Page 38 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    This looks like Peter Brace, about to be strangled by David Oxley at 131 mins in Ill Met By Moonlight

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I'm certain that it is John Witty on dubbing duty, Dave.
    Thanks--will add him to the listing. Always glad to be able to recognize dubbing actors; they are all truly unsung.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Back to THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and every episode since my last post on this series has had George Hilsdon in one or more roles, sometimes getting lines, but never getting any credit. Gerry Judge and Ernie Rice pop up a few more times as well.

By the time we get to Little John's "Little Mother" (played by anything but little Renee Houston):

Well, yes, it's George Hilsdon again, but in a nice action pose

And, gulp, it's George again, this time playing Roland, one of Charles Houston's flunkeys

Back down in the woods today, it's Richard Greene again with Patricia Driscoll and the outlaw to the right is called Will and may be Jack Taylor

Then we have a tussle in the cabin when Little John is held down while his mum Renee protests to the Duke Charlie (surely real-life mum and son?) and the man-at-arms in the big moustache just behind Chas. is Jim Brady.

A totally unrecognisible Desmond Llewelyn turns up in this episode and gets a credit, albeit with his surname misspelt. Appropriately perhaps for the producers who played this foul trick on Des, his character is called 'Two Fingers'.

Liked
    182 times
    Hell Drivers is a brilliant, gritty film from 1957 and in the early minutes of it:

The unimpressed driver on the right is the voice of Goldfinger, Michael Collins. The man in the booth is forum favourite Ben Williams, playing Harry. Goldfinger's nemesis, Sean Connery, is among the exceptional cast of this film.

The "Oliver Reed" lookalike mentioned recently in another thread can be seen in the dance scenes, as can:

Pauline Chamberlain as George Murcell's "click". Pauline's twin Pamela is also to be seen in the dancing sequences. Pauline even gets a speech, well, a word: "No"

And look, cornershop, in the middle it's our old friend the original "lady in the hat", but crumbs, bare-headed!!
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 05-04-12 at 10:50 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    "Marian's Prize" is the penultimate episode of the third series of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and it's a much more lavish affair than usual, with Donald Pleasence back as Prince John, plenty of location filming, lots of extras in the fair sequences and a horse chase near the end. Oddly, though, there's no sign of George Hilsdon in it . However, to compensate for that, our prize is:

Marian gets to grips with an outlaw, who I think could be Jack Taylor

Once we get to the fair, with Prince Donald and Lord Jack Melford plotting in the box, Gerry Judge is unawares as a nobleman in the front row and I think it's Richard Greene's double Terry Yorke as the Lieutenant at the back

Friar Tuck gets down among the serfs and the unmistakable broken nose of Ted Carroll looms large on the left

The ladies look on admiringly while a disguised Robin unsheaths his weapon, but Martin Lyder on the right looks thoroughly bemused

Then back snug in the greenwood with the winsome Marian, Robin gets his golden reward from villager Arthur Skinner. But I thought Robin gave to the poor, not took from them . . .

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    That looks like Charlie Price behind Gerry Judge....

Liked
    182 times
    These extras are clearly Strictly Confidential, as they get no credit in the 1959 film of that name:

The man behind the bar is Larry Burns and the man with the bowler is William Kendall, but the man with the quiff is Martin Lyder

When there's a commotion over the salmon sandwiches, "Mrs. Lewis Alexander" (aka Pamele Bramah?) raises a plucked eyebrow as William Kendall and Richard Murdoch get tucked in and hotel manager Paul Bogden gets uptight

A wider shot of the same scene shows that, just to the right of Larry Burns, swarthy Andy Alston is getting in on the act

To allay our disappointment that he didn't appear in that last episode of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, here's George Hilsdon also getting in on the act in his police constable garb

And in his shareholder garb and with nose akimbo, it's Reg Thomason on the right bursting in on the scene with Norman Pitt as a shocked butler and William Hartnell as the imperious new managing director.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post

Then back snug in the greenwood with the winsome Marian, Robin gets his golden reward from villager Arthur Skinner. But I thought Robin gave to the poor, not took from them . . .
    Lincoln Green doesn't grow on trees you know...as you'l discover when you screencap this episode

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Happy Easter, Gerald

Yet another Sighting of Jack Arrow, from an episode of The Saint I watched this morning, The Queen's Ransom (1966):

With main guests George Pastell and Dawn Addams as King and Queen of the fictional Fedrya.

'Bicks' and 'Becks'

Do you know the man next to Jack? He looks a bit like trade union man Rodney Bickerstaffe! It might be worth your while having
    a look at this scene for other Extras, most of whom are unfamiliar to me. I recognised Neville Becker and maybe Roy Beck's wife.

And look, cornershop, in the middle it's our old friend the original "lady in the hat", but crumbs, bare-headed!!

Well done, Gerald! Sightings of the Lady with the Hat are all too rare, unfortunately.

Unlike the ubiquitous Jack Arrow

Liked
    182 times
    A nice sighting of Jack Arrow, cornershop. I've had another look at that scene and although I don't recognise the man next to Jack, Roy Beck and Martin Lyder are there, as is Hummies' favourite extra no. 3.

Liked
    182 times
    Given the 1947 vintage of The Master of Bankdam, I didn't really expect to see any of our regular extras, but here may be three of them from their tender youth:

No stunts, except listening to firebrand Kenneth Buckley, it seems to be Paddy Ryan

Again no stunts, except listening to conciliatory Patrick Holt, on the far right it seems to be Larry Taylor

Also in the strikers' crowd, this time appropriately on the far left, it seems to be Fred Wood.

Sorry for the tiny screencaps, but photobucket is not co-operating today.

Member Country: Finland
    Liked
    0 times
    Here are some pics from Ben-Hur

Pictures 1-3: Who are the suppliers? Is Edwin Richfield one of them? Most are probably locals from Italy
    bh1.JPG
    bh2.JPG
    bh3.JPG

Liked
    0 times
    It seems I did a mistake. The pictures became too small and for some reason I can't change it

Liked
    0 times
    here are some others. Hopefully you can click on them to make them bigger. Duncan Lamont and Hugh Griffith are visible and MAYBE John Horseley and Richard Coleman, but I have no idea where. On picture 3 Terence Longden is with a guy that could be Dervis Ward. Is it?
    bh4.JPG

bh5.JPG

bh6.JPG

Also: can anyone here help me regarding the legality in uploading screencaps? Everyone is doing it here so maybe it's' ok, but please let me know in case I'm wrong.

Liked
    182 times
    Christoffer, I'd say the chap with the red band around his hat could be Edwin Richfield. The one in the brown robe looks a bit like Robert Russell.

I don't see John Horsley there, but yes, Richard Coleman (picture 2, far right) and Dervis Ward certainly. Plus Duncan Lamont holding his waist in!
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 09-04-12 at 07:14 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    Chrisoffer, you might like this next magnum opus on A Challenge for Robin Hood (1967) because there are quite a few stuntmen involved.

Poor Sir John doesn't last long, the sight of Robin Hood's rug has done him in:

Guy Standeven's hair is a bit dodgy too in his role as the apothecary

He's got me, Bill Brandon not for long as one of the Sheriff's men down in the woods today

Some of the men, not looking particularly merry, and they include Eric Flynn, Reg Lye and Peter Diamond, who was also the film's fight arranger

More dodgy hair, including James Hayter as Friar Tuck, but not on stuntman Stan Simmonds on the right

Getting a tight grip on the script is one thing, but Leon Greene thinks he should do that to Sonny Caldinez too

Sheila Forrest from Liverpool won a competition to get a role in this film. You can see she's not entirely happy about the business she's obliged to do. Let's hope John Harvey hasn't been dipping into his Bristol Cream before taking aim

The de Courtenay Fair must've been a big call for extras at Black Park, as there's loads of them there. I believe our own Harry Fielder was there, but sorry, Aitch, I wasn't able to spot you. However:

Fred Wood gives Friar Tuck and a guard a dirty look. Fred can be seen in quite a few sequences, in fact at one point he appears to be in two places at once

Alf Mangan in the brown cloak as John Graham and Barrie Ingham conspire. Alf can be seen later on in the film as one of Robin's men

As Robin renews an acquaintance with a cuddy, Jim Brady can just be seen in the right background

It's nice to see that stalward of the third series of THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD, George Hilsdon, stepping back into the greenwood for another time. He's on the far left

The herald at the Fair is played by Michael Beint. Robin has donned a most convincing disguise.

Liked
    182 times
    A challenge to get these all in from A Challenge for Robin Hood. In the best traditions of English country fairs, this one ends with a hanging, but the hangman doesn't expect a custard pie in the face as his reward:

The ginger locks under the cowl betray this as being another role for Peter Diamond

Robin steals from the rich and gives to the poor, and the poor here is Ranulf, played by Keith James, who doesn't look too happy about his lot, even with gold in his hand

No smoking on set! The second from the left, looking aghast (after all, it is spring 1967, er 1167), is Peter Brace

Here's that shot of Alf Mangan as a Merry Man. Except no-one looks that merry and James Hayter doesn't think it is exceedingly good

A lot of men die, but wrapping it up with a good laugh regardless in the front row are Douglas Mitchell, Eric Flynn and Leon Greene. I think the shortest stuntman at the back is Alan Chuntz. There are dozens of stuntmen in the final scenes, including glimpses of Arthur Howell swordfighting for both sides!

Liked
    182 times
    FALL OF EAGLES features the three ruling houses of Europe at the end of the nineteenth century and the fourth episode, "Requiem for a Crown Prince" (tx: 03.04.1974), focuses on the unhappy Hapsburgs:

Here, James Cossins arrives to give some tragic news to the Empress Elisabeth (played by Rachel Gurney) and the advisers with him are on the left, Hummies' favourite extra no. 3 - still unnamed - looking extremely pompous and Cy Town in the middle looking extremely quizzical. The gentleman in the right gets the biggest role, but no name, I'm afraid.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    The gent with the black moustache looks a bit like Gerald Flood as well.
    Last edited by Freddy; 11-04-12 at 12:53 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    He does, Freddy! That's Cy Town, around about the time he started a long stint being inside a Dalek!