Page 236 of 293 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 5843
    Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    Hi Stone Fan, I'll get those credits added for Smashing Time and Rocky Horror.

Can you confirm some of the role attributions though? In Smashing Time, Juba, and The Lewis's amongst others appear to be Art Gallery Patrons, but what about Maxwell Craig? He looks like he is acting as someones minder...

In Rocky Horror are they watching a particular show? Otherwise I'll simply describe Juba and company as theatre audience. I'm not a fan of Rocky Horror and have never seen the whole film.
    In Rocky Horror the actors compendium describes them as 'floor show audience' which is good. Its during the 'I'm coming Home' musical number. As for Smashing Time I would describe Maxwell Craig as an Art Gallery Patron as well as he's only in a few shots and isn't linked to a speaking cast member.

John Wilder, Hyma Beckley, Victor Harrington and Ernest Blythe are also in the Rocky Horror scene.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Wroth noting all those extras only appear in the UK cut of Rocky Horror, not the American cut.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    It may be 'Idol' on Parade (1959), but let's not be idle and parade out:

Showgirl Pauline Chamberlain all aglow as Anthony Newley finishes his act watched by Harry Fowler and others. Pauline's the "lucky" one as Mr. Newley pinches her bottom a few moments later

Onlookers on parade as Newley arrives include Richard Gregory and Aileen Lewis plus Anne Aubrey and Susan Hampshire, who gets nary a line in her two scenes. Richard gets more work as he turns up again in a cinema scene and then in a nightclub scene

Startled on parade is Carl Conway as Sergeant William Bendix arrives from the States (or is it supposed to be an Irish accent?). David Lodge is on the right

Herbert Wise in this one is Sidney James as Harold Coyne and friend decide to patronise the theatre. Harold, accompanied by a different girl, re-appears later in a record shop

Inside the theatre, an apoplectic Lionel Jeffries is grabbed in the stalls (ouch) with Frank Maher on the left and a wigged Paddy Ryan on the right. Do I detect a fight coming up?

Yes I do, because we see Lionel's assailant is (a dubbed) Bob Simmons. Anne looks anxious and Frank's companion I think looks like Josie Grant

In the aftermath when Anne and Lionel escape, the policemen cometh, and this one is Eddie Boyce

Bowler on bald bonce reveals the hidden copper to be Arthur Howell (who gets the additional role of an army lieutenant later on) and a huffin' and puffin', and no doubt grumpin', John Tatum

When Tony and Lionel have to sneak their way back into the army camp, one of the sentries who smells something fishy is Edwin Richfield.

Liked
    182 times
    Messrs. Lodge and Newley head off to the flicks to see The Cockleshell Heroes, in which of course they also appeared (Percy Herbert, Eddie Boyce and Paddy Ryan are in both films too) and which just happens to be another Warwick Film Production:

As they and Dilys Laye are ushered to their seats, Bunny Seaman and Tony Spear need to get to their feet

And as Tony finds himself wishing to get back onto his feet when Rosamund Greenwood starts to canoodle, Norman Fisher has a good look at them instead of the film. Ian Wilson is in this scene as well and he's the only member of the audience who gets a moaning line (John Tatum was too busy being a policeman)

After that performance, Tony has to perform for the Officers' Ball when we get Susan's second silent scene. No prizes for recognising the shining pate or John Wood, but I hope that's Roy Everson smiling in the middle and there's Guy Standeven smiling on the right

The next episode in the film finds Anthony and Anne in The Blue Cockatoo as are Gerry Judge (not a waiter for once) on the left and Joe Wadham right background. Joe gets a line when he plays a cab driver a few minutes later

The waiter this time is in fact Pat Halpin who finds Lionel none too pleased he's stung with the bill

Dilys 'n' Dave are also there and so is Martin Lyder on the right

Moving on to Martin Boddey's Rainbow Club, David gets into an argument with two waiters who are Johnny Wyne and Louis Matto

But it's hoarse Tony who needs a doctor (John Stuart) in the recording studio, Harry Fowler and Sidney James being the concerned managers who see � signs disappearing; though appearing in the background is that Patrick Durkin lookalike double bass player

� signs re-appear as Tony gets his voice back. I think that's Marigold Russell writhing in it (), with Tom Bowman as Freddy on the left and Arnold Schulkes near bottom right thankfully more under control.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Thanks, Gerald. Noted at the IMDB. I wonder who the blonde next to her was. Very pretty like a young Marilyn...

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Images from 'Voyage of the Damned' (1976)

Still no sign of Pauline Chamberlain but at least I found Rosalind Mendelson (making her debut at this thread, surprisingly):

I'm sure I know her partner. Or am I confusing him with Oscar Beregi?

John Tatum and his mystery dancing partner also get good close-ups:

At first glance, I thought this trio might be Bob Raymond, Guy Standeven and Frances Baker:

I'll stick with my original choice regarding Guy. Frances is very prominent in an earlier scene as David de Keyser's wife (?).
    Last edited by cornershop15; 24-10-15 at 03:40 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    I Think the bottom picture is Nehemiah Persoff and David DeKeyser, and I also think that the man with Rosalind Mendleson is the late Laurie Rose, bother of Jack Ross.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Was Laurie Rose....

Liked
    182 times
    I'm still trying to recover from the sight of the close-up of John Tatum smiling.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    In Rocky Horror the actors compendium describes them as 'floor show audience' which is good. Its during the 'I'm coming Home' musical number. As for Smashing Time I would describe Maxwell Craig as an Art Gallery Patron as well as he's only in a few shots and isn't linked to a speaking cast member.

John Wilder, Hyma Beckley, Victor Harrington and Ernest Blythe are also in the Rocky Horror scene.
    All save for John Wilder and Hyma now added. At some time I need to start Hyma with his own Imdb thread.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    I'm not convinced that's Josie Grant in Idol on Parade Gerald.
    My recent research on Josie indicates 1938 for a birth year, making her 20 or 21 when Idol was made. That lady looks a fair bit older..

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Thanks to Scott for identifying those actors. The third capture is where I stopped the DVD (thinking I'd spotted more extras). When I resumed, it was obvious who they were.

The aforementioned Frances Baker, right, and husband (?) David de Keyser, who is on his way to meet Faye Dunaway:

With Lee Grant. Often seen on VHS (Shampoo, Detective Story, In the Heat of the Night) but this is all I have on DVD, disappointingly.

I couldn't get a good image of Lola Morice. She follows the lady in red when the passengers do a hokey cokey-style dance shortly afterwards.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 24-10-15 at 04:56 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Spies are positively tripping over themselves in Echo of Diana (1963) and tripping over himself to introduce himself to Betty McDowall in Vardi's Restaurant:

Is Vincent Ball, with Clare Owen also at the table and just about hiding Martin Lyder behind her perm. Pat Ryan is also there. At least in a later scene in the restaurant, Martin gets a better camera shot and Pat's also in another scene there

In Duffy's Betting Shop where Vince and Geoffrey Toone (whose real voice always sounds dubbed) are about to have a frankly bizarre cameo exchange with spiv Arthur English, we can see Maxwell Craig considering the odds

Back at Vardi's again, Clare's knocking it back with Vince at the bar and just behind her slurping his soup is Pat Halpin

When they get shown to their table, Tony Mendleson briefly appears beyond a pillar and, seconds later, behind a wine glass

Betty's looking all suspiciously suspicious in the next hostelry, The Winning Post (Twickenham branch, I think), where it's the turn of Roy Beck to have some business with a wine glass

Whereas it's the turn of Paddy Smith to have some business with a cigarette and, hidden here by the inconsiderate Raymond Adamson, with the previously sighted Pauline Chamberlain

Geoff is the British spy chief and two of his action men civil servants () are Lowell (Arthur Howell) and Carter (Harold Sanderson). Both get lines and in fact, Harold's the first person we see at the start of the film

Dermot Walsh gets his one scene in the film here, but at least it's back at Vardi's yet again, so I hope he got a good lunch out of it. Maybe two lunches for Aileen Lewis behind him as she's also in one of the earlier scenes there when wearing one of her famous hat and coat combos.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigon Man View Post
    All save for John Wilder and Hyma now added. At some time I need to start Hyma with his own Imdb thread.
    Thanks for doing that. It's nice to see that the extra spotting I've done is now immortalised on the IMDB forever, cheers.

Liked
    182 times
    "Every Picture Tells a Story" for JASON KING and hopefully every picture shows an extra for us:

Bill Westley wandering around an airport terminal behind Peter Wyngarde

Lewis Alexander allowed out on his own at the airport bar behind Peter who's with Cheryl Kennedy

And this Chinese agent on her own: could it be Maureen Tann?

Liked
    182 times
    Danny Boy is causing some grief for Ann Todd in 1941:

Here she's consulted private detective Noel Dainton, who's working some sawdust out of his head

Meanwhile, in a spit and sawdust pub, the landlord's trying to catch some flies no doubt charmed by Albert Whelan's tune on the pipes, Mike Johnson being conveniently deaf and Jack May bottom right conveniently thirsty

Ann prefers to shake free of the sawdust by tripping the light fantastic down the Regency Hotel with David Farrar, narrowly avoiding the clodhoppers of Tony Mendleson (and, half seen on the left, "Rusty"). Tony's back there at the end of the film for a New Year bash in white tie, tails and paper hat.

Liked
    0 times
    Gerald has already pointed out a hypnotized (and struggling to keep a straight face) Jim Brady in the fairly awful Penny Points to Paradise (1951), but a few seconds later:

When Harry Secombe is hypnotized into thinking he's heavyweight champion, he lays out a bunch of stagehands, including I think a young Peter Perkins (and could that possibly be Bob Simmons coming up behind)?

Liked
    182 times
    I think that's Del Watson rather than Peter Perkins, Dave, our old b�te noire!

Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, you're right--realized about an hour after I posted it! At least we know Del's name now...

Liked
    182 times
    Before Elsie and Doris Waters head off to the country for Gert and Daisy's Week-End in 1941:

They have to deal with the rather charming and still quite youthful Nora Gordon who's in charge of evacuees at the town hall

To travel by tube during the war is a bit hazardous, what with Jack May et al dancing along the platform. Towards the back in his best dinner jacket gear is commuter Tony Mendleson

In charge of the entertainment there is shelter organiser Van Boolen, who delivers up warbling singers and crummy accordion players as opposed to the cellists and flautists more commonly encountered in more recent years

And hiding out in G&D's house is the unlikely romantic pair of Rosamund Greenwood as Irene Roberts and Wally Patch as salty Charlie Peters.

There are a number of other well-known players uncredited but previously spotted in this one including Nora Gordon's other half Leonard Sharp.