Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Looks as though you hated every minute of it, Aitch . . .

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='10 June 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1276164606' post='438012']

cully, I've checked the Liz Fraser/Leslie Phillips DVD commentary on this scene and Liz does not seem to recollect any of the girls apart from Joan Sims.

Thanks, Gerald, that saves me asking her!

Liked
    182 times
    I, not so in clover with Doctor in Clover (1966), as most of the uncredited parts are shown on the IMDb, but here are at least a couple that aren't:-

Good old Reg Thomason as a porter having to wheel away distraught ballerina Fenella Fielding (lucky chap) with John Fraser and Suzan Farmer looking on before they have a snog!

Dear Amy Dalby as Mrs. Baker having a chat to the great Sir Lancelot Spratt about his tweety-pie

I wasn't about to spot whitstablejim unfortunately.

Liked
    182 times
    Doctor in Trouble is in trouble for having so many known faces not in the credits:

First of all, here's Geoffrey Davies, who was then just starting his marathon on the television DOCTOR series:

Then, at the captain's table, along with Robert Morley and Marianne Stone is George Belbin enjoying a drink, with Norman Chappell as the Chief Steward. I thought for a time that the other lady on Marianne's right was Elisabeth Croft (Miss Tatum of CROSSROADS), but closer examination indicates it's likely not her:

And playing Fred Emney's wife is Joan Benham, looking understandably aghast at Leslie Phillips in his underwear (which I have thankfully edited out!). Joan also appeared in the DOCTOR television series as Lady Loftus:

More to follow in due course, with rather more obscure faces, but including a couple of "old favourites".

Liked
    182 times
    More from on board Robert Morley's Golden Horn (James Robertson Justice was originally cast as the Captain, but was too ill to do anything but a cameo at the beginning of Doctor in Trouble):

Ballast on board? Jessie Robins has words with Harry Secombe.

Yet more ballast, but onshore. Jim Tyson on the right . . . as Jacki Piper's dad??

Not looking happy in the blue is Cy Town (soon to be hidden as a regular Dalek operator in DOCTOR WHO). Graham Stark looks eligible to be part of the "Blackface" thread.

Stepps this way? Maxwell Craig and Peter Ravella aboard Joan Sims' Russian trawler. Not sure who the cossack in the bunk is, though.

Liked
    182 times
    Finally, a couple of welcomes sights:

Look at those two beauties! No, I'm meaning Irene Handl and Janet Mahoney. But on the left, just before heading for the bar, is Victor Harrington. No wonder his eyes are goggling.

Don't throw up, it's just Reg Thomason in shades, with Simon Dee and Graham Chapman checking out the Pinewood tank. The luscious ladies are Sylvana Henriques and Yutte Stensgaard.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Great work, Gerald. This is better than spotting trains, in my opinion. That "cossack" could be one of many Extras we've seen. Wild guess - could he be the bomb disposal man who holds a clock's cuckoo in front of No. 2 Patrick Cargill in The Prisoner? I have a capture somewhere and will either post it here (to compare) or at 'Who Are These People???'.

A few words about some of your subjects ...

Norman Chappell is another of our uncredited actors from The Day the Earth Caught Fire, of course. Bette Davis somehow managed to look like him at times when she played The Nanny. I noticed Jessie Robbins as one of the factory workers in the film Up the Junction a few weeks ago. She is well-remembered by Beatles fans as Ringo's Aunt in Magical Mystery Tour but you might also have seen her as Oliver Reed's unlikely partner-in-crime in The Saint (one for 'Actors We Didn't Expect to See Together') and the bus passenger who sits on Michael Caine in The Black Windmill.

How is Graham Stark these days? I haven't seen him for many years. Yutte Stensgaard was great in Special Branch and The Persuaders. Sad that she disappeared from our screens soon afterwards.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    name='Gerald Lovell' date='21 June 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1277150545' post='442576']

More from on board Robert Morley's Golden Horn (James Robertson Justice was originally cast as the Captain, but was too ill to do anything but a cameo at the beginning of Doctor in Trouble):

Ballast on board? Jessie Robins has words with Harry Secombe.

Yet more ballast, but onshore. Jim Tyson on the right . . . as Jacki Piper's dad??

Not looking happy in the blue is Cy Town (soon to be hidden as a regular Dalek operator in DOCTOR WHO). Graham Stark looks eligible to be part of the "Blackface" thread.

Stepps this way? Maxwell Craig and Peter Ravella aboard Joan Sims' Russian trawler. Not sure who the cossack in the bunk is, though.
    The big guy at the back is Maurice (Morry) Bush...Jim would know him..

Aitch,

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks Aitch. I know of Maurice Bush, though didn't know what he looked like. It'll be interesting to see if he is indeed the guy in THE PRISONER. Is Maurice still around?

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Long gone....RIP...

Liked
    182 times
    Recently erstwhile dustbin inhabitant Cy Town was spotted as a passenger in Doctor in Trouble. Now here's his senior Dalek colleague, John Scott Martin dealing with passengers as a Great Western Station ticket collector in THE RIVALS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES episode "The Secret of the Magnifique":

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    [quote]name='Gerald Lovell' date='21 June 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1277888' post='442420']

Doctor in Trouble is in trouble for having so many known faces not in the credits:

I thought for a time that the other lady on Marianne's right was Elisabeth Croft (Miss Tatum of CROSSROADS), but closer examination indicates it's likely not her:

I'm fairly sure that she is Totti Truman Taylor, here's a front view

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8...ylordoctor.jpg

I'd like to know who the lady on the far left is though, here's another view

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2462/image1lqe.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Well done, MovieDude, I think you could well be right! Here's another one of Totti:

I know her best from playing a grotesque duchess in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

I'm afraid I don't know who the other lady is . . . yet! Maybe Aitch or Jim might know.

Liked
    182 times
    A good man to spot

From THE RIVALS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES episode "The Secret of the Foxhunter", right in the middle there, in usual ebullient form, is Walter Goodman, playing the uncredited but rather wonderfully named Sir Dudley Withers.

In the foreground with back to us is Lisa Harrow, with Peter Arne as (no suprise) the villain of the piece.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    name='harryfielder' date='22 June 2010 - 06:26 AM' timestamp='1277184392' post='442673']

The big guy at the back is Maurice (Morry) Bush...Jim would know him..

Aitch,
    Yes Aitch, I did know, and got on well with him, use to live in Harrow. God Bless you Maurice.

Liked
    182 times
    Would you Adam and Eve it?

Down the Adam and Eve pub in SERGEANT CORK "File No. 2457 The Case of the Two Drowned Men" is an uncredited Ben Howard, who provides very untuneful drunken singing in several scenes:

This seems to be the earliest sighting of Ben so far.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't have screencaps to prove it, but I have just watched The Long Haul (1957) which was screened on TV here a few weeks ago, and Edward Judd makes an appearance as one of the truck hijackers. In the scene where Liam Redmond's character meets a fiery end, he and Victor Mature watch the burning truck and Judd has a line or two. I did not see his name in the credits and he isn't listed on the credits on the IMDb, but it was definitely Judd.

Liked
    182 times
    name='philips' date='07 July 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1278490530' post='448749']

I don't have screencaps to prove it, but I have just watched The Long Haul (1957) which was screened on TV here a few weeks ago, and Edward Judd makes an appearance as one of the truck hijackers. In the scene where Liam Redmond's character meets a fiery end, he and Victor Mature watch the burning truck and Judd has a line or two. I did not see his name in the credits and he isn't listed on the credits on the IMDb, but it was definitely Judd.

I think Edward Judd also popped up uncredited in a couple of episodes of WILLIAM TELL, which would have been made at around the same time.

Senior Member Country: UK Geoffers's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='RogerThornhill' date='10 June 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1276132909' post='437920']

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread, my apologies in advance if it doesn't.

This is from The Painted Smile (1962) The singer is Craig Douglas but standing on the left is Jet Harris the ex bass guitarist of The Shadows.

Are you absolutely certain that's Jet Harris? I can see some similarities from this side-on view, but it doesn't look that much like him to me. I would also question why he would make an uncredited appearance in this B movie, especially when you consider he was quite likely still a member of The Shadows when it was filmed.

Liked
    182 times
    I hope I'm not making a blunder with this woman, but I think here we have a youthful (1963) Bella Emberg as a music hall patron in the SERGEANT CORK episode "File No. 1290 The Case of the Stagedoor Johnnie":

Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast