Page 46 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Chatting up one of those nice, well-brought up ladies in the top right appears to be Walter Henry

Bottom right....Reg Prince...

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    I do remember him, but sorry, not his name, the chap on the left with Reg Prince is Frank Harper.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Thank you, gentlemen. Dave Wright will be particularly pleased, as he's been trying to ID Reg Prince for a while.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Reg Prince is the dark-haired fellow at bottom center; the white haired bloke with the Victor Harrington-esque look still remains unknown. Nonetheless, glad to add them to the listing on the Actor's Compendium. I know I've seen both before.

Don't know how I missed Jim Tyson in Cat Girl! And that definitely looks like Joe Wadham to me.

Liked
    182 times
    Shatter (1974) isn't even a Hong Kong patch on Torn Curtain (1966), but here is producer/director Michael Carreras doing a Hitchcock and having his beer served in the pre-title sequence Repulse Bay Hotel lobby scene:

The general heading to his doom is played by Yemi Ajibade.

Monte Hellman was the original director, but was replaced by Michael Carreras after about three weeks for reasons which differ depending to whom you listen.

Liked
    182 times
    Cornwall suffers The Plague of the Zombies in 1860, really 1965 on the Bray backlot, but among the sufferers:

Could the coffin-bearer at the front be a greyed-up Peter Perkins? In the coffin is Ben Aris, while outside the coffin is his brother played by Marcus Hammond

The redcoats are coming! The villager in the centre, far away he may be, but it is most certainly Fred Wood

The Gardeners Arms is the local and among the locals are Jim Brady on the left and Eric Kent on the right. Marcus Hammond and Brook Williams are the gloomy pair in the middle

More gloom in the cemetery for Andre Morell and a morose gravedigger played by Tommy Winward

Your worst nightmare features Brook Williams and a zombie! Could it be Peter Perkins again?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    The young guy into between Jim Brady and Eric Kent, looks a bit like a young Donald Gee.

Member Country: Finland
    Liked
    0 times
    The zombies were played by Peter Diamond, Del Watson, Reg Harding, Tim Condren and Keith Peacock. This is probably one of them. The coffin bearer CAN of course (of corpse) be Peter Perkins

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Keeping in the Zombie vein, isn't this Reg Thomason at Jacqueline Pearce's funeral, midway between Tommy Winward's gravedigger and Roy Royston's vicar?
    Clipboard65.jpg

Liked
    182 times
    Not Reg (who I was amused to read in Aitch's book was known as the Squire of Effingham due to his colourful language), but the nose is a definite lookalike!

Liked
    182 times
    Norman Wisdom has not been a favourite of mine since I was about 6, but an enforced viewing of a couple of his films at the time of his death suggested that they might be worth sitting through for sighting purposes, and so in Norman's first starring vehicle, Trouble in Store (1953):

This traffic policeman in Oxford Street (?) looks very much like James Copeland

"Hello, sailor" could be Roland Curram eyeing up Perlita Neilson

As Lana Morris encounters Norm, the tall chap between them could be Peter Williams. The grey-haired chap at the back I think is Ned Lynch (see later)

The assistant helping the lady in the hat (not "her", but see later too) I believe is Ann Firbank

Now an extra lounging on a deckchair wearing shades might be difficult for identification purposes, but I think this is our old chum Victor Harrington.

Liked
    182 times
    Still more trouble in store for Norman at the staff do as he sets about setting himself on fire:

The balding gentleman behind him, soon to be involved in fire dowsing activities, is stuntman Paddy Ryan. In fact, Paddy can be seen slightly earlier in the film when he's a passerby involved in a fist fight

The gang's not quite all here. As well as good old Cyril Chamberlain, Eddie Leslie, Ronan O'Casey and Derek Bond surrounding Norman, it looks like Donald Tandy at the back left

Dowager shoplifter Margaret Rutherford wonders if her train's come in, as does Andy Alston on her left

More of the gang here as Jim Brady gets pelleted by, well, pellets

As promised, on the left more Ned Lynch, here now one of the gang of Derek Bond registering his cash

And finally also as promised, although we don't know her name so she shouldn't be here, but it's a magnificent display beating all her previous millinery masterpieces:

The original lady in the hat and boy, it's a corker.

Liked
    182 times
    Although the twitches are starting, I managed to get through another Wisdom epic, so it's onto One Good Turn (1954), which isn't really one good comedy, but at least there's more than one good uncredited turn in it from:

Edward Dentith on the left as a dodgy surveyor

Guy Standeven coming out of the telephone booth though partially blocked by Norman. Although you can't see it in this screencap, Guy's doing an Ernie Rice, as he's got a pipe stuck in his gob. He can be seen again on location near the end of the film and that pipe's still stuck in there

Patrick Connor as an appalled policeman on Crawley Station. "Where's your trousers?"; it's one of the funnier scenes . . .

On the run, Norm encounters several Olympic hopefuls, including no. 2 (Harold Goodwin), no. 14 (Ian Wilson) and possibly George Spence as no. 81 (his age?) and Fred Haggerty as no. 41. No. 24 here is John Baker

Things then take a classical music turn and the theatre manager in the centre left is Derek Tansley

All the fun of the fairground boxing booth and as Stuart Sanders counts out the loser, the victor looking on isn't Harrington, but Jim Brady. Graham Stark is often listed as a boxer in this sequence, but I couldn't see him. Arthur Mullard is there, though, plus Percy Herbert is visible and gets a line; in fact, I think he also dubs the voice of a candy floss man a few scenes earlier.

A couple of unattributed roles from the IMDb on this film. Frazer Hines would have been about 10 and I think this might be him:

Kenneth Fortescue was somewhat older and this is certainly him on the right playing a friend of William Russell and Joan Rice:

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Speaking of Andy Alston, I've just discovered that American actor Louis Zorich is a deadringer for him - but happily seems to have been too busy in the States at the time to trouble our identification.

Here he is in 1977 in "The New Avengers"

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    I could have sworn the Bella Emberg look-a-like from the 'Trouble in store' pics had a brief scene in an episode of Steptoe & son I saw recently, it was the episode where Albert dresses as his late wife and goes to collect her pension from a Post office, 'Bella' is being served at the counter then you see her walk away, I don't think she was credited though.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O View Post
    I could have sworn the Bella Emberg look-a-like from the 'Trouble in store' pics had a brief scene in an episode of Steptoe & son I saw recently, it was the episode where Albert dresses as his late wife and goes to collect her pension from a Post office, 'Bella' is being served at the counter then you see her walk away, I don't think she was credited though.
    Interesting, Mark, I will check that scene out. I have the uncredited cast lists for the Steptoes, so we might be able to track this lady down at last.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks to Mark's sighting, The Lady in the Hat in STEPTOE & SON: "Live Now, P.A.Y.E. Later":

The uncredited ladies in the post office queue are Gertrude Kaye and Vi Ward. Vi Ward was in another STEPTOE episode "A Death in the Family":

Sadly, this is one of the episodes that only exists in poor black and white, but Vi is the hatted lady towards the right. The lady in the head scarf is another old favourite, Kathleen Heath.
    It's difficult to see clearly, but looking at the height and nose, I don't think the Vi in the second screencap is The Lady in the Hat, so it looks like the Lady may well be GERTRUDE KAYE.

I see that Gertrude plays an uncredited servant in The Mudlark, so I must look that out to seek confirmation . . .

Liked
    182 times
    . . . and here we have a couple of shots from The Mudlark (1951):

It seems to me that the servant in background right is our Gertie!

Liked
    182 times
    Wisdom cannot be disregarded and so with teeth gritted and toes curling, I managed to sit through another opus from our Norm, this time when he was Man of the Moment (1955), and joining him in that moment:

Marianne Stone as Florrie Burton a Foreign Office cleaner looks happy, but Felix Felton as a Foreign Office file-seeker certainly does not

Norm does his usual muck-ups while boarding a plane, much to the annoyance of Jerry Desmonde and Hugh Morton and also it seems, in the seat behind Jerry, Joan Ingram. She was prominent in the previous two Wisdom epics and so this brief, non-speaking and uncredited role for her is curious, unless she had scenes which were edited out

Once in a Geneva hotel, Norm performs the same muck-ups and Messrs. Garry Marsh, Cyril Chamberlain (hooray!) and Jerry Desmonde look on in despair and so does Andy Alston in the moustache and grey suit who has just tripped over a well-placed briefcase

It's about the only view you can get of him, but on the lower decks of a boat it's Victor Harrington padding along. A couple of years later, he's on board the Titanic, but with Wisdom on this boat, Victor is probably no safer

We next head off to an international conference and struggling to keep it in order (and failing) is chairman Gerik Schjelderup

Some bemused delegates, the Tawaki one being Inia Te Wiata, but in the Swedish group is George Hilsdon. I didn't realise he knew the language!

Leading the American delegation is Clark Kent, er, no, Ronan O'Casey.

Liked
    182 times
    A few more moments to be manned:

As we charge out of the conference hall, with Clark and Karl Stepanek in hot pursuit of Inia, Andy Alston is back at the bottom right, presumably doing his best to avoid briefcases

Eugene Deckers has several scenes as the hotel's day lift operator, but as it's now time for a white tie evening reception, it's Peter Elliott on duty for Jerry and his colleagues

When we get back to London, Sir Norman becomes Sir Norman and in the centre of the Downing Street crowd, in bowler, appears to be Guy Standeven

Muck-ups then in a television studio, with several familiar faces of the day putting in an appearance. This is a sequence from THE GROVE FAMILY. Although IMDb gives uncredited listing to many of the Grove cast, only three actually appear: Nancy Roberts, Edward Evans and here, a startled young Christopher Beeny . . . who is NOT included in the IMDb list!

Finally, it's off to Tawaki for Lana Morris, Jerry Desmonde and gormless Norman and the sailor at the front trying to do his best to ignore them appears to give another role to Guy Standeven.