Page 272 of 293 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Flame in the Streets (1961) covers racial prejudice in early sixties. Union official and factory joiner Jacko Palmer (John Mills) has planned a union meeting to verify temporary foreman Gomez's (Earl Cameron) promotion to permanant foreman, there is some resistance from racist colleagues. The factory gate guard is Richard Beale, workers include George Hilsdon, Dickey Luck, Philip Ray and George Spence. Jacko's daughter Kathie (Sylvia Sims) is a teacher, she is dating fellow teacher Peter Lincoln (Johnny Sekka) , they go swimming together, a lifeguard is Arnold Schulkes. Jacko's neighbour is Neil Wilson boarding his moped. At the union meeting, 'brothers' include Arthur Goodman, Jack Sharp. Len LLewellyn, Herbert Nelson, Del Watson, Pat Judge, Jack Dearlove, Bart Allison, Graham Stewart, Alan Gibbs, Lou Morgan and the 'thick glasses' guy, i probably could have seen more here if it wasn't a cropped copy. Later at a fireworks display there is bit of riot between the 'blacks' and the 'whites', attendees include Joe Phelps, Robert Cawdron, Stan Simmons, Hilda Green and Ken McGregor, the arriving police car is driven by Dan Cressy and among the passengers are P.C. Arthur Howell.
    Last edited by philly; 24-07-16 at 03:42 PM.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    I don't think Terry Rendle and Billy John are the same person
    Their IMDb filmographies credit Terry Rend-le as appearing in Villains - Move In, Move On
    (1972, left) & Billy John the Doctor on the Go episode A Turn for the Nurse (1977, right):

That's all we get to see of Terry in Villains. There is enough of a resemblance to the hairline
    in Public Eye but not the nose - which is similar to the one in the Doctor on the Go image.

I looked through Terry Rendle's Enemy at the Door episode War Game on YouTube and recognised many of the extras listed, including Cy Town, David Rolfe, Ron Gregory, Mike Reynell, Donald Groves, Jay McGrath and even Peter Whitaker (from The Trouble with Jenny). No luck with Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by dissolute View Post
    By the way, I have a complete 1953 Actors & Actresses, a 1968 Actors A-Z and a 1972 Actors L-Z so if you have any names for me to check I'll see if they're in there.
    I would be more than grateful if you can find/upload the entries for Diana Chapman and Naomi Sandford. My guess is that they were both in their 50s or 60s in 1972, one having long dark hair (probably a wig). With Ursula Granville identified yesterday, these two are the only mystery extras left in the bridge playing scene in Callan - None of Your Business.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Sorry, Cornershop, I don't have Diana or Naomi in the 1953. The other years I just have the men (and only half of them for '72, although I note many of the pictures are the same as the '68 - in fact some date back as far as 1960 according to the captions. Cy Town, I think, is there, so too Philip Stewart and a few others. Every, feel free to give me a list of people to prioritise and I'll see if I have them.

Liked
    177 times
    That's very kind of you, dissolute. I have identified most of the male extras in Callan and (up to 1973) Public Eye, but there are a few who continue to elude me, or I'm uncertain about: Ron Tingley, George Howse, John Tucker, Alan Lenaire, Crawford Lyall, Graham Witherick ... One of them looks like the older Trotsky (as played by Richard Burton)! Then there are the three Bills - Lodge, Leonard and Gossling - but I fear this is too much to ask of you.

Too bad about the requested ladies. Diana's appearances in Upstairs, Downstairs haven't made it to Movie Dude's pages for the episodes concerned, which suggests she's difficult to see. My best hope would be her Prison Officer role in Within These Walls - when I get round to buying Series 4.

Re: The Scales of Justice - A Woman's Privilege (post #1801)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Clinton Greyn possibly as "darling"?
    Gerald! It's Michael Johnson - Dr. Davis in The Human Jungle:

I also recognised his glamorous wife as Sally Douglas.

Liked
    2 times
    cornershop Graham Witherick is maybe Jeff/Geoffrey Witherick i have 18 credits for him but no trace anywhere for Graham. Do you have a cap for Sid/Sydney Dobson? who was in Public Eye - Works with Chess, Not With Life, he is one of my candidates for Unknown Male 15.

Liked
    177 times
    Geoffrey Witherick, yes. An understandable mistake with Graham being a favourite name (Nash) and sur-name (Eve and Mike).

Sydney Dobson, at your service:

A pity I had to crop his chef's hat -
    even taller than the Cat in the Hat's.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 25-07-16 at 06:41 PM.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

I also recognised his glamorous wife as Sally Douglas.[/CENTER]
    Excellent, cornershop, much obliged!

Liked
    2 times
    Thanks cornershop UM15 is not Sydney Dobson then, I thought he was a good candidate, it could be Geoffrey Witherick who has made quite a few Dr Who appearances or James Ure.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Geoffrey Witherick has Dr. Who credits like "UNIT soldier","Sea Devil" and several types of "guard," which implies it's a younger man, perhaps a stuntman. The only Geoffrey Witherick I could find that would be likely is 1927-2002, born Swansea. James Ure has one IMDb credit for Famous Gossips in 1965, as "A Fat Gentleman," which would tend to imply he is disqualified, too. Just putting that out there.

Liked
    182 times
    One of Geoffrey Witherick's WHO guard roles is in "Planet of the Spiders":

I think he's one of the two behind Jon Pertwee here, possibly the one on the right.

From 1974, so even alien guards wear flares . . .

Liked
    177 times
    Geoffrey must be on the right here as well, with fellow 'Businessman' Roger Salter in
    the Public Eye episode No Orchids for Marker - also from 1974 (broadcast 1975):

They appear at around 3.35 in the YouTube video:

Public Eye S07E08 No Orchids for Marker

He's supposed to be in three other episodes but I've never managed to identify him.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 26-07-16 at 11:39 AM.

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    That's very kind of you, dissolute. I have identified most of the male extras in Callan and (up to 1973) Public Eye, but there are a few who continue to elude me, or I'm uncertain about: Ron Tingley, George Howse, John Tucker, Alan Lenaire, Crawford Lyall, Graham Witherick ... One of them looks like the older Trotsky (as played by Richard Burton)! Then there are the three Bills - Lodge, Leonard and Gossling - but I fear this is too much to ask of you.

Too bad about the requested ladies. Diana's appearances in Upstairs, Downstairs haven't made it to Movie Dude's pages for the episodes concerned, which suggests she's difficult to see. My best hope would be her Prison Officer role in Within These Walls - when I get round to buying Series 4.

Re: The Scales of Justice - A Woman's Privilege (post #1801)

I also recognised his glamorous wife as Sally Douglas.
    The only one of any of those I have is William Gossling ('68, photo dated '65). Pictures at 11...
    BUT, it helps me confirm that is Michael Johnson, as he's in one.

Liked
    10 times
    William Gossling, 1965

Liked
    182 times
    A Charlie Gray lookalike!

Liked
    177 times
    Thanks for trying, dissolute. We'll have to continue figuring out who they are from rare credits. Good news about Bill Gossling though ...

The Spotlight picture proves this is him in the Public Eye episode The Man Who Said Sorry (1972):

Full image at 'Extras in Public Eye' shortly.

Liked
    10 times
    I recall Aitch saying a listing in Spotlight was quite expensive so many extras didn't bother - or only did so now and then.

Liked
    10 times
    I'd love a mugshot of Heron Carvic but it seems, as he was mostly a voice-over artist, that I'm out of luck.

Liked
    0 times
    Haven't done this in a while, so hopefully no one has been Across the Bridge (1957) yet.

Uncredited Stratford Johns and a brace of detectives (including Jack Carter) arrive at Rod Steiger's London office to arrest him for grievous overacting.

Scotland Yard's arrival prompts Ernest Blyth to look up from his crossword.

The concerned male secretary behind Betty Cooper is Fred Stroud, who gets one whispered line.

Later in "Flowerville, USA" Alf Mangan is mostly obscured by Jack Lester's hat as he eats breakfast.

Across the border in Mexico (actually Spain), the two policia guarding el jefe Noel Willman's office are, I think, Bob Vossler and Alf Mangan again.

Liked
    0 times
    One more I forgot:

Mabel Etherington makes a quick walk-by at the "new York" train station.

Liked
    177 times
    Good work, Dave. Mabel's friend Muriel Greenslade can be seen at the beginning of the trailer for There's a Girl in My Soup.

Re: Bill Gossling

Bill is on the right in this image from Episode 3 of Doctor Who serial The D�mons (1971),
    with the credited John Owens (centre), Laurence Archer and a sadly-obscured Ernest Blyth:

Thanks again to dissolute.