Page 241 of 293 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Surprise sightings in 'Poppy and Her' (recorded 17th May 1976)

This was the pilot for sitcom Maggie and Her, starring Julia McKenzie and Irene Handl.

Gary Dean is presenting an award to a not-properly-seen old man at his retirement party:

As I was screencapping the scene, I noticed two of my Public Eye subjects. Iris Everson is on the left ...

And behind schoolteacher Julia McKenzie, acting as waitress at the party, is Garth Watkins:

Julia, hoping to meet the man of her dreams, is trying to attract the attention of Gary Waldhorn.

Between her and Irene Handl at the end of the scene is cult favourite Juliette James, no less :

Juliette, who's also uncredited in an episode of Thriller*, played another party guest in The Upchat Line.

Especially for wearysloth and Movie Dude, the best shots of Gary Dean and Garth Watkins in the show:

Who is the lady in the picture?

*I will post a screencap of Juliette James' appearance in Where the Action Is (which somehow didn't make it to Gerald's post) at Uncredited Actors.

If you find this, mariocki, I read your contributions at the 'Tablets' thread a few days ago and am interested to know if this is the only device you use to view the forum now. The presentation looks terrible on the Amazon Fire I bought recently so it worries me that people are looking at 'ruined' posts that I've created on the desktop.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 05-12-15 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Added link.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    Is this film actually The Small Voice?
    It is indeed small and not silent, oops!

Liked
    177 times
    Cinema audience in the 'Van Der Valk' episode A Dangerous Point of View (1973)

I think the man pretending to ignore Barry Foster and Susan Travers is Herbert Aldridge:

He was identified as the most prominent 'Man in Park' in Upstairs Downstairs - Married Love, from the previous year:

Credit to Movie Dude

In the first image, Van Der Valk is asking his wife to keep an eye on the old man in the raincoat - Ernest (C.) Jennings:

Recently seen in Hark at Barker. I'm sure I recognise the old lady from somewhere. Is that Stuart Myers in the middle?

Liked
    182 times
    There's sight of uncredited in Talk of a Million (1951):

Gordon Tanner as Joe, chauffeur to American lawyer John C. Moody (Sidney James)

Mike O'Grady is one of the onlookers in the guise of Bartlett Mullins

Plus Jack May gets his beaky nose on display

Though gardener Bill Shine can give him a run for his money in the nose stakes as sacristan Tony Quinn sticks his in where it's not wanted

Jack Warner manages to talk these businessmen into investing in a dog track. Going to the dogs are Joe Linnane and possibly E. J. Kennedy

Along with John Kelly and Fred Johnson.

Liked
    182 times
    Movie Dude has pretty comprehensively covered over The Mirror Crack'd (1980) = 7 seven years' bad luck presumably, but with good luck these may be in addition:

As Rock Hudson hands back Charles Lloyd Pack's sample much to Elizabeth Taylor's concern, and Eric Dodson's back, I think that's John Clifford coming downstairs to greet Del Watson

At the primary school inquest which follows, I think that could be Charlie Gray sitting between the previously-sighted Lewis Alexander and Richard Pearson, with the police doctor giving evidence being Norman Wooland

And film special effects man Sam Kydd doesn't convince Rock that his kensington gore is 'armless, with Bill Burns playing Sam's silent assistant.

Liked
    182 times
    Wolfing it about during The Sea Wolves (1980) is a gleeful Eddie Powell, about to catch a fellow stuntman who's just leapt off the deck of a ship. Careless.

Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

(6th December 2012)

Peter Evans gambling again, observed by Margit Saad and Nigel Green.
    And a young Terry Sartain.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, Terry Sartain, but what is the name of the film?

Liked
    177 times
    Sorry, Scott. It's the Edgar Wallace film Playback (1962) - which I revisited today for Barry Warren's appearance.

Liked
    182 times
    Yes, that's certainly Sartain!

Meanwhile, in 1951, Mr. Denning Drives North and among the workers at his aircraft company:

A windswept Russell Waters has his attention drawn elsewhere, but Sam Kydd is among those who keep watching the skies

As Russ helps John Mills out of a slight aeroplane disaster, it looks like Frank Maher is having a peer behind the wings

Johnny is reunited with Phyllis Calvert, though the man in the white coat has arrived in the shape of Victor Harrington. Further to the right, it appears Jack May is sneaking in a quick appearance

Time to twirl around the nightclub dance floor instead of the Surrey skies and Pat Ryan is ready to join in

Paul Beradi and Jack Mandeville are already well at it

Johnny has cause to consult some gypsies and Jack May gets another appearance, with lines this time, and is joined by three horses along with Horsey Face, who gets a nice close-up in a later travelling folk montage

Nightclubs can be good for sightings as can courtrooms and so here we get Eddie Boyce just behind Johnny in his specs and Phyl in an, ahem, interesting hat. Peter Evans' "brother" gets a look-in too, while propping up the wall is John Adams in civvies. The copper on the door is Fred Machon and in the dock is Trader Faulkner, with Sam Wanamaker as his barrister

Outside the court, Sam's feeling the ill effects of the cockeyed legal procedure this film adopts though Eileen Moore is there to comfort him. Although he never looks round, the copper on the left has a chin that is highly suggestive of Ernest Blythe while the one on the right, no mean candidate in the chin department either, is Donald Conlan

Inquests are also a good breeding ground for sightings, so as Wilfrid Hyde-White shambles into this one, Norman Fisher, Frederick Kelsey and John More are among those already bred. Curiously, as we see Norman, the witness being called to the stand is "Mr. Fisher".

There's a dream sequence at the start of the film following the spoken credits and as well as credited actors (John Stuart, Raymond Huntley, Russell Waters and Herbert Lom) playing different parts, there's another opportunity for Peter Evans' "brother" to appear.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Already well covered here in 2013 Man in the Moon (1960), not much more to add really, Ernest Fennemore as a lab Technician, he also assists Jack Mandeville (noted by Gerald) in setting up the high speed rocket seat test for William Blood (Kenneth More), subsequently sabotaged by Leo (Charles Gray) a jealous colleague. When the mission relocates to Woomera in the Australian outback, i think Aileen Lewis is one of the technical staff members.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Watching The Whisperers (1966), George Spence gets a couple of lines to Eric Portman in the homeless hostel.

Liked
    182 times
    The only one hijacked into the uncredited cast not already sighted that I can add to North Sea Hijack (1979):

Is Lew Hooper on board "Jennifer" and on the blower to Equity.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    The only one hijacked into the uncredited cast not already sighted that I can add to North Sea Hijack (1979):

Is Lew Hooper on board "Jennifer" and on the blower to Equity.
    Also, stuntman Jack(ie) Cooper can be seen in the line-up in the last scene of the film.

Liked
    182 times
    The title 13 East Street has not much relevance to the 1951 film, but 13 Uncredited Cast does:

As Detective Superintendent Hector Macgregor tells the tale in flashback to the assembled press, Paddy Smith jots down a few notes to his next menu

An apparently remorseful Michael Balfour is for the clink, and Harold Sanderson (with lines!) is the man to take him there after a struggle

At the clink, when "2169 Jackson" is read out, it's a squeaky-voiced Jim Brady who responds and heads for the lock-up. The gruff-voiced prison officer . . .

. . . is the stern-faced Frank Forsyth. Michael's cellmate is a bemused Patrick Holt

No lines, no pipe, but lots of whistling and feeling a right basket when his van is nicked is delivery man Ernie Rice

The long arm of the law holding out a ticket to the policemen's ball for Pat appears to belong to Tony Spear

The long shot of this sighting as Michael speaks with his mouth full is that it's the head of Gerry Judge on the far left as Alan Judd enters the caf� of Rusty, an out-of-frame Andreas Malandrinos. And the patron right at the back is the "Lon Chaney, Jr. lookalike".

Liked
    182 times
    Among the gang members Pat joins is Harry Towb playing Fred, a darn sight more interesting than his boss Robert Ayres

When Pat and his future wife Sandra Dorne visit Michael Ward's American Bar, it's Victor Harrington who's making the quick exit

Also keen on a quick exit is mechanic Charlie (John Warren) who's more interested in going to the pictures with his wife than helping Michael and Alan Gordon with the conked-out lorry

IMDb includes Harry Fowler in the cast, but I couldn't see him, although at one point this young lad looks a bit like Harry. Here he's making an unpleasant discovery in a bombed-out building and I think he could well be the young Barry MacGregor.

Liked
    182 times
    RETURN OF THE SAINT and "The Obono Affair" finds Simon Templar exiting the Royal Horseguards Hotel while a demonstration is in progress:

With the calm doorman being a calm Bill Westley

While calm at Heathrow keeping an eye on the lady in tight jeans is calm P.C. John Cannon, with only a truncheon at his disposal to ward off terrorists.

Liked
    182 times
    Iman is all at sea with her acting in 1979 so she prepares to encounter that scene stealer Robert Morley:

Pat Ryan rushes quickly by without telling her to forget trying to upstage him

And sadly Charlie Gray and his companion do the same. The Human Factor - or fear of director Otto Preminger - kicks in every time.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Already covered here some time ago Cone of Silence 1960 is an enjoyable drama about inquests into two fatal plane crashes, attendees observing the inquests include Hugh Elton, Colin McKenzie, Jack Dearlove, Pat Halpin, Peter Rendall, John Wilder, Joe Beckett, Jack Armstrong, Philip Stewart, Peter Evans brother and the Terry Rendell lookalike. The theatre scene we see Tony Mendleson and Pearl Walters, club scene Tony Castleton, Martin Lyder and waiter Louis Matto, a second waiter could be Rex Garner but only the back of his head is seen. At Ranjiban airport are Jack Mandeville and Arthur Goodman. A co-pilot is Guy Standeven, snack bar hostess Lucy Griffiths, plane passengers George Holdcroft, Paul Beradi Berardi? and Bob E Raymond, finally the Richard Gregory lookalike in the bar.
    Last edited by philly; 14-12-15 at 05:46 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    That's an excellent new planeload for Cone of Silence, philly. And now a crookload from Little Big Shot (1952):

There's a robbers' gathering at the wake for Harry Hawkwood, Sr. and prominent for the camera is Horsey Face

Soon there's a rammy with the rozzers, whose number include John Adams by the door

By the window, the officer seems to be Harold Sanderson and the mobster being held by D.S. Derek Farr so that he can elucidate his threats to Ronald Shiner would appear to be the unattributed role of Tony Vappini for Cyril Conway

At the crooks' pool hall, Ronald's soon-to-disappear opponent is Van Boolen, watched over by Little Mo, Victor Baring

Jim Tyson at the bar and he shortly gets quite a bit of business to do and dialogue to deliver. Ernie Rice waddles out when Derek arrives - he was at the wake earlier too - but is back for some goodly amount of screentime when Manning Whiley arrives to unveil his new robbery plans. Watching now is Big Mo, Danny Green. A later scene in this set features the "Lon Chaney, Jr. lookalike"

One of the daft subplots involves Marie Lohr as Big Squaw Feather Head and there's Gabrielle Daye in her unattributed role as Miss Upjohn, aka Little Scrawny Featherless Head

We go to Mack's Bar in New York for an equally daft dream sequence where we find Jim Brady at the counter, presumably Daphne Baker at the piano and Paddy Smith at the crossword

Tony's back with reinforcements this time in the shape of Fred Haggerty and Jack Arrow (so I think there's a fight coming up)

I was right! And about to join it as his nose comes through the French doors is P.C. Bill Baskiville.