Page 76 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    THE BUCCANEERS have to search out "The Surgeon of Sangre Rojo" to provide medical aid. Arguing the toss:

Alec Mango is holding court (and holding something odd on his head, it looks like!) and that's Peter Hammond's back. On the left, it looks like it could be Terence Cooper, this episode having nothing to do but be an extra

Sangre Rojo has many British accents, despite it being a Spanish port. Fisherman George Hilsdon and guard Roy Purcell provide a couple

Two more from these Spanish sailors: Denis Lacey and Ned Lynch. Denis's acting is a bit more florid than Ned who has at least three roles in this episode: in addition to the sailor, he also plays one of Dan's crew plus a militia man (at one point, almost in the same scene!)

On board the Sultana, it's time to wash dem clothes and the crew isn't too keen to upset their fleas. Brian Rawlinson and Willoughby Gray scowl as Neil Hallett points his weapon at them and there's Ted Carroll again. Ted also gets another role as a militia man later on.

Liked
    182 times
    It's a Late Night Final for Scotland Yard in 1953, but with an early days starter:

James Villiers as a police scientist with a voice not nearly as plummy as it would become

Here is Mrs. Crawford who I think is played by the "also featuring" Nancy Beckh.

Margot Bryant is in this one as Mrs. Johnson, but looking far larger than she would be in her later role of Minnie Caldwell in CORONATION STREET.

Liked
    182 times
    SERGEANT CORK encounters the Victorian school system in "The Case of the Hooded Students":

As Sergeant John Barrie gives vent to his spleen as usual and D.C. William Gaunt listens, there's P.C. Pat Gorman at the back trying to copy the bust alongside him

Off to the police smoker then and cripes, there's Pat again, now clean-shaven and in the foreground, the gesticulating gent is Mike Reid

As D.C. Gaunt arrives, Pat has another slurp of his beer and I think that's Derek Martin front left

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Looks like Peter Bennett was one of the uncredited Party Guests in the Disney film In Search of the Castaways (1962):

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Is this George Hilsdon behind Lionel Murton in the opening scene of The Dirty Dozen? The sleepy bespectacled officer at right is another guy I've been seeing a lot lately, too.
    Last edited by DaveWright72; 24-01-13 at 07:01 AM.

Liked
    182 times
    It looks like George to me, Dave.

Liked
    10 times
    Thank, Gerald. To quote MovieDude in his thread "It's good to know my eyes are still working."

Liked
    10 times
    Another Dirty Dozen spotting: Romo Gorrara as a 101st Airborne soldier. Does anyone recognize the other two?

And I think this is Leo Britt as another 101st soldier:
    Last edited by DaveWright72; 24-01-13 at 09:17 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    "Before the Mast" should be called "Baffling the Cast" in THE BUCCANEERS. First of all, Salvin Stewart is credited as One Eye, but even just with a single ocular organ it can be seen:

One Eye is played by Dan Tempest actor Robert Shaw (indeed, it's later a plot point). Perhaps Salvin was Robert's double or supplied the One Eye voice which is dubbed, although it doesn't sound like Salvin to me from his DOCTOR WHO appearance. Also here are Roy Purcell as an un-named sailor and young Wilfred Downing, sometimes named Wilfrid. And at the back there's that extra who looks like Lon Chaney, Jr. again

Jose is credited as being played by Denis Lacey and here is Jose, but I think it's an uncredited Tony Thawnton. Confusing, isn't it?

Anyway, a bit clearer here we have Anthony Lang as a crewman from the Santa Clara, as well as Ted Carroll (who's in the earlier Shaw or Stewart/Purcell scene too), Ferdy Mayne getting nasty with Wilf and also Rodriguez played by Roger Snowden.

Liked
    10 times
    I'm wondering if the producers of the show fudged the credits to circumvent some sort of rule that actors could only play so many roles in one production!

Liked
    182 times
    Time to take a Fatal Journey (1954). In the credits for this Scotland Yard, but with no attribution:

On the right, Bart Allison as a train attendant. Also there, but hidden: Julian Somers

On the right, Ernest Borrow as a doctor. Also there: Edward Forsyth and Jack Melford

Credited John Brooking may be a hospital doctor in another scene, but it's difficult to say.

Then with no credit at all:

John H. Watson as a Records Dept. officer

John Barrett as an identity parade attendee. He looks very guilty! Gordon Bell is the 'tec in front, again hiding Julian Somers.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    Another Dirty Dozen spotting: Romo Gorrara as a 101st Airborne soldier. Does anyone recognize the other two?

And I think this is Leo Britt as another 101st soldier:
    I can't remember the names but all the three are stunt men...

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Aitch. I belatedly realized I was wrong about the last ID. Certainly not any of the stuntmen credited on IMDb, who are all familiar names. Speaking of which, here is Joe Dunne as the MP putting the hood on George Roubicek.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Ooh You Are Awful 1972 This Dick Emery comedy features a host of favourite names including Pat Coombs, Cheryl Kennedy, Ronnie Fraser, but there are also loads of extras to be spotted. Even my untrained eye picked out Hedger Wallace, Colin Vancao, Michael Sharvell-Martin and the late great Eric Kent, so it's over to Gerald, Dave W, Cornershop and our other resident experts to note the rest...

Liked
    177 times
    Sighted (so far) in 'Ooh ... You Are Awful'

Thanks for inspiring me to watch this film again, Tigon Man, albeit on YouTube. I have reached the end of part two
    and have spotted three of the actors you mentioned - all at Waterloo Station. I'm sure that's Eric Kent on the left:

I recognise Michael Sharvell-Martin (with moustache) but am uncertain about the other man. It's not Blake Butler again?:

Colin Vancao, who I first noticed in an episode of Adam Adamant Lives!, as another City Gent:

Earlier this week, I saw Guy Standeven's (credited) appearance as a City Man in that show, at Leicester Square Station.

Liked
    177 times
    Apart from a third part, the rest of the film doesn't appear to be on YouTube. How disappointing. It is available on DVD but �7.00 is twice
    as much as I'd like. There is a separate clip (in higher quality) of the scene at Waterloo Station where you can see the Extras in real time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKcN5dvMlOQ

Ooh! You Are Awful - Dick Emery - Train Station scene

Question: Who plays the uncredited Grace (taking over from Cheryl Kennedy as the station announcer)? Is Rosemary Martin a good guess?

Member Country: Finland
    Liked
    0 times
    the other 2 are Gerry Crampton and Terry Richards. Gerry told me that. He and Richards played the solders who beat up Charles Bronson in the latrine.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Apart from a third part, the rest of the film doesn't appear to be on YouTube. How disappointing. It is available on DVD but �7.00 is twice
    as much as I'd like. There is a separate clip (in higher quality) of the scene at Waterloo Station where you can see the Extras in real time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKcN5dvMlOQ

Ooh! You Are Awful - Dick Emery - Train Station scene

Question: Who plays the uncredited Grace (taking over from Cheryl Kennedy as the station announcer)? Is Rosemary Martin a good guess?
    I have the Comedy Classics DVD of Ooh You Are Awful Cornershop, which I bought for �7 along with Till Death Us Do Part on the same label for the same price. I wouldn't recommend the Comedy Classics edition as the print wasn't that great.
    I recognise the actress who takes over the tannoy from Cheryl Kennedy, but can't think of her name, not Rosemary Martin though.

Liked
    182 times
    "Dan Tempest and the Amazons" is a fun episode of THE BUCCANEERS with Robert Shaw as Dan and a slim Joan Sims in fine fettle as the determined leader of the Amazons. Joan has an encounter with later Carry On cohort Brian Rawlinson and Edwin Astley's score was echoed in Eric Rogers' compositions for the Carry On films too. In need of Amazons:

Neil Hallett and Peter Hammond complain and having a snooze front right is Jim Brady

Brian Rawlinson and Paul Hansard vent their frustrations whilst Terence Cooper (again a glorified extra this week) whisks away their lady friend. Ernie Rice, hoping to find a fountain of youth it seems, looks aghast. Ernie can be seen later on as a crewman of the pirate ship Tigress and gets conked out by Joan and her cronies

Amazons ahoy! Willoughby Gray is only referred to as "mate", but is possibly in his role as Old Pop. His telescopic chum is Edwin Richfield.

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer S View Post
    the other 2 are Gerry Crampton and Terry Richards. Gerry told me that. He and Richards played the solders who beat up Charles Bronson in the latrine.
    Thanks very much! I've seen enough photos of Crampton to know him by now. As for Terry Richard, my mind just always pictures him as the Arab swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark!
    Last edited by DaveWright72; 26-01-13 at 08:37 PM.