Page 233 of 293 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5843
    Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    Thank you for your kind remarks Stonefan. I have stated before on this forum how over many years I have gone about the gathering of information on these people. Mot much genius involved, just a lost of common sense, persistence, and hard work. From my location, making thousands of overseas phone calls has been quite expensive. All you UK based people can make these calls a lot cheaper than I do, I wonder why none of you has seemed to do so. In many cases-including that of Pauline Chamberlain-the numbers are in the phone book. Pauline chamberlain is certainly in the London directory (that's how I called her!) and from her comments and kindness to me I'm sure she would be more than happy to speak to anybody about her career. She was also pleased about Britmovie, although she doesn't own a computer.
    As a published author you probably more qualified and therefore more comfortable with calling people such as Pauline Chamberlain. This doesn't take away from the fact that you do a great job on these forums and at considerable personal expense. You, Gerald Lovall, Cornershop, Cully, Tigon Man etc are great guys. This community is niche but brilliant.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Let's see if we can part with a few of the cast secrets from The Secret Partner (1961):

Matron doesn't look too amused as Doctor Conrad Phillips gives Charles Rayford a little prick

As Charles moves off and matron finds out all about PPI mis-selling and double glazing, I think the sailor at the back could be Tony Castleton

Stewart Granger throws a party and despite appearances, Peter Illing isn't the speciality entertainment turn for Melissa Stribling and Paul Beradi, with John Lee in the background

Mel and Pete are getting very friendly with Peter Evans now facing camera in the background and Rex Garner on the right as a hired waiter

Rex maybe isn't too on the ball as it's down to Stewart himself to pour a little snifter for little extra Hyma Beckley. Paddy Smith is behind Stewart and thinking he could do a better job if he was a waiter in this one instead of a guest (and in a good bit of continuity, is the only guest seen shortly after leaving the party in a location shot)

Ah, it looks like the drinks are in a good hands after all, as it's Gerry Judge behind the bar

And ah, the party speciality turn has arrived, perking John Lee's interest as it's Haya Harareet, but Terry Rendell doesn't look so impressed and if it is John Smart on the right, he seems to have his hands full already

Before the party's over, we get a quick appearance from John Wilder as John Lee tries to down a drink without washing away his stuck-on moustache and beard.

Liked
    7 times
    May I say, whilst I'm still in this complimentary mood, that I also enjoy Gerald's amusing way with words when he reports on his extra spotting adventures. I like the way he weaves a tale around the appearances. Good stuff.

Liked
    182 times
    A good crime thriller needs a choice selection of police and this film, which has the look and feel of one of those German Edgar Wallace films from the sixties, has within its ranks:

Det. Insp. Lee Montague and P.C. Colin McKenzie

A dab hand with the dabs, Jackson the fingerprints man, Joe Beckett. That's a rather good rug Hugh Burden is wearing

All wobbly chins at the airport with Stewart, detective Len Llewellyn

Stewart's looking anxious because he's discovered Ernest Fennemore is at the wheel of his police car taking him, Lee and Bernard Lee for a ride. "Not even Joe Wadham or Joe Powell", he must be thinking

As Bernard shuffles in with the more or less constant fag in mouth, constable Arthur Howell is checking the football results on the teleprinter (well, it is 1961 after all). Peter Welch is the other copper here, listed as P.C. McLaren, even though he's a plainclothes detective

Stewart now encounters the long arm of the law holding the door open in the shape of P.C. Hill (George Hilsdon)

On yet another visit to the local station, Stewart finds he has to proceed in a northerly direction past officer Frank Maher.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Stonefan: just trying to make something that can be quite dry more interesting. And when a waterlogged JASON KING has the gall not to write "The Stones of Venice":

He prances around St. Mark's Square in his questionable hairdo and clobber unnoticed I might say by the tourists, including Phil Parks

And by secretary Heather Barbour, one-half of twins Anna Ga�l and waiter Roy Beck

Yet when his disguises himself inconspicuously as a blind street vendor, he gets plenty of notice from Richard Atherton and Fred Machon . . .

. . . and Ron Baker too

As you can imagine, Peter Wyngarde gets the hotel kitchen in an uproar and being uproarious here is Roy Lansford

With Emil Stemmler as a cameriere in the chaos.

There's lots of dubbing going on this episode. As well as Anna twice over, William Squire sounds like he's got the voice of Cyril Shaps and John Cazabon has David Graham vocalising for him. At least Roger Delgado has his own voice, but not his hair as he seems to have borrowed his Master widow's peak from DOCTOR WHO.

Liked
    182 times
    All During One Night in 1961:

We go to the pub and see Bill Cummings smoking a cigarette and playing darts

Then we go outside and see Fred Haggerty doing his best to hide behind a tree. It's going to be a long night for Don Borisenko, I fear.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    May I say, whilst I'm still in this complimentary mood, that I also enjoy Gerald's amusing way with words when he reports on his extra spotting adventures. I like the way he weaves a tale around the appearances. Good stuff.
    I agree Stonefan, it is the highlight of my day seeing Gerald's entries on this thread, (i don't get out much at the moment so the dvd and the netbook is keeping me occupied)

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cully View Post
    Thanks, Stonefan, I have submitted that. IMDB grizzled at the gap between 1974 and 1987 (as they do with 10 year gaps) but I think they trust me enough to confirm it.

You have reminded me to get the DVDs of this great series...which I missed.
    Just watched series 1, episode 1 on Youtube and....there she was!

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear Cully-I don't know why you might think Pauline had big gaps in her list-even though she had another non-acting job later on she still appeared in films like Voyage of the Damned, The Greek Tycoon, The Shining, Ragtime, Witness for the prosecution, Ellis Island, Plenty, etc. etc. not to mention episodes of EastEnders so she still worked in the 70s and 80s. Last thing was Shining Through (1991). And of course early on she was in lots of films, often with her sister, and did a lot of the Ealing comedies like Passport to Pimlico, Kind Hearts & Coronets, The Happiest Days of Your Life and many more. I THINK the first thing she told me was The Woman in the Hall (1947) although she did several other films that same year.

Liked
    7 times
    There's a Girl in my Soup has the unlikely wedding of Nicola Pagett and Lance Percival at the start and lots of our favourites. Here they all are...
    Maxwell Craig and Cy Town.
    Picture1.jpg
    Hugh Elton
    Picture2.jpg
    Eileen Lewis and, I think, Ernest Blythe although she enters the church with Alex. He's mingling elsewhere.
    Picture3.jpg
    Juba Kennerly
    Picture4.jpg
    Victor Harrington and Mabel Ethrington
    Picture5.jpg
    A happy John Tatum
    Picture6.jpg
    And a happy George HoldcroftPicture7.jpg

Liked
    7 times
    Jack Armstrong
    Picture8.jpg
    There's Alex Lewis
    Picture9.jpg
    and last but not least James Payne as a reporter.
    Picture10.jpg

I think Lola Morrice was having a gawp at the wedding parade outside the church but couldn't get a good picture.

Liked
    2 times
    Kidnapped (1960) is Walt Disney's take on the Robert Louis Stevenson novel, set during the Jacobite rebellion, starring Peter Finch who is impressive as rebel Alan Breck Stewart, American James MacArthur is not as impressive as the unfortunate victim of the title, David Balfour. Tricked to join the crew of ship heading to the Carolina's to sell him as a slave, Captain Hoseason's crew include Jim Brady, George Spence and Peter Brace. Rebel in hiding Cluney MacPherson (Finlay Currie) has a few henchman, one of them may be Ernest Fennemore, with a line, he is so heavily made up i couldn't say 100% wether it was him though.

Make Mine Mink (1960) has been well covered before, i can only add John Adams as a P.C. in the illegal gambling club.
    Last edited by philly; 13-10-15 at 03:57 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    Circus of Horrors (1960) has plastic surgeon Dr Rossiter (Anton Diffring) on the run after a botched operation, he ends up taking over a circus after restoring the owner's (Donald Pleasance) daughter's face after it had been scarred by a wartime bomb. The doctor takes on a new pseudonym (Schuler), he makes the circus successfull by recruiting disfigured prostitutes and criminals and restoring them to beauty, in return he expects loyalty, they train to become performers in his circus, if they defy him they meet with an untimely accident. Billy Smarts Circus is the backdrop and footage of their performers and audience weave in and out of the studio scenes. The staged audience scenes include, Pat Halpin and John Tatum. Later a crowd of people are shown round some tableaux by the barker (Glyn Houston), the crowd include Jim Morris and Tony Mendleson, later the back circus scenes have Len Llewellyn, Jack Mandeville, Austin Cooper, Ernie Rice Aileen Lewis, Eddie Boyce and John More. Two of the backstage handlers are Tony Castleton and Reg Thomason and finally in the final scenes Ernest Fennemore plays a P.C.
    Last edited by philly; 13-10-15 at 05:42 PM.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    Dear Cully-I don't know why you might think Pauline had big gaps in her list-even though she had another non-acting job later on she still appeared in films like Voyage of the Damned, The Greek Tycoon, The Shining, Ragtime, Witness for the prosecution, Ellis Island, Plenty, etc. etc. not to mention episodes of EastEnders so she still worked in the 70s and 80s. Last thing was Shining Through (1991). And of course early on she was in lots of films, often with her sister, and did a lot of the Ealing comedies like Passport to Pimlico, Kind Hearts & Coronets, The Happiest Days of Your Life and many more. I THINK the first thing she told me was The Woman in the Hall (1947) although she did several other films that same year.
    Scott, I've spent almost the last 4 years adding Pauline's credits to the IMDB supplied by sightings by a small group of avid PC fans and myself (there are c 134 credits now) and we thought we had hit a wall because no one reported anything after 1974. Now you come up with a whole load of new credits both pre and post 1974!! Well done! Will have to keep a watch out for these films and get screengrabs/sightings so I can add them to IMDB.

Thanks again.

Liked
    182 times
    There may be Freedom to Die in 1961, but there's no role attribution to list:

So here we get police detectives Bill and Jim who are puzzling it out for us and conclude they are Dermot Tuohy and James Neylin

While this comfy convict gives every impression of being Desmond Perry.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Possibly why John Tatum was so grumpy:

Staring down Kenneth Connor in Gonks Go Beat (1965). "Hey, you're in this awful thing too!"

Liked
    2 times
    Already covered here is Never Let go (1960) i can add one or two with deft use of the frame advance, i spotted street passerby's Aileen Lewis and Eddie Boyce. Dodgy car dealer Lionel Meadows (Peter Sellers) enters a pub and then exits through the rear, passing John More at the bar on the way. John Cummings (Richard Todd) is on a downward spiral after having his (3rd party only insured car) knicked, he gets demoted to the packing dept at the perfume dealers he has been selling for, the department foreman who delivers a line, seems to be Charles Rayford. At the police Station towards the end of the film, one of the policemen is George Curtis.
    Last edited by philly; 14-10-15 at 06:03 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    Too Hot to Handle (1960) stars Jayne Mansfield as 'Midnight', she manages the girls in the Pink Flamingo strip club. Midnight is obsessed with the club owner Johnny Solo (Leo Genn) who calls her '12 o'clock'. In the opening street scene Pat Halpin is seen crossing the road, as we enter the club , Midnight is auditioning potential strippers, one of the unsuccessful girls is Pauline Chamberlain. During several visits to the club performances, we see dirty old men, Paul Beradi, Jack Mandeville, Peter Evans, John More, Terry Rendell, Norman Fisher, Tony Mendleson, Ernest Blythe, Len Llewelyn, Jim Morris, and Arthur Goodman. Club staff include Emil Stemmler, Rex Garner and Gerry Judge, finally a later visit to the road outside has Jack May selling newspapers.

Liked
    2 times
    The only scene allowing for extras is the trading post in The Savage Innocents (1959) when Inuit (Anthony Quinn) visits with his wife (Yoko Tani), we see Jim Brady and Robin Burns.

Liked
    2 times
    Already well covered here by Gerald Lovell, Joseph Losey's The Criminal (1960). Extra prison guards include Jack Silk, Michael Dempsey, Jim Morris, Len LLewelyn and Dickey Luck, extra lags, Andy Alston, Bill Reed, Chris Adcock, Richard Gregory and Jimmy Charters, also possibly Otto Friese. At the racing track we see Paul Beradi and possibly Jack Armstrong. Finally at Johnny Bannion's (Stanley Baker) prison release party we see Pauline Chamberlain and possibly Jess Conrad.