Page 26 of 293 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Correction to a sighting from Post #496:

The policeman with Lloyd Lamble here in The Pure Hell of St. Trinian's (1960) I think is in fact Edwin Brown.

Liked
    182 times
    Two Way Stretch (1960) is a kind of companion piece to The Wrong Arm of the Law (1962) with many of the same players in both. In addition to the credited cast for the former:

Enjoying life outside while inside, the smiling convict at the back with the fag I think must be Alf Mangan

A Lodge meeting! As well as David Lodge, Warren Mitchell and Peter Sellers, in the centre is Guy Standeven. George Hilsdon is near the back, but see later . . .

"Ello darlin" says the irresistible (?) male model Ted Carroll to prison welfare lady Miss Prescott (Noel Hood)

I think we've got George Hilsdon here again playing Harold, who has an exchange of suggestions with Warren Mitchell who's making Bernard Cribbins' "going away" outfit

You've got the job. Rockhaven Prison warder Larry Taylor lets Lionel Jeffries know the governor is coming to see him. Lionel's got promotion to Huntleigh Prison: good news for him, but not for Peter Sellers and Co.

It's a hold-up, literally so for diamonds van driver Joe Wadham

And it's a fair cop. Well, it's Gerry Judge at least, back in police uniform on a train as the net closes in on the lads.

Liked
    182 times
    The Long Arm (1956) has a longish cast list, but here are a few more uncredited additions plus an IMDb correction:

While Glyn Houston has a look at the mugshots, he's observed by colleagues Michael Collins seated on the left and Guy Standeven standing even on the right. He gets a few (dubbed?) lines. John Stratton is the D.S. in charge

As Sydney Tafler wipes his hands of the affair, fingerprint man Roy Purcell wonders if he's spotted a syrup

When we move to the Colin Gordon Academy of Telephonic Etiquette, aka the Criminal Record Office, the bloke on the blower closest to us seems to be John Arnatt

His colleague down the garage is Martin Wyldeck who seems after the fish supper on the bonnet Jack Hawkins wants to have

As the net closes in, the salesman who is most disappointed he can't flog John Stratton a rug (Sydney Tafler's already wearing it) appears to be Graham Leaman.

Then a small correction to the IMDb uncredited cast list: the uniformed policeman at the Shipping Office is Vincent Ball (not at the hospital, where the police officer is the credited Barry Keegan, named "Keagan" in the end credits). The inspector is the inevitable John Warwick and the cashier Joss Ambler.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 14-09-11 at 01:10 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Good to see our Fred (Wood/Woods) in several prominent scenes from Hammer's Demons of the Mind (1971):

Liked
    182 times
    A couple of Ealing extras:

The fop displaying his material to Joan Greenwood would appear to be Michael Ward, who gets an uncredited listing in IMDb, but no role attribution. I had no luck in locating the others in the same IMDb position, namely Sandra Dorne, John Gregson, Barbara Murray and Anthony Steel, all of whom would have been hopefully recognisible. From Ealing's first Technicolor production, Saraband for Dead Lovers (1948), skilfully directed by Basil Dearden.

As featured in his own thread, this seems to be the earliest sighting so far for Victor Harrington who is applauding enthusiastically in the second row just before he is blocked from view by the blurry gentleman who rises to his feet (and may be a young Edward Malin . . . but was Eddie ever young??). From Train of Events (1949), also co-directed by Basil Dearden.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Good to see our Fred (Wood/Woods) in several prominent scenes from Hammer's Demons of the Mind (1971):

Looks like Red Bailey with Fred..

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Harry, I thought the same, could be Red Bailey.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Catching Up with Posts

Congratulations on all those Sightings, Gerald. Guy Standeven has become a familiar face this year. I should have recognised him before from the Public Eye episode The Windsor Royal, where he has a key role. Vincent Ball is another actor I was surprised to see in an old favourite, although it had been many years since my previous viewing of Oh! What a Lovely War. He's the Australian Soldier who teases Colin Farrell about the shortage of coffins. I thought he was a new face when I saw him in Man in a Suitcase. You should see Gerry Judge in another capture later - a repost of his appearance in Georgy Girl for the Victor Harrington thread.

Arrow-minded

Yet another one of Jack Arrow (on the left again!) to add to the collection. It's about time he had a thread as well :
    In The Persuaders -The Man in the Middle (1971) with Tony Curtis, Terry-Thomas, Stanley Meadows and Roger Moore.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 29-09-11 at 03:25 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Jack Arrow again, sans moustache, as a Security Guard in The Saint episode The Smart Detective (1965):

Unfortunately, the clearest view of him is when Brian Worth turns away from the camera. Can anyone identify the ladies?
    Last edited by cornershop15; 04-10-11 at 01:02 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Nice one of Jack, cornershop. He has a bit of a Windsor Davies look to him, though with bigger ears! Not sure about the ladies, sadly.

Liked
    182 times
    cornershop's post from "The Smart Detective" inspired me to delve back into the early scenes of that episode and:

Another Security Guard, Walter Henry

And yet another, the great Eric Kent hiding behind the great Roger Moore

Then reporter on the right, the combed-over Keith Smith.

The scene also features our mystery "Simon Callow/Stan Laurel-lookalike" extra as well as Hummies' favourite extra no. 2 (who I've just seen in airport scenes in another episode of THE PERSUADERS! called "The Morning After").
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 04-10-11 at 10:08 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    I also recognised Walter Henry, Gerald, and the Simon Callow lookalike, who we've seen earlier in the series (The Benevolent Burglary) and as a Barman in Gideon's Way. Unless you beat me to it, I'll do a capture of him and the man with the bald patch in your last image. I know him from somewhere too.

I still remember Keith Smith best as one of Spike Milligan's Q team. He looks a bit like Jeremy Longhurst and it's interesting to note that both actors appeared in the next episode of The Saint, The Persistent Parasites. I have a feeling their resemblance was noticed by the makers of the programme, and they did share one or two scenes. Keith played a different character this time (Arnold Diamond's 'assistant') - something the viewers might have noticed!

By the way, the IMDb have already accepted by submission of 'Reporter (uncredited)' for his role in The Smart Detective.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    cornershop's post from "The Smart Detective" inspired me to delve back into the early scenes of that episode and:

Another Security Guard, Walter Henry

And yet another, the great Eric Kent hiding behind the great Roger Moore

Then reporter on the right, the combed-over Keith Smith.

The scene also features our mystery "Simon Callow/Stan Laurel-lookalike" extra as well as Hummies' favourite extra no. 2 (who I've just seen in airport scenes in another episode of THE PERSUADERS! called "The Morning After").
    That guy is Ken ??..He went into the wardrob Dept... I remember in 1970 I had a fancy dress party at my local pub in Islington and Ken and his mate Donald turned up dressed as Nuns..??

Aitch,

Liked
    182 times
    Ken Tyllsen, Aitch?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    I also recognised Walter Henry, Gerald, and the Simon Callow lookalike, who we've seen earlier in the series (The Benevolent Burglary) and as a Barman in Gideon's Way. Unless you beat me to it, I'll do a capture of him and the man with the bald patch in your last image. I know him from somewhere too.

I still remember Keith Smith best as one of Spike Milligan's Q team. He looks a bit like Jeremy Longhurst and it's interesting to note that both actors appeared in the next episode of The Saint, The Persistent Parasites. I have a feeling their resemblance was noticed by the makers of the programme, and they did share one or two scenes. Keith played a different character this time (Arnold Diamond's 'assistant') - something the viewers might have noticed!

By the way, the IMDb have already accepted by submission of 'Reporter (uncredited)' for his role in The Smart Detective.

Keith Smith was a regular in the later Spike Milligan shows. I remember him in There's a Lot Of It About from 1982, being cheekily introduced as Keith 'Mr Lovely Legs' Smith by Spike, due to Keith's matchstick thin lallies.
    Hard to believe he once did something as energetic as being a RADA fencing instructor.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    The Long Arm (1956) has a longish cast list, but here are a few more uncredited additions plus an IMDb correction:

As Sydney Tafler wipes his hands of the affair, fingerprint man Roy Purcell wonders if he's spotted a syrup
    Are you sure about Roy Purcell, Gerald? He looks like Jerome Willis to me:
    - The Avengers : How to Succeed .... At Murder : cast and crew (Of course, I have no idea what Roy Purcell looks like...)

Liked
    182 times
    It is certainly Roy Purcell, dissolute, who was fuller in the face than Jerome Willis, plus he parted his hair on the (his) right, unlike Jerome. Here is a screencap of Roy from 1972:

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Gerald, I should have known Roy from Dr Who... his nose is shorter and teeth straighter than Jerome as well.
    Every visit to this site is an education!

Liked
    182 times
    At ABPC and in THE AVENGERS, "The Bird Who Knew Too Much", Mrs. Peel and Steed have to rely on the delicate surgeon's hands of a masked "pathological lab" assistant:

Despite the disguise, the assistant looks very much like Pat Judge.

Moving on to Pinewood and THE PERSUADERS!, "Read and Destroy" is a fun episode and in a very rainy Black Park standing in for Eastern Europe:

The "Key Agent" in the hat about to be swapped for Joss Ackland seems to be Harold Sanderson

The short Eastern Guard on Joss Ackland's right is surely Rodney Cardiff

The short Western Guard on Joss Ackland's left is surely Cy Town

I think the plain clothes detective who doesn't detect what Tony Curtis, Roger Moore and George Merritt are plainly eating could well be Derek Chafer

And the uniformed officer behind Derek looks very much like Alan Meacham.

Liked
    182 times
    "Nuisance Value" in THE PERSUADERS! , well, these uncredited folk certainly aren't:

We don't get a great shot of him in this episode, but the trademark brown suit of John Tatum in the background is quite clear, as Ralph Bates marches across the generic PERSUADERS hotel lobby. Hummies' favourites 2 and 3 are also in the hotel lobby scenes - no. 3 can be seen here too

As is no. 2 in this one, while the reception clerk Rodney Cardiff has a difficult telephone call for Sarah Lawson as Roger Moore looks on

And also looking on in a day-for-night shot on the Pinewood backlot is a village policeman who I think is Alan Meacham.