Page 27 of 293 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Suddenly, a Derek Chafer fixation, as I think here he is again as the taxi driver with the sadly recently-departed Diane Cilento and Tony Curtis in "A Death in the Family", the last episode of THE PERSUADERS! to be filmed:

Taxi drivers don't seem to dress that like anymore.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Gerald, that looks more like David John...???

Liked
    182 times
    Hi Aitch. You are probably right, though I thought he looked a bit too thick around the gills to be David.

Liked
    182 times
    THE PERSUADERS! again and "The Man in the Middle", but the men in the middle of the pictures here look like:

Eric Kent as a deliveryman to the Embassy

Harold Sanderson as an agent from the Embassy.

Liked
    182 times
    Quatermass and the Pit (1967) has a large extras and stunt cast and quite a number have been identified before, but here are a few others I've picked up on my most recent viewing of the film:

On the far left, I think the workman is another role for the list of Harry Fielder. Aitch has his role for this film down as "possessed man" and he can be clearly seen late on in the film as such, but it looks like he was on double duty on this production

Outside, the passerby in the dodgy titfer looks like Mickey Varey. He can be seen later as a spectator in a crowd and then again towards the end, as we shall see . . .

Not so sure about this, but the sapper in the foreground appears to be Eric Kent. He also does double duty in the film - or plays twins - as in the same scene, he's seen twice loading gear onto the truck and then climbing into it. Duncan Lamont and Maurice Good have the dialogue

Calling time is publican George Hilsdon, as his licenced establishment starts to fall down around him. George is wisely grabbing the Watneys

The film's stunt supervisor Eddie Powell takes the role of the daft reporter who gets too near the danger in the pit and pays the price

Once the mob gets going and Andrew Keir and Barbara Shelley get out onto the street, stuntmen abound and on the right, hair flying, is Fred Haggerty. Shortly after, Fred can be seen jumping out of a window before he is set upon by the crowd

Aitch's co-possessed men and women here include Mike Reid in the blue shirt on the left and Mickey Varey again on the right. The blur in the foreground is a blast of Martian wind (!), which causes Mickey to lose his possession and grimace. The extra we see to the right of the plump Wendy Richards look-alike is a frequent performer whose name we don't know yet

And finally, here's a startled workman, who uncovers something nasty in the pit, Gareth Thomas. His appearance in the film is well-known, but I thought I'd put him in anyway!

Liked
    51 times
    Thanks for this Gerald, did this down at Pinewood studios and it was my first horror film....Nice to see some some of the ''Old'' faces...

Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    Thanks for this Gerald, did this down at Pinewood studios and it was my first horror film....Nice to see some some of the ''Old'' faces...
    The guy front left is Alan Bennet..(Jim Knows him)...
    ....1967 MGM Borehamwood...Herts....................... I got a call from Central Casting to go to MGM Studios in Borehamwood, Herts to do a few days on this film movie. I was used as as a workman digging out som...e Underground holes in a tube station (studio).After some time one of the other extras finds some odd things and digging comes to a stop. A couple of days later I'm back on the film as a possessed man. All we had to do was walk around the tube station as if we were Zombies..
    My wife said ''No change there then''..........lol...See More

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Aitch. I believe Jim is in this film too, but I wasn't able to spot him.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Gerald, I am in there somewhere, all I can remember is running from the station.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    Hello All. Been a bit busy of late sorting out a catastophic disaster on my Computor.

I have been wondering about this actor from Quatermass and the Pit for some time. Could this be Mr Payne???

ImageJP.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Well done, Dude, that's our Jim! And it looks like Harold Sanderson at the back on the left too.

Liked
    13 times
    Thank You Gerald. That also confirms another sighting I have of Jim in Alfie (1965) as 'Man in Pub Fight', Although I don't remember actually seeing him in a fight!

Thanks Again.

Dude

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Quatermass and the Pit (1967) has a large extras and stunt cast and quite a number have been identified before, but here are a few others I've picked up on my most recent viewing of the film:

Aitch's co-possessed men and women here include Mike Reid in the blue shirt on the left and Mickey Varey again on the right. The blur in the foreground is a blast of Martian wind (!), which causes Mickey to lose his possession and grimace. The extra we see to the right of the plump Wendy Richards look-alike is a frequent performer whose name we don't know yet
    I might have a name for that frequent extra - he appears in "The Avengers" in "Room without a View" (among other episodes) - the name Fred Stone is mentioned in the paperwork for that episode and I haven't identified that actor yet - it's either him or another man with white hair:

Liked
    182 times
    dissolute, I think Fred Stone is the chap with the white hair.

Liked
    8 times
    Hello Moviedude too, I think it might be very hard to see me in the fight scene, being a bit of a coward, I was right at the back sparring with my old Pal Johnny Triplet, God bless him.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well done, Gerald, especially in spotting that early appearance of Aitch in Quatermass and the Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by MovieDudeToo View Post
    That also confirms another sighting I have of Jim in Alfie (1965) as 'Man in Pub Fight', Although I don't remember actually seeing him in a fight!
    Welcome back, Movie Dude! I've been wondering where you were. I hope you didn't lose anything important. Alfie is one of my favourite films and I know the fight scene well. Cardew Robinson, credited at IMDb as 'Gay Man in Pub', is caught up in it, with an unknown actor apparently playing his boyfriend. They are seen running into the Ladies toilets for safety! Other familiar faces in this scene include Tony Selby and Bryan Marshall as friends of Alfie's, Queenie Watts as the Pub Singer who carries on regardless, and Sydney Tafler.

I think Jim appears during this sequence, where Sydney is about to be punched. Can anyone identify his attacker?:

Recognise anyone else here, apart from Michael Caine? More images at 'Who are these people?' soon.

As the heavy lands his punch, another Extra is revealed. Is that really you whitstablejim?!:
    Last edited by cornershop15; 25-10-11 at 10:33 AM.

Liked
    8 times
    Yes Cornershop, that was me, when I was young and handsome, the chap right hand bottom is John Triplet.

Liked
    13 times
    More excellent info from the 'Brains' at BritMovies.

whitstablejim, interesting point you make about John Triplet. He is another of my unknowns which I can now put a name to.

Thanks for the welcome cornershop. It is nice to be back.

You'll be glad to know that I didn't lose anything important. For some strange reason all my file names became corupted and had to be renamed and reloaded back into the database. I also took the opportunity to update the whole thing by uploading all the extras from the all the films, so my little database has grown by 25000+ images in the last few months. I'm about two thirds of the way through it at the moment so it will still take another couple of months at least to get it working properly again.

You caught the fight scene nicely there. The attacker is Ronald Rich. Still uncredited at IMDb. Strangely enough Billy Cornelius is credited at BFI as 'big man in pub', but I cannot find him anywhere. Perhaps Ronald Rich replaced him. I also noticed at IMDb Neil Wilson is now credited as 'bus passenger' but if you look carefully you will also see Madge Brindley on the same bus.

Liked
    182 times
    Jim, thanks to MovieDudeToo, I've located your scene - you get a close-up - how did I miss it? - near the beginning of Quatermass and the Pit as you exit the station lift and it is indeed Harold Sanderson behind you. The later scenes of the mad panic of the crowd running from the station are so frenzied, it's difficult to make out most folk.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    dissolute, I think Fred Stone is the chap with the white hair.
    How right you are, as usual, Gerald - Fred was born in 1908 according to the BFI and my exceedingly ropey copy of "The Shadow of the Cat" does (barely) show a white-haired ambulance man.