Thanks for that, emps.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    You're welcome!

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Apart from the fuller use of real locations, in my view Ralph Thomas's version of The 39 Steps isn't a patch on the Hitchcock film, but another compensation is its use of uncredited actors, many of whom are shown on the IMDb, but here's a few more:

As usual in uniform is P.C. Victor Brooks

A nice little collection of extras as Kenneth More heads for his seat in the Palace Theatre:

George Spence, George Howell, Victor Harrington and Reg Thomason

Also in the audience, on the left behind Kenneth More and wearing glasses is Martin Lyder.
    Martin's seating position in this scene changes a few times: shame on you, continuity lady Joan Davis!

Finally, IMDb lists John Richardson in an uncredited unattributed role,
    and here he is as one of Professor Logan's house guests:

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Catching up on some 1950's Britmovie's , i have spotted some of the favourites from this thread . In the 1952 "The Last Page" in the nightclub scene Eleanor Summerfield approaches Peter Reynolds with a rather dapper looking Jim Brady on her arm, he can be seen later in film on the dancefloor. Mr Brady can also be seen playing darts in the pub in the 1956 film "Eyewitness". Is Jim O'Brady credited in the 1950 film "Treasure Island" the same actor?
    The 1953 film "Grand National Night" has a good scene for Victor Harrington appearing in the first shot of Aintree in an unheard conversation with credited Colin Gordon , George Hilsden also appears (i think) briefly as a constable. Victor also appears in 1959 "Expresso Bongo"as a photographer. Also in 1959 "The Rough And The Smooth" starring Tony Britton , an early appearance of a young Oliver Reed in the engagement party scene.

Liked
    182 times
    "Food for Thought" from THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD caters for:

Norman Rossington as a villager after crumbs along with Dervis Ward

Then the upper crust: Victor Harrington at the top of the table plus Phillip Stewart as the other gentleman guest facing front.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Also in the audience, on the left behind Kenneth More and wearing glasses is Martin Lyder.
    Martin's seating position in this scene changes a few times: shame on you, continuity lady Joan Davis!
    And not forgetting a very comely looking Faith Brook next to KM!

Liked
    182 times
    Getting stuck into a "Highland Fling" is one of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and stuck into the cast, but not the cast list:

Peter Brace as the Scottish outlaw with the moustache. Peter appears later on as another ? outlaw in a stunt film sequence minus the upper lip appendage. The lady is Hilary Paterson

It seems quite a few of the cast are genuinely from Scotland, but the king's aide on the right is certainly out of his locality, especially for the 12th century or whatever as it is Australian Ed Devereaux.

Ironically, another genuine Scot in this episode, although he plays an Englishman, is Archie Duncan (Little John), who is uncredited for some reason.

Liked
    182 times
    Off to Ireland for THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD next and "The Mystery of Ireland's Eye" and again a good few Irish actors seem to have been employed, plus:

Appropriately enough given his name, it looks like the disciple on our left of High Priest Eddie Byrne is Paddy Ryan. A stunt scene follows immediately after this and Paddy heads over a table courtesy of Robin Hood.

Liked
    182 times
    I think we should re-name THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD The Adventures of Max Faulkner:

In "The Infidel", he plays the Village Constable, while Nigel Davenport does his best to convince him that Francis Matthews is up to no good

In "The Frightened Tailor", Max is the soldier in the middle enjoying a joke from, once again, Nigel Davenport playing Joseph on the left. Nigel is credited in this episode for playing a sentry, but that is another role for which he appears to be wearing Max's moustache

In "The Path of True Love", Max is the clerk of the Sheriff's court, with the Sheriff himself holding court. Max is credited in this one as Old Martin, a heavily made-up tenant who is roughed-up by Lionel Jeffries' men.

And just to vary things a bit:

Here is Ronald Hines playing a guard in "The Infidel". Ronald has many roles in the latter part of the second series and in this episode he is credited only for the other role he has as a villager called Edgar.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Belated Merry Christmas, Gerald It's a long time since we've seen Frank Sieman here (last December,
    in fact, in posts #160 and #175). He had a supporting role in the colourful short The Home-Made Car (1963):

I loved watching this a few weeks ago. It was a BP (British Petroleum) Trade Test film and directed by James Hill,
    not long before he made A Study in Terror. With the still-uncredited Frank is obscure leading man Ronald Chudley:

This is the most wonderful film, and a new 'rival' as favourite short to The Spare Tyres. It's a Special Feature on
    the BFI Flipside DVD for Lunch Hour (by the same director) but you can also watch it, in two parts, on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwAkR...?v=iwAkR1eH7_U

Very Best Wishes for the New Year, Gerald, and to our likeminded members Aitch, dissolute, Hummies, Movie Dude and whitstablejim.

Cornershop

Liked
    182 times
    Many thanks to cornershop and best wishes to you, my good friend, for 2012.

Inspired by Stonefan in the Victor Harrington thread to have a dip into the first senate scene in Carry On Cleo, wherein a very Roman-nosed Victor can be sighted, also among the senators:

As Kenneth Williams orates and Brian Oulton prompts, we can see Jack Arrow (on the left!!) with goatee, with Gerry Judge beside him and Gerry's brother Pat Judge further along between Brian and Ken. Phillip Stewart is also there in the top right hand corner. I think that might be John Tatum to our left of Brian's head.

Probably Aitch and jim can identify a few others from this screencap and the one on Victor's thread.

Liked
    8 times
    A very happy new year to Cornershop, and all my friends.

Liked
    8 times
    Hi Gerald, Jack Arrow, Gerry Gudge, and Pat Judge, are OK, not sure about the other two, wishing you a very happy new year.

Liked
    182 times
    And a guid new year to you, jim.

Knights of the Round Table (1953) is a colourful but silly effort from MGM, but at least it has within its uncredited cast:

John Horsley on the left as a villager who does know it's Christmas

A couple of villains: King Marr of the Picts played by Ralph Truman and, as another unemployed monarch, Henry Oscar

Stand-in Little John Rufus Cruikshank with head baddie Stanley Baker

Court chamberlain Keith Pyott

Then in the best tradition of Steve McQueen and The Great Escape, though 10 years before Steve did it:

Peter Brace in the centre as an English archer -

- who promptly shoots a blue Pict . . . played by Peter Brace.

Liked
    182 times
    The final episode of the second series of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD is called "Carlotta" and Robin gets his merry men, and his merry woman, together:

As well as Victor Woolf as Derwent, at the back is part-time outlaw Fred Haggerty. No stunt work for him in this episode though. Behind Victor is Ronald Hines, part of the rep company, but although Ronald is credited, he gets no lines at all.

Liked
    182 times
    I recall there was previously some discussion about the actors in the exchange scene set in an underground car park in The Ipcress File (1965). I'm not sure if the one on the left here was identified at that time:

Anyway, it is a nasty-looking Pat Judge. His colleague on the right is a frequent extra in the 60s - a Michael Nightingale lookalike - but I don't think he's been named yet

This later scene at a lecture features Victor Harrington in the audience - see Victor's own thread for a screencap of that - but the chap on his feet giving a clap on the left is George Spence.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Happy New Year to everyone on this brilliant site. Even though I only post now and again its a great little community on these forums, no bile or silly arguing. Smashing stuff.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    P.S I hope Pauline is identified in 2012.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonefan View Post
    P.S I hope Pauline is identified in 2012.
    Well said, Stonefan, but if even our distinguished group of extras actors (well stricken in years) haven't recognized her yet.....

Liked
    8 times
    Just like to wish a very happy new year to, Gerald Lovell, Conershop, Stonefan, Cully, and my old friend Harry Fielder, and everybody else on the site.