Page 273 of 293 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dissolute View Post
    I'd love a mugshot of Heron Carvic but it seems, as he was mostly a voice-over artist, that I'm out of luck.
    I believe this could be Heron Carvic, dissolute:

I think I have another picture of him in one of my old scrapbooks, and will try and unearth it (if I can find it)!

Liked
    182 times
    Well, in Late Extra (1935), they are certainly now late if not then extras:

Ada Reeve, I think, as Mrs. Gamble for Virginia Cherrill and in his first film, James Mason

And cleaning lady Vi Kaley for restaurant proprietor with a tonsure Andreas Malandrinos, who's harbouring murderer Clifford McLaglan.

Bill Shine appears as the uncredited reporter Fred, though Alastair Sim calls him "Bill" at one point. Ralph Truman is on the IMDb list for "Minor Role", but I couldn't see him.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Tarnished Heroes (1961) is a Danzigers war film, it may have been an inspiration for 'The Dirty Dozen' as the plotline has several soldiers awaiting Court Martial being drafted in for an impossible mission. Unfortunately extra spotting is very difficult, the opening scene has a lot of 'background' British soldiers but they are all obscured by very bold white opening titles, also the Germans are difficult to see under their helmets, so just Colin McKenzie as a British soldier in the closing scene here.

I have no names to add to Out of the Shadow (1961) this has been well covered by Gerald, as yet unnamed Frank Faylen lookalike is a desk policeman, one of my Unknown Male candidates is a student, hopefully more of him at Movie Dude's thread at a later date, i have previously only seen him in army uniform.
    I have now noted about fifty recurring extras in 1960/61 films, about twenty plus are Unknown Male/Female canditates with more than one cap at the MD site, about another ten i am on the lookout for more than one cap, and some like the man with beard and turban i have seen a dozen or more times but i can find no caps.
    Last edited by philly; 30-07-16 at 03:55 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    Nothing Barred (1961) has been well covered by Gerald a while back so just a few updates here. First i will list the credited actors who are not listed at IMDb, some attributions are incorrect in the original titles i have noted them to.
    Larry Noble - Watchman
    Ted Bushell - Watchman (he is an escaped convict)
    Paddy Hayes - Watchman (he is an escaped convict)
    Johnny Rossi - Watchman (he is an escaped convict)
    Raymond Dyer - Cockney Dad
    Jennifer Phipps - Cockney Mum
    Oliver Freeman - Cockney Boy
    Richard Klee - 1st American (soldier)
    Reginald Hearne - 2nd American (soldier)
    Charles Cameron - Mallow
    Gilbert Harrison - clerk
    Loraine Clewes - Doris
    Tony Hilton - 1st Waterboard Man
    Henry Longhurst - 2nd Waterboard Man
    Janni Coomer - 3rd Waterboard Man
    Hubert Cross - 1st Man in Accident
    Aiden Turner - 2nd Man in Accident
    Toby Perkins - Man in Crowd
    Margaret Lacey - 2nd Old Lady
    Geoffrey Dennys - 1st Bishop
    Frederick Kelsey - 2nd Bishop (as Fred Kelsey)
    Wallace Bosco - 3rd Bishop (as Wally Boscoe)
    John H Watson - Inspector (John Watson)
    Dan Cressy - 1st Policeman ( as Dan Cressey)
    Jack Taylor - 2nd Policeman
    Sheila Mercier - Milkman's Girlfriend
    Helen Jessop - Girl in Visiting Room
    also
    Duke of Bedford - Convict (listed as Ian Bedford in the credits and John Russell at IMDb)

Others include
    Lindsay Hooper - Policeman in Court
    Arthur Dibbs - Magistrate
    Chris Adcock - Warder
    Rex Garner, Jimmy Charters, Ray Schock, T'Old Codger and Dave's Hammer pub regular, this is my first 60's sighting for him i thought he had retired in the 50's - Prisoners
    Ann Beach - Girlfriend who falls down a manhole
    Hilda Green, Barry Johns, Joseph Tregonino, Chris Adcock - People listening to Bernard Cribbins public speaking
    Bill Reed - Bernards Assistant
    Ernest Blythe, Bob E Raymond - Wedding Guests
    Last edited by philly; 30-07-16 at 04:49 PM.

Liked
    2 times
    Three on a Spree (1960) is another version of 'Brewsters Millions', Mike Brewster (Jack Watling) has inherited a million quid, he has spend it all with no assets left within 30 days to increase his inheritance to �8 million, a condition is he isn't to tell anyone, leading his fiance and friends to think that he is a crazy spendthrift.
    At the start Mike is struggling to get to work on time on a busy train, other passengers include John Smart, Pearl Walters, Joe Enrika, the Don Ameche lookalike and possibly Alf Casha, when he arrives at work one of his colleagues is Peter Evans.
    After he receives his dosh, he sets up a busy office with lots of people trying to get him to invest including Jim Tyson (2nd Inventor), John Lynn and Paul Beradi. A pub visit sees George Spence, Ted Carroll, Anthony Lang and also Walter Henry as an undercover policeman, when the pub is raided Walter is followed by P.C.'s Ernest Fennemore and Colin McKenzie. A club visit sees Martin Lyder as a croupier and Louis Matto and Andrew Andreas as waiters. A visit to the theatre has audience members Fred Davis, Tony Mendleson, Pat Halpin, Johnny Wyne, Philip Stewart, Jack Mandeville, Steve Donahue, Paddy Smith, Bill Baskiville, the Richard Gregory lookalike, Peter Evans brother and Dave's no 1 extra, a stagehand is Lance Percival. In court we see Barristers Arthur Goodman, George Holdcroft, Peter Bennett, Wallace Bosco and the Colin Gordon Glasses guy, jurors Pat Halpin, John More, George Curtis and Denis Holmes as the foreman, Pat Hagan is watching the proceedings.
    Last edited by philly; 30-07-16 at 04:48 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Having to put up with The Horror of It All (1964):

John Wilder in familiar garb, even getting to say "come along, you" in all the horrific presence of Erica Rogers, Oswald Laurence, Pat Boone and Dennis Price.

Liked
    182 times
    Malcolm Keen's butler Barney is certainly one out of the Parker mould:

Harry Terry can do the rough stuff as well as serve the sherry in Mr. Reeder in Room 13 (1938).
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 31-07-16 at 10:29 AM.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I believe this could be Heron Carvic, dissolute:

I think I have another picture of him in one of my old scrapbooks, and will try and unearth it (if I can find it)!
    Thank you, Gerald!

Liked
    182 times
    When there's an Account Rendered in 1957, there to oversee payment:

Police driver Joe Wadham, who hands over the continuity notes to Robert Raikes, who realises he should not be holding a hat in this scene

When Det. Inspector Ewen Solon arrives at Griffith Jones' house, prepared to be upstaged, he's not prepared to encounter Jeff Silk as a reporter instead of one of his troops

Making a dramatic exit, Ewen thankfully opens his door just wide enough to let us see that Eddie Boyce is sitting outside in the cop shop

Also in the cop shop is this additional detective assisting Ewen. Can anyone remember who he is?

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Watched The Great Muppet Caper with the kids the other night and noticed Reg Thomason get a couple of lines in the restaurant scenes - nice deep voice, Reg!

Liked
    182 times
    Looking through A Window in London (1939):

We see Norman Pierce as Basil, an anxious stage manager

Paul Lukas as Zoltini, a distraught stage magician who has to be aided by young Cyril Kent

Cameron Hall as a dutiful hotel doorman and Ian Selby as a guest who only has eyes for Patricia Roc

And a wild party of Hartley Power's which is not exactly exciting Tony Mendleson.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Re: 'Guilt is my Shadow' (1950)

Watched last night. Good film

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Down the local, Desmond Llewelyn takes a break from designing gadgets and has a good gossip
    I recognised Des, of course - and possibly a young Conrad Phillips as his drinking partner?:

Liked
    182 times
    Not Conrad, I think, cornershop, but another familiar face though the name attached to it eludes me.

Liked
    182 times
    Scott Palmer has kindly sent me another picture of Heron Carvic. Not sure if it's the same man: lots of hair, though the nose looks consistent!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Only Two Can Play. UE No 33 is Eve Eden and I'm pretty sure No 32 is Marie Devereux (she is credited at IMDB "playing tennis).I think they both are.

On the Beat. I am going to have to see this film again (luckily it's on YouTube) because I've sighted Laura Thurlow at UE 7 (probable), Eve Eden at 53 I(maybe) and another well known Harrison Marks glamour model at 57 whose name escapes me but she was a major (pinup) model.

Liked
    0 times
    Not sure about Eve Eden or Marie Devereux but certainly looks like Laura Thurlow. Wrong thread Cully.

Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Dude View Post
    Not sure about Eve Eden or Marie Devereux but certainly looks like Laura Thurlow. Wrong thread Cully.
    Sorry, I've done it again.

Liked
    182 times
    Penetrating the House of Secrets (1956), we uncover:

David Kossoff flashing his credentials to Len Llewellyn just finishing the crossword at the desk and his colleague

Michael Craig getting examined by David Lander as well as the slitty-eye look from Marseilles detective Johnny Wyne

It's certainly smelting in here realises George Curtis

The shoe is on someone else's foot as far as Emil Stemmler is concerned

Both shoes on the feet of Anton Diffring's butler Rex Garner as he steps out to deal with the double-glazing salesman at the door

A front row seat at the follies for Frederick Kelsey so his failing eyesight can appreciate the charms of songstress Julia Arnall

But backstage, Jack Armstrong seems more intent on his script than the charms of the showgirls

One of the villains becomes a basketcase for Martin Lyder (possibly) and Barry Johns (certainly)

And French barman (!) Ernie Rice keeps a close eye on the continuity girl by the camera.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dissolute View Post
    Watched The Great Muppet Caper with the kids the other night and noticed Reg Thomason get a couple of lines in the restaurant scenes - nice deep voice, Reg!
    I watched it today and in that little scene with three lines old Reg proved he could act. Funny little performance.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    I watched it today and in that little scene with three lines old Reg proved he could act. Funny little performance.
    Curiously after dissolute's post, I watched the scene again last night despite hating the Muppets.
    Reg was good, but I doubt it was his own voice. But I've added his appearance to Imdb