Page 56 of 293 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 5843
    Super Moderator Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased):But What a Sweet Little Room (pic courtesy Hummies)

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    In THE FOUR JUST MEN episode "The Survivor" (the title role is played by Donald Pleasence), independent M.P. Jack Hawkins makes a plea to the House of Commons:

On the front right (not politically-speaking), the M.P. we see is Philip Stewart. The M.P. we don't see is hidden behind Jack at this point and turns out to be Hummies' favourite extra no. 3.
    Just above Jack's left shoulder is that extra you've spotted several times before, cornershop.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 23-10-12 at 07:26 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    A new job for Victor Harrington:

It may just be the side of his head, but there's no mistaking Vic as a schoolmaster in The Scamp (1957)

Two of his schoolmaster colleagues are Charles Lloyd Pack and Richard Attenborough, while I think the schoolboy in the goggles is George Howell

Later we move on to a typically smoky pub, with a rather young barman in the person of Colin "Smiley" Petersen, but the customers include David Evans, Marc Sheldon and on the left, a smiling Frank Maher.

Liked
    182 times
    "The Discovery" is the title of this courtroom episode of THE FOUR JUST MEN, but there are in fact a few discoveries to make:

On the jury, in fact, possibly the bulk of it, is Jim Tyson

Outside the courtroom, the public can't get in, courtesy of cop Max Faulkner. The grey-haired gentleman on the right I think is Ned Lynch

As District Attorney Lionel Murton examines witness Helena Hughes, the stenographer taking down every word (I bet!) is Guy Standeven

And when the reporters try to get the gaff from Max, the pushiest one in the hat is (possibly a dubbed) Reg Thomason.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    A new job for Victor Harrington:

It may just be the side of his head, but there's no mistaking Vic as a schoolmaster in The Scamp (1957)

Two of his schoolmaster colleagues are Charles Lloyd Pack and Richard Attenborough, while I think the schoolboy in the goggles is George Howell

Later we move on to a typically smoky pub, with a rather young barman in the person of Colin "Smiley" Petersen, but the customers include David Evans, Marc Sheldon and on the left, a smiling Frank Maher.
    I've just noted a later appearance for Victor. He's a Barrister 19 minutes in to the Paul Newman/John Huston spy thriller The Mackintosh Man (1973). Victor can be seen standing in front of judge Roland Culver as the latter passes sentence on jewel thief Paul Newman, Roland and Victor both look very stern.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Well done, Tigon Man. I last watched this film three years ago, not long before Victor became a recogniseable face. If only I could remember whether I noticed him at the time, and in my previous viewing(s) many years earlier. The defence lawyer with his back to camera is an apparently uncredited Leo Genn (just noticed that at IMDb*). He's addressing 'Inspector' Peter Vaughan, whose "phoney" evidence results in Paul Newman receiving a 20 year jail sentence (it wasn't even 20 minutes!):

"His answers to my questions were such that I arrested him on suspicion of this crime"

As mentioned, Roland Culver is the Judge. I'll post a better view of Victor at his thread in a moment but have chosen to post this capture in the hope that someone will know the other Extras. Is the man with the glasses Cy Town? The actor next to him looks a bit like Eric Dodson.

*That reminds me ... Harry Fielder is in The Mackintosh Man too, as a 'Convict in Prison'. I haven't found Aitch yet but think Reg Thomason might be in the scene where the jailbreak occurs. Watch this space.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    It looks like Cy and the man next to him is Richard, ???...(it'll come)...

Liked
    177 times
    Were you in the library scene, Aitch? And was Reg Thomason a fellow 'Convict'? I'm optimistic that's him on the right:

Paul Newman waits for his opportunity to escape while guards' attention is drawn towards a 'fight' between other prisoners.

Liked
    182 times
    That does look like Reg's nose, cornershop! The convict with the cigarette though is Eric Kent.

Liked
    177 times
    That was quick! I'll return to the prison scenes soon and hopefully find better shots. He didn't register on this occasion but Eric Kent will be easy to identify soon enough. This is due to Hummies providing his name in a gallery for The Champions episode The Fanatics.

Incidentally, I watched The Night They Raided Minsky's last night. Burlesque isn't my kind of humour/entertainment at all but Norman Wisdom and especially Jason Robards are very good in this and I was glad to see it again after many years (the DVD is good value at �3.34). I know you have your problems with Norman but spotting all those familiar faces so regularly would have helped make his films tolerable.

With Minsky's, which was filmed in New York, I had no idea who I was looking at half the time. The close-ups of cafe diners and audience members seemed to indicate that they were the American equivalent of our favourites. My first experience of not-recognising-someone-I'm-supposed-to was the film The Guide for the Married Man, starring Walter Matthau. I still can't place Wally Cox and Joey Bishop.

The Actors Compendium and IMDb's filmographies give me hope that I'll get to know some of those American Extras, like Mary Boylan. She was a Laughing Lady in the Audience in The Night They Raided Minsky's (soon forgotten) but does anyone remember her as the First Mental Patient in The Exorcist? Or Miss Reed in Annie Hall?
    Last edited by cornershop15; 25-10-12 at 01:15 PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Well done, Tigon Man. I last watched this film three years ago, not long before Victor became a recogniseable face. If only I could remember whether I noticed him at the time, and in my previous viewing(s) many years earlier. The defence lawyer with his back to camera is an apparently uncredited Leo Genn (just noticed that at IMDb*). He's addressing 'Inspector' Peter Vaughan, whose "phoney" evidence results in Paul Newman receiving a 20 year jail sentence (it wasn't even 20 minutes!):

"His answers to my questions were such that I arrested him on suspicion of this crime"

As mentioned, Roland Culver is the Judge. I'll post a better view of Victor at his thread in a moment but have chosen to post this capture in the hope that someone will know the other Extras. Is the man with the glasses Cy Town? The actor next to him looks a bit like Eric Dodson.

*That reminds me ... Harry Fielder is in The Mackintosh Man too, as a 'Convict in Prison'. I haven't found Aitch yet but think Reg Thomason might be in the scene where the jailbreak occurs. Watch this space.
    Nice screengrab Cornershop. Hopefully this will later be added to Imdb and Aveley's actors compendium site.
    Incidently also prominent in the the ruckus in the prison yard is Peter Brace.

Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    That does look like Reg's nose, cornershop! The convict with the cigarette though is Eric Kent.
    That is Eric but not Reg.. I know the face but not the name..

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Harry is correct. Eric yes, that isn't Reg.

Liked
    182 times
    THE FOUR JUST MEN have "Money to Burn" and as Charles Gray enters a reception at the Gueron Embassy:

A guest in front of the pillar on the left is Victor Harrington

The police sergeant calmly quizzing Frank Thornton (and the shoulder of a fuming Alan Tilvern) is Denis Holmes. Denis is credited for another role in this episode, as the heavily-madeup postman.

Liked
    182 times
    Another reception and it's the same old, same old for Victor Harrington:

Here is is at Mary Laura Wood's cocktail party (between John Bentley and Patrick Barr) in Black Orchid (1953)

Later on, John Bentley quickly discharges himself from Wilford Cottage Hospital, by pinching the ambulance (!):

The ambulance driver on the right is Richard Shaw. Richard plays a lorry driver earlier on in the film and is duly credited for that role, but not for this one.

Super Moderator Country: United States wearysloth's Avatar
    Liked
    19 times

Richard Shaw popped up in Zoo Baby (copyrighted 57 released 60) along with Michael Peake and Robert Raglan
    (But no Victor Harrington, unless he was wearing a coatimundi costume)

Liked
    177 times
    Well spotted with Victor Harrington, Gerald. I hope you won't post too many of Denis Holmes as he's my next subject at 'Getting to Know You'!

Aitch, isn't that your friend Jay McGrath arriving at a party in this scene from Take a Girl Like You (1969)?:

Host Noel Harrison and some of the new arrivals greet each other with a camp way of saying "Hel-lo!" - especially Jay.

If it's him ...

Liked
    51 times
    That's Jay alright.. We used to call him ''Camp'' David......lol

Liked
    182 times
    Still in the police, but in the space of four episodes of THE FOUR JUST MEN he's moved from being one of New York's finest to the Mounties:

Max Faulkner in "Crack-Up". With him is just man Richard Conte and possibly unjust woman Delena Kidd. Max gets a couple of scenes and a few lines, but no credit.

Liked
    182 times
    Carlton-Browne of the F. O. (1958) is a starring role for Terry-Thomas and here are some of his F.O. colleagues:

It does look like "Hands, Knees and Bumpsadaisy", but these civil servants are gainfully employed. John Van Eyssen watches Guy Standeven in the groove on the right

Our man gets on the spot when he arrives on the Island of Gaillardia and receives a one-gun salute, ordered by officer Martin Lyder

When the Gaillardian Army puts on an amazing show of, er, strength, among the spectators in the middle here seems to be Anthony Chinn

The international situation worsens and among the United States delegation, back right, must be the man from the biggest state Alaska as it's Jim Tyson

On the other side of the Iron Curtain are the gloomy USSR delegates who I think must be Alf Mangan and Alexis Chesnakov

The young king of Gaillardia flies to Britiain's sunny shores to be greeted by Foreign Secretary Raymond Huntley and our man and, just behind Hunter's brolly and wearing a light mac, the welcoming face of John Tatum

The king only has a lounge suit on when patronising this restaurant, but head waiter Bruno Barnabe is prepared to overlook such a disaster for a consideration.