Page 250 of 293 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    During the Lunch Hour (1962):

Shirley Anne Field and Robert Stephens may be wandering off with copulation in mind, but the girl in the centre is more interested in cake than Fred Machon breathing down her. Fred pitches up a while later with a some lines to say to Robert in a soup of the day restaurant

Tramp Dido Plumb has found something more to his interest on the ground as Robert approaches with his interest concentrated on the foreground

There must be something in the air that's getting them all at it. Something that Jimmy Charters can only dream about

We're not even in the back row of the cinema showing an, ahem, continental film, so they can't be too surprised when Ernie Rice turns up in his dirty mac

Their luncheon passion may be artistic, but Wilkinson the museum guard (Guy Standeven) gets a few words to say about it

Robert decides not to take a rent-by-the-hour room when he sees what happens to the last dirty old punter who used it, the sharply-exiting Juba Kennerley. At least he kept his bowler on

Shirley's suddenly saddled with two children (Neil Culleton and Sandra Leo), but after the dubbed dialogue of Eddie Malin warning them about his vicious dog, they wish he'd not just been, but also gone

The lady on the left on this train is no stranger as it's the Lady in the Hat Gertrude Kaye.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Good film, that.

Liked
    182 times
    As far as the plot is concerned, it takes a long time before we get to the House of the Seven Hawks, but as far as the sightings are concerned, in The House of the Seven Hawks (1959):

A scene transition just about lets us see Lieutenant Martin Lyder on sea tea duty

When going dutch with the cops, Robert Taylor has to tighten his belt as this is the last film under his MGM contract. There to observe are Guy Deghy, Vic Chapman (who gets a few lines) and cigar-smoking while smirking Donald Wolfit

Bob still has enough to pop into the local boozer, however, where two of the patrons are Ted Carroll (broken variety) and I think Wallace Bosco (beret variety)

Getting a screen credit (his only one, according to IMDb) but no role attribution is Peter Lannagan and so this must be he, co-incidentally playing Peter, strong-arm and comic-loving henchman of Eric Pohlmann.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Already covered is the Charlie Drake comedy Sands of the Desert (1960)customers in the travel agents include Paul Beradi and Walter Henry. airline passengers George Holdcroft, Bob E Raymond and Bunny Seamon, arabs Manny Michael (policeman, Andreas Malindrinos and Jim Brady.
    I don't think we have in fact done this one, philly, so apart from those you list and a few shown on IMDb, I can add:

Andr� Charisse as the manager of the Hotel Splendide that hardly lives up to its name, despite the intimidating presence of big Neil McCarthy, little Charlie Drake and even littler Rebecca Dignam

When Charlie and co. try to barter a deal over Rebecca's shoes with Roger Delgado, Alf Mangan is there to watch. Roger and Neil would square up again 11 years later in DOCTOR WHO "The Mind of Evil"

Needless to say, a riot ensues and the market trader in the middle is an excitable and orange-laden Emil Stemmler

Derek Sydney and Alan Tilvern are going to pay for their failure to carry out Peter Arne's orders and I think Maurice Bush and Peter Brace are the guards instructed to take the money and run them in

Another of Sheikh Arne's henchmen seems to be the browned-up William Dexter (William Peacock); nearly everyone is browned-up in this one

But you'll be browned-off by having to watch Charlie Drake go through his usual mugging, plus playing here a mirage of his Aunt Ada of Weybridge.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I don't think we have in fact done this one, philly, so apart from those you list and a few shown on IMDb, I can add:

Andr� Charisse as the manager of the Hotel Splendide that hardly lives up to its name, despite the intimidating presence of big Neil McCarthy, little Charlie Drake and even littler Rebecca Dignam

When Charlie and co. try to barter a deal over Rebecca's shoes with Roger Delgado, Alf Mangan is there to watch. Roger and Neil would square up again 11 years later in DOCTOR WHO "The Mind of Evil"

Needless to say, a riot ensues and the market trader in the middle is an excitable and orange-laden Emil Stemmler

Derek Sydney and Alan Tilvern are going to pay for their failure to carry out Peter Arne's orders and I think Maurice Bush and Peter Brace are the guards instructed to take the money and run them in

Another of Sheikh Arne's henchmen seems to be the browned-up William Dexter (William Peacock); nearly everyone is browned-up in this one

But you'll be browned-off by having to watch Charlie Drake go through his usual mugging, plus playing here a mirage of his Aunt Ada of Weybridge.
    How can you have footage of this film without grabs of Sarah Branch??

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    I must have been under an I influence when I said Sands of the Desert had been covered Gerald, oops. I loved Charlie Drake in the sixties when I was a kid, his appeal is lost on the adult philly a bit. My school report on the extra spotting said "D write out a hundred times I must do better " ouch!
    I was trying to brave looking at this again to find attributions for Irene Barrie and Mia Karam who I suspect are harem girls, also to spot Andrew Andreas lookalike Michael Jacques who I first noticed in Dangerman it is in his CV. When browsing Spotlight I recognised an actress called Geraldine Jackson I suspect she is a harem girl as well.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Son of Robin Hood (1958)

Amongst the forester outlaws are Jim Brady and Dido Plumb.

Liked
    182 times
    In The Rough and the Smooth (1959), smooth Tony Britton tries to get rough taxi driver Cyril Smith to move his behind:

All Peter Rendall wants to move is a half of beer down his throat

At Jane Buller's Barge Club party, a sudden engagement is announced:
    Natasha Parry is delighted, Tony not nearly quite so and among the guests are John More and Oliver Reed and just out of shot . . .

. . . I think that's Ken Hutchins lurking in the shadows in front of Ollie (who I hope isn't getting tanked up)

Tony's off back down The Lion pub to tank up where Jimmy Charters beams at the thought of the drink landlord Bob (Norman Pierce) is readying

Frederick Kelsey raises a glass to Tony's guilty pleasure Nadja Tiller as she sashays through the bar

Tone and Nadj head out for a slap-up meal with William Bendix at a restaurant which has Michael Ward as the head waiter, so souffl� will doubtless be on that menu. Now Michael might not have his earrings on, but Charlie Price in the background has certainly forgotten to wear his black tie

The waiter under Michael is Louis Matto, but he looks not unhappy regardless.

Liked
    182 times
    Let the dancing commence:

And commencing dancing on the right is Jack Mandeville

Bendix meets Martin Miller while it appears to be Terry Rendell's lookalike rather than Terry himself prancing in the background

Standing or dancing in for themselves, though, are the real Martin Lyder . . .

. . . the genuine Aileen Lewis (who can be seen later on boozing in The Lion); that's Adrienne Corri and Myles Eason chatting with the lovers . . .

. . . and the kosher Eddie Boyce

After all that, Tony and Nadja need a countryside break and the yokel who suddenly if momentarily appears to break that break looks like Jack May

Roughly or smoothly, Nadja does like the company of many men. Edward Chapman is included (); here he is stomping off, leaving another potential prey, Jon Laurimore as Joe.

Liked
    182 times
    Ingrid Hafner is in a dilemma down the bank in Dilemma (1962):

Guard George Curtis won't let her cash a cheque

Custodian Gordon Harris isn't willing to help either but Ingrid and her handbag win over managing director Mr. Wrigley (William Sherwood).

Liked
    182 times
    On the trail of The Boy Who Stole a Million (1960):

Police photographer Carlos (Andrew Andreas) can't wait to snap a picture of Robert Rietty sampling a taste of money

Martin Lyder immediately arrives, all ready to say "cheese"

Colin Gordon Tutorial no. 3 seems to be working well for yet another police detective, Arthur Gomez

Arthur turns to check how he's done with Aidan Harrington

On a rickety tram, the little robber (Maurice Reyna) finds he's being followed by big robbers on rickety bikes. Hilda Green noses forward to have a look

Maurice doesn't have the correct fare for conductor Lee Montague

But rather more worrying than that is being eyed-up by Tony Castleton. Also on the tram is the unknown extra with the large facial mole and Victor Baring

Tutte Lemkow is arrested by the Spanish police represented by Chris Adcock and Bill Nagy. Andreas Malandrinos just thinks that's cobblers.

There's a fair bit of dubbing going on in this one but although Robert Rietty appears and gets a screen credit, I couldn't hear him doing any voice-overs. However, I think Roger Delgado supplies the voices for a blind man and for Chris Adcock.

Other extras in the Pinewood studio scenes include Joe the Waiter and the John Lynn lookalike ("Kisher"), who appears in two scenes, plus Billy Wilmot.

Liked
    182 times
    Minding their feet when near the Sheepdog of the Hills (1941):

Noel Dainton as Mr. Anderson, who's wisely decided to phone in some of his performance

And Nora Gordon as the vicar's housekeeper Mrs. Weeks, who's joining her credited husband Len (Leonard) Sharp at Nettlefold, though Len also got to scramble through the undergrowth as Geordie Scott the poacher with a pramload of rabbits down in Devon for the location work.

Liked
    182 times
    Swept along with The Mill on the Floss (1937), which is nothing to do with dentists:

Edmund Willard as sour as ever as Mr. Jenkins, trying to outbid William Devlin for the Tulliver family chamber pot

And I think the auctioneer on the right who has a thing about banging gavels is Sidney Monckton.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    This picture appears on director Humphrey Jennings' Wikipedia page:

The caption reads: 'Director Humphrey Jennings (left) stretches up to touch a piece of sculpture in Poets' Corner, as he suggests a shot for Camera Operator Chick Fowle of the Crown Film Unit, probably during the filming of 'Words For Battle' in Westminster Abbey, 1941.' Could this possibly be the same person as Edwin 'Chic' Fowles?

Liked
    182 times
    Among the Force 10 from Navarone (1978):

Naval officer Antony Carrick dropping into stock footage from The Guns of Navarone

M.P. Peter Brace about to drop into a fight with Harrison Ford's boys

Billy Dean about to join him

Rocky Taylor having a great time joining in the fun as one of Harrison's Force 10 Team

Harrison's amazed that Byron Sotiris is refusing to play hide and seek; Robert Shaw's only counted up to 6

I think it's on the cards there's going to be a bit of action with these German soldiers given four of them are Jack Cooper, Fred Haggerty, Billy Dean (having changed sides) and Rupert Evans

And while we know the nasty Nazi in the centre is our own Harry Fielder, it seems his chum playing pass the parcel of explosives with him is Les Conrad.

Liked
    182 times
    Charles Clay perhaps playing the illegal table watched over by Ralph Truman is a part of The Butler's Dilemma in 1943:

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    The Inspector Alleyn Mysteries - Death in a White Tie

I can't be 100%, but i'm pretty sure this a a 74 year old Reg Thomason, in this BBC production from 1992
    The nose looks just right..

Inspector Alleyn Mysteries -Death in a White Tie 1.JPG

Inspector Alleyn Mysteries -Death in a White Tie 2.JPG

Liked
    182 times
    Reg and Aidan Harrington, I think, Tigon Man!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Reg was in a lot of things wasn't he because...see below.
    Last edited by Stonefan; 25-02-16 at 01:02 PM.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I have spotted him three times in the past week. In the Elephant Man as an assistant to Anthony Hopkins during the initial seminar showing the doctors John Merrick, in 84 Charring Cross Road as someone (possibly a local councillor) greeting (again) Anthony Hopkins and Judy Dench at a polling station and, more bizarrely, a London based episode of Magnum PI as a passenger on a plane alongside Tom Selleck and John Hillerman