. Roy was generously given a screen credit, but no role attribution.

Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    I think he means it's Jim slurping soup below Peter Sallis. I'm not sure it's him or not.
    Yep it's the bloke slurping soup with his head down. Difficult to get a good shot, as he's on the screen so fleetingly, but I'm sure it's Jim.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    A lot of uncredited actors are listed at IMBd for Sink the Bismarck! (1960), i didn't spot Bernard Lee (firing officer), Roy Castle, Mike Sarne or Harry Locke, although Harry's filmography in Quinlan's guide has always listed this. Gerald Lovell, Aveleyman and Movie Dude have added another 33 actors, i can serve up another 5. Eddie Boyce is the war room clerk as we first enter, later replaced by the previously mentioned George Curtis, also mentioned is Peter Rendell who briskly walks around the war room throughout with his brother? Terry Rendell, Bill Cummings also makes an appearance in the war room corridor. Colin McKenzie is the yawning able seaman on the Suffolk and Guy Standeven is the yeoman on the King George V.
    Last edited by philly; 19-09-15 at 06:48 PM.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    The League of Gentlemen (1960) was well covered by Gerald Lovell last year, i can only add Ernest Fennemore as soldier on parade in the Army camp scenes, Reg Thomason as a blurred passerby, the schnozzle gives him away, finally John Adams as a P.C. (what else!).

Liked
    182 times
    Catch the Sight of Jimula:

There you go, it is indeed Jim Brady; well spotted, Tigon Man! And Jimmy Charters on the left. In my quick dip into the scene, I also saw Peter Avella outside the hall and it's Horsey Face who leads the group into the brothel. "This waaay, gent'men", says he.

Liked
    182 times
    In Prelude to Fame (1950), here's a tall chap in his:

Reporter Christopher Lee looks on with photographer John H. Watson as Kathleen Byron is forced to make an announcement she's not happy about

More happy at this point are Guy Rolfe and Kathleen Ryan taking their seats for a Jeremy Spenser concert with Paddy Smith in the row in front of them

Sympathetic but sceptical conductor Hugo Schuster is also in the audience with an enraptured John Wilder sitting behind him

When we move from Naples to London, Pat Ryan gets his turn to be enraptured with Kathleen R and Guy joined by their son Robin Dowell and his classmate Michael Croudson. What a nice day out for schoolboys.

Liked
    182 times
    Portly Laurence Naismith has "The Poppy Chain" to follow in RETURN OF THE SAINT:

At this point in his enquiries, he's in the Langton Coffee Shop where Alan Meacham in a nicely tasteless top is startled to see him (and even more so at what follows)

Next, on a very rainy day at the Barbican, Laurence waits as Mike Reynell strides by (and later returns to goggle at what Laurence gets up to with bowler hats)

Here's one of the bowlers on the bonce of Paul Gregory with Edwin Fowles and Henry Roberts amused onlookers

Ian Ogilvie as ST himself arrives and Harry Phipps and Roy Beck make sure they get into shot with him

The other bowler - it's Christopher Timothy's bonce in this one - sneaks off as Fred Woods gets him chance to do some rubbernecking

Next, at Heathrow (apparently really Kempton Park Racecourse) Gary Waldhorn is about to have his horns pulled in by softly-spoken P.C. Derek Chafer

As Gary is led off, Bob E. Raymond hopes they won't find any liquids over 100 ml in his luggage

Over in the Camargue, I don't think Romo Gorrara as Maurice should try to hide that thing in his suitcase when he returns to the U.K. And Jonathan Burn should certainly be arrested for wearing a shirt and medallion like that.

Liked
    182 times
    "If It's Got to Go - It's Got to Go" JASON KING is told and at the Hotel Bayerischer hof in Munich:

Getting ready to go is Jack Arrow as Gerard Heinz waxes sycophantly on the telephone

Though it's not Jennifer Hilary he's speaking to as Fred Machon marches in.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Invalid", one of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF CHARLIE CHAN, is partially conveniently set in a film studio:

And among the crew, centre, is Harry Van Engel

When there's the traditional gathering in a country house, the police are once again represented by Johnny Wyne and also Rupert Davies, not credited for some reason in his usual role of Inspector Duff. The set-up is balanced out by Charlie himself (J. Carrol Naish), Number One Son Barry (James Hong) and film star Sybil Adams (Joan Rice).

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Ian Ogilvie as ST himself arrives and Harry Phipps and Roy Beck make sure they get into shot with him
    Apologies to Ian Ogilvy for spelling his surname the Scottish way!