Page 77 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times

Re-posting this screencap from Please Turn Over (1959). Ted Ray and Reg Thomason, but is the large moustache on the left attached to Colin Vancao? If so, Colin also appears as a coffee bar proprietor later on in the film.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    Thanks Aitch. I belatedly realized I was wrong about the last ID. Certainly not any of the stuntmen credited on IMDb, who are all familiar names. Speaking of which, here is Joe Dunne as the MP putting the hood on George Roubicek.
    The MP is Lou Morgan.....

Liked
    182 times
    It must be to comply with the "Articles of War" that these cast members from THE BUCCANEERS get no credit:

Once again, it's unlucky for Terence Cooper as Costellaux

Three of the regulars here, Paul Hansard, Edwin Richfield and Brian Rawlinson, are joined by guest star Eric Pohlmann and also Tony Thawnton. True to policy, Tony is credited in this episode for his earlier role in it as the bearded Jamieson

Neil Hallett and Robert Shaw are directing the gunners. The one in the middle has his back to us, but there's little doubt it's Ernie Rice. Now the gunner on the left . . .

. . . is our old pal Jim Brady, who even gets a line this week. So does the Lon Chaney, Jr. lookalike, but still no name far less credit for him.

Liked
    182 times
    Scotland Yard detectives have to look for The Silent Witness in 1953, while we have to search for uncredited cast:

At the scene of tragedy. Ivan Craig is in the doorway and the standing policeman looks like George Murcell

Frank Forsyth interviews the grocer and it's another role for Bart Allison. The tins of Batchelor's Peas are carefully stacked so as not to be an early example of product placement!

And Ivan's solicitor gives another role for Michael Bird.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Heavens Above! (1963) has a big cast with plenty of crowd scenes, Dido Plumb features in several scenes as a tramp. Also there was Jim Brady, and George Hilsdon in his regular policeman role, Fred Griffiths and apparantly Arthur Mullard, but I didn't see him.

Liked
    182 times
    THE HUMAN JUNGLE and its first episode filmed, "The Flip Side Man":

Doing the flip is Jess Conrad with Annette Carell on his right and there's Juba Kennerley on his left. And just behind the candles on the left, it's Jack Arrow. Is that Andrew Andreas as the waiter behind him?

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    THE HUMAN JUNGLE and its first episode filmed, "The Flip Side Man":

Doing the flip is Jess Conrad with Annette Carell on his right and there's Juba Kennerley on his left. And just behind the candles on the left, it's Jack Arrow. Is that Andrew Andreas as the waiter behind him?
    Yes Andrew...

Liked
    182 times
    The Lewises

Through his various contacts, Scott Palmer has discovered that Alex Lewis (aka Lewis Alexander) died in 2010 aged 100. However, "Mrs. Alexander", Aileen Lewis, is still with us, now in her 100th year and staying in a care home. I'm sure we will all join in to send best wishes to Aileen and thanks to Scott for finding this out.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    A wish Aileen Alexander all the very best, and good luck to her.

Liked
    182 times
    Back in the colony of New Providence, THE BUCCANEERS have to beware "The Hand of the Hawk":

It's a bit blurred as the hawk's hand is a-quiverin', but on the left here we have Neil Hallett in his semi-regular role as Bassett. Peter Hammond, later a very able, though quirky, director, is the officer

This hand needs watching like a hawk, as it's Ted Carroll on the left on the upper deck, now a crewman on Anthony Dawson's Peacock

Not a lot to see behind Robert Shaw here, but I think it can be established it's the eyes, if not the hand, of Ned Lynch.

One of the guest stars is Sidney James who gives a perfectly-acceptable rendering of a couple of songs.
    Last edited by Gerald Lovell; 28-01-13 at 10:02 PM.

Liked
    182 times
    The long arm of Scotland Yard in 1954 has to investigate a Passenger to Tokyo:

This one is not very happy. It's Peter Bathurst as Edward Phillips

South Africa is the next port of call. Here we have Genine Graham on the left and Kenneth Henry on the right. That wonderfully-named block of flats, Emerton Court, is Chief Insp. Reuter C.I.D. in the middle.

Liked
    182 times
    Prior to being "Marooned", THE BUCCANEERS enjoy a hop:

Providing the music, Paul Hansard on the left, possibly Denis Lacey in the middle and Jim Brady on the right

Brian Rawlinson looks like he's being goosed by Willoughby Gray. But it's Ned Lynch in the left background ready to call fowl.

This episode has a pair of Willoughby Gs: Goddard as well as Gray.

Liked
    182 times
    The man from Scotland Yard (Gerald Case in this case) takes the Night Plane to Amsterdam in 1954, but before he goes:

He encounters Patrick Westwood as Morrie, who's lost a suit. Shay Gorman and Inspector Case never mind the quality of the performance

And Superintendent Forbes, played by Walter Horsbrugh, has to summon his inspector to warn him of the dangers of the red light district

Once there, Inspector C has no problem in controlling his urges, especially in the presence of Hugo Schuster and Guy Deghy.

Patrick, Walter and Hugo all get "also featuring" credit in the film, but no role attribution.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by harryfielder View Post
    The MP is Lou Morgan.....
    Thanks Aitch. . .I should have posted all these in the 'Who Are These People" thread

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Deadlier Than the Male from 1967 has some notables uncredited, including George Sewell and Peter Brace? as thugs waiting for Bulldog Drummond in the Hyde Park underground car park. Marianne Stone as a secretary, Whitstable Jim Payne as a cab driver and possibly also as a waiter and Lewis Alexander/Alex Lewis as an oil company executive, complete with natty cigarette holder!

Liked
    10 times
    Some sightings in From Russia With Love:

I originally noted all these appearances using the BluRay, which is obvious much clearer. Unfortunately I cannot make screencaps from the Blu, so hopefully who I'm pointing out aren't amorphous blobs in the pictures I'm posting.

In the opening chess tournament, Victor Harrington has long been noted as one of the spectators. He's obvious even in the background and with shades on. Now we can see the fellow spectator to his right is "Mr. Misery Guts"/MovieDude's Unknown Male #40.

As Vladek Sheybal leaves the tournament victorious, we can see Aileen Lewis and Juba Kennerley in the crowd applauding him. I know someone (Cornershop?) pointed out Aileen a long while back; if I'm wrong, I apologize). I think the man between Aileen and Juba is MovieDude's unknown #42, the one confused with John Lynn. "Stan Laurel's lovechild" is also in the crowd, but barely visible at the left screen edge.

Last edited by DaveWright72; 31-01-13 at 04:33 AM.

Liked
    10 times
    When Bond arrives at the gypsy camp, he is greeted by noted gypsies Harry Phipps and Bill Brandon.

. . .and watching them arrive is Kirlencu (Fred Haggerty)'s henchman Jim Brady.

In the huddle, Haggerty's howling commandos appear to all be stunt players, but the only one I'll hazard a guess at in this shot that is the bearded one might be one of the Powells.

At the camp, Bond gets the best table, that of the Gypsy leader Vavra (Francis DeWolff). Also there at right is Dido Plumb, who apparently was paid in bread (or a free floor show)!

Apparently Aliza Gur's trainer in the gypsy girl catfight is John Lynn.

While Martine Beswick's looks like a mustachioed Alf Mangan. That is definitely Fred Woods ambling into frame, though!

Liked
    10 times
    Hard to tell, but when Fred Haggerty's Bulgars attack, I'm sure this is Bill Cummings riding on the fender of the truck

And this is a bearded Peter Brace covering his boss' flank.

Just about every stuntman in England apparently was in this scene, too. I definitely spotted Peter Perkins, Eddie Powell and Tex Fuller, and doubtless there are plenty more that those with better knowledge of stuntmen could point out. Maybe we need a stuntmen thread?

Liked
    10 times
    Later on, when Bond goes into the Russian consulate to steal the Lektor, he does so under the pretense of applying for a visa from clerk Laurence Herder. Ahead of Bond in the line is Movie Dude's Unknown Male #42.

The filmmakers did an excellent job integrating sets with location shooting in Istanbul, but here is a giveaway, as the customers at the fruit stand that serves as an escape route for Bond are Peter Evans and Movie Dude's Unknown Female #10! I do believe Cornershop originally spotted Evans back when he was still Hummies #1, so credit where credit is due.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Congratulations on those sightings, Dave. Should I be more amazed that you found them or that I didn't? How did I miss Dido Plumb?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    I do believe Cornershop originally spotted Evans back when he was still Hummies #1, so credit where credit is due.
    That was someone else but I can take credit for finding #2 (George Raft lookalike?), as a passenger on the Orient Express:

It's easy to find him on the From Russia with Love DVD. He appears right at the beginning of Chapter 25 (1 hr 21m).

'Mrs. Alexander' was the only other Extra I spotted (not even Victor). That must be old Juba at the back, 2nd right:

Vladek Sheybal, in his breakthrough role, walking past. Triumphant at beating Peter Madden in their game of chess.

I'm behind with screencaps as well as posts here. In case I don't get round to them in the near future, please note that my most recent sightings include Jim Brady in the film Victim (pub scene), Dido Plumb The Baron episode The Long, Long Day, dissolute's Policeman (as yet another) in Gideon's Way - The Alibi Man, and a couple of vintage Mozambique posters in the first episode of Interpol Calling. Still looking for Pauline's appearance in King Rat.