Page 72 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Gerald the lady next to George Spence in the Payroll screencap looks similar to the lady with John Tatum in post 1377, could she be the illusive Mrs Tatum ?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    I don't know, philly, but it's always possible as we know Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Alexander often did gigs together.

Liked
    182 times
    They might be after The Main Chance (1964), but it's time for a cuppa down the local caff:

Jim Tyson serving up the chai. His prices seem pretty reasonable.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All: Just spoke to Tony "Cornflakes" O'Leary, who is pleased to know he's been sighted (but he is not on the internet unfortunately) and he passes on his good wishes to everyone, especially Jim Payne and Aitch, whom he remembered fondly.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Well done Scott, I used to give Tony a lift to work......(Non driver)....

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Uncertain Sightings

Robert Brown, second right with hat, as a Reporter in Life for Ruth (1962)?:

Not sure about the other man either. Trying to get past them at the Magistrates Court are Janet Munro and Paul Rogers.

Looks like George Selway on the right to me...

Liked
    182 times
    It might be a Game for Three Losers, but this 1965 Edgar Wallace certainly provides a game for umpteen extras:

It looks like Toby Robins buys her paper from Ernie Rice, whose elbows seem under control today

While Michael Gough and Kenneth Benda have a very long champagne-fueled lunch, there's Peter Evans on the right enjoying his. The gentleman coming into the restaurant is a familiar extra, often playing policeman in ITC series, and he can be seen in at least two other roles in this film. The waiter I think is your favourite, Dave Wright, called Joe . . .??

Al Mulock's chatup line with Toby isn't working at this point; maybe he'll have more luck with Pauline Chamberlain in the background

Back in the pub later, Toby's with Mark Eden and it's the unmistakable shape of John Tatum behind him. Not too much tonic in that gin, John!

Dinnertime now. Toby and Mick are leaving, but Aileen Lewis is staying put. Her gentleman friend is not Mr., and it's probably the ITC extra referred to above

It's that pub again (can I see a pattern developing?) and it looks like George Curtis is clearing up the glasses

Al Mulock's keeping a wary eye on Toby and Mark, but just behind Al, I think we can see Gerry Paris.

Liked
    182 times
    The game continues, but moving onto courtroom scenes . . .

Here we can see those two twins, Donald Tandy (in gown) and John Wilder next to him, as well as Ray Marioni as the policeman at the door. Mr. ITC is there too on the left. Mark and Toby are in the dock, while Mick and the recently-departed Roger Hammond are sitting at the front and Colin Douglas is giving evidence

Getting into the Old Bailey, Mark Dignam struts his stuff, with Allan Cuthbertson looking on skeptically and it's Tommy Winward as the other barrister

Once it's Allan's turn to do his stuff, we can see Lewis Alexander sitting on the jury

Mark's addressing the bench and it's Roger's turn to look skeptical. Just above him, the clerk of the court is John Wilder again (at least he's not wearing his copycat Donald Tandy specs now) and above him, Lockwood West is Mr. Justice Tree, and he's possibly sitting in the wrong seat. Mr. ITC is in this scene too!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    Thank you Scott, its so nice to know that Tony is still about, if you talk with him again, please give him my best regards, I have nice memories when we worked together, all the best Jim.

Liked
    182 times
    In 1972, we're heading Straight On Till Morning and we find en route:

A very young Mike Mungarvan being interviewed by Harold Berens. Rita Tushingham has just come in

Once Rita goes out again, she's chatting up strange men. In the park, one man and his dog, a lab and Guy Standeven, who gets the line "No!"

Not one to take that as an answer, Rita's at it again. At the bus stop, one man and his eyes, Paul Brooke, who gives her an odd look

Time for the cops to investigate and here's Tommy Winward again enjoyably doing just that in this arty shot courtesy of director Peter Collinson.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice early picture, Gerald, of Paul Brooke. His "funny look" comes because he has a glass eye! It's always been very noticeabale-much like Roy Emerton's. You can often tell that Esme Percy and Vaentine Dyall (and Esmond Knight) had glass eyes too. The really good ones belonged to Rex Harrison, Nigel Davenport, and Leo McKern. Maybe they could afford better!

Liked
    182 times
    Time to Change Partners, which has a triple meaning in this 1965 Edgar Wallace. Celebrating in posh style:

Kenneth Cope with partner and behind the bar, Vic Chapman

The cops are never far way in these films. Here's Gerry Judge on the right and the detective is allegedly Graham Ashley, but it doesn't look much like him to me. Perhaps Graham's scenes were cut?

Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dissolute View Post
    Looks like George Selway on the right to me...
    The man with the hat looks more like John Doye to me....

Liked
    182 times
    Hell is a City (1960) certainly isn't hell to watch, and on top of the heavenly aspects of the film, we also get:

Jim Tyson on the left as a patron of the Elstree part of The Lacey Arms. Geoffrey Frederick and Stanley Baker have just crossed over from the Manchester end, plus Vanda Godsell

Landlord George A. Cooper is on the blower watched by Inspector Baker, but behind the bar we can just see Reg Thomason in a rare Hammer film appearance

Down the copshop, the older policeman is none other than P.C. Hangdog himself, John Tatum

Assisting the inspector with his investigation is this detective played by Richard Coleman

And assisting him with the interviewing of the suspects, here it's Charles Morgan, is John Wilder who gets the line "Lovett!" (or maybe he's expressing his joy at being in the film).

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    The man with the hat looks more like John Doye to me....
    You could be right Aitch, here's a mugshot of John Doye in '67 (or so I believe).

So we have John Doye and George Selway as the pushy reporters in Life for Ruth (1962)

Liked
    182 times
    Entangled in the Stranger's Web in 1965:

The unmistakable Fred Woods. In a similar scene at the end of the film, I'm sure we see Fred again (it's only from the back), minus the coat, but wearing a hat

Some more unmistakables, despite their standing well in the background and out of focus: Lewis Alexander and Reg Thomason as two of the Edwardian Club patrons. John Stratton questions the club's flunky, played by Keith Smith

And yet another: George Hilsdon back in police uniform, bearing a message for Mr. Stratton from Inspector Gerald Harper. Nice film noir image from our own John Llewellyn Moxey.

Liked
    182 times
    It's panto time still, so here's 1960's The Impersonator, and doing some extra impersonations:

John Baker in the middle as a concerned but rubber-necking citizen

Ernie Rice in the middle as a corcerned but dapper citizen

Gerry Judge in the middle as a concerned but sadly-oblivious policeman.

Liked
    51 times
    Roy Everson back top left with Ernie..

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    Roy Everson back top left with Ernie..
    Thanks, Aitch. I've never seen Ernie in his Sunday best before! And although the film was made before "your time" in the biz, that soldier on the far right looks quite like you!

Liked
    182 times
    Are we all sitting comfortably at The Captain's Table? Then we will serve up:

Captain John Gregson is grilled at the South Star Line by John Le Mesurier, Joseph Tomelty and, left, Fred Johnson

There's a scam on board and among them serving it up are Lionel Murton, Hugh Morton and Harold Goodwin

The captain dishes out his warnings to the officers including here left back row, John H. Watson. Also on the menu are Donald Churchill and Ed Devereaux

They might be baked in the heat, but these card players carry on cooking. Roger Maxwell and Aubrey Richards facing us, with John Richardson as the steward

It's Miles Malleson hiding under the deckchair shade, observed by Peggy Cummins and on the right, basting in the sun is Aileen Lewis, who can be seen several times in the film.