Page 81 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    Yes, re the dirty dozen it is Emile,he worked regularly with central casting. ,think I saw him the other day as a bartender in sheriff of fractured jaw, don't know his second name. I worked with him on Doctors Wear Scarlet/incest for the Damned(1969) a little seen movie with Peter Cushing, pat mower, dirRObert Hartford Davis...
    Which role did you play in that, John?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I was in the university hall sequence as a student,but not seen in the film.peter Cushing was bawling at us from the podium. I remember Barry summerford was there,Barry did a lot of FAA work,famous as one of Philip Madocs German colleagues in the don't tell him pike episode of dad,s army. I knew three of the others , too, les Conrad and Clive roger s,both no longer with us and another guy who I didn't know by name,but he's in the movie of Dads Army as well,as a German officer in the war room.nice bloke.Summerford later became Dennis waterman's stand in, and later John thaw's...

Liked
    182 times
    I was in the university hall sequence as a student,but not seen in the film.peter Cushing was bawling at us from the podium. I remember Barry summerford was there,Barry did a lot of FAA work,famous as one of Philip Madocs German colleagues in the don't tell him pike episode of dad,s army. I knew three of the others , too, les Conrad and Clive roger s,both no longer with us and another guy who I didn't know by name,but he's in the movie of Dads Army as well,as a German officer in the war room.nice bloke.Summerford later became Dennis waterman's stand in, and later John thaw's...
    Thanks, John. The other German submariners in that episode of DAD'S ARMY ("The Deadly Attachment") are Reg Turner, Danny Lyons, Alan Thomas and Emmett Hennessy.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Yes, re the dirty dozen it is Emile,he worked regularly with central casting. ,think I saw him the other day as a bartender in sheriff of fractured jaw, don't know his second name. I worked with him on Doctors Wear Scarlet/incest for the Damned(1969) a little seen movie with Peter Cushing, pat mower, dirRObert Hartford Davis...
    Thanks John--glad to hear his first name confirmed. Barry Summerford and Les Conrad are also in Dirty Dozen, but I have no idea where!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    13 times
    Yes. Let me also add my thanks. The info' about 'Fractured jaw' and 'Incence for the Damned' had me searching my folders and look what I found.

Thanks again John.

Liked
    0 times
    I am very happy to report that Les Conrad is NOT dead. He and his wife Shirley, who also did much extra work, are alive and well and living in France-the same place where they were when I last spoke to them several years ago. Brother Ron Conrad is also still alive and well.

Liked
    0 times
    I worked with Maurice bush in 1969' a sequence on box hill, dorking for a series called detective for the Bbc. I had to arrest John Harvey,a dear man of the old school. John suggested I walk up and down outside elstree studios with a placard saying make me a star...Maurice of course played a villain and had to fir a machine gun. He was a very friendly guy and impressed by my knowledge of the stunt world,told me he worked with errol Flynn on Master of Ballantrae,errol was sloshed,which was old news of course. Maurice had a few lines in Frightened City,1961'dir John Lemont,though I am sure he,s been in scores of things. Is Maurice still with us?

Liked
    0 times
    My profuse apologies about Les Conrad....I really must double check everything. I seem to think I got this from a recent Equity journal..last time I saw him was in a cameo in Hope and Glory for John Boorman. Have also discovered him recently in Thunderball and Octopussy..are you the Palmer who wrote that wonderful reference book on British screen players a while back?

Liked
    0 times
    I worked with Maurice bush in 1969' a sequence on box hill, dorking for a series called detective for the Bbc. I had to arrest John Harvey,a dear man of the old school. John suggested I walk up and down outside elstree studios with a placard saying make me a star...Maurice of course played a villain and had to fir a machine gun. He was a very friendly guy and impressed by my knowledge of the stunt world,told me he worked with errol Flynn on Master of Ballantrae,errol was sloshed,which was old news of course. Maurice had a few lines in Frightened City,1961'dir John Lemont,though I am sure he,s been in scores of things. Is Maurice still with us?

Liked
    182 times
    Sadly, Maurice is no longer with us, John.

Liked
    10 times
    One last shot from The Dirty Dozen: a drunken Frederick Schiller approached Lee Marvin, and Schiller's embarassed wife appears to be Ruth Kettlewell. Or is my brain addled again?

Liked
    182 times
    Scotland Yard's next 1956 investigation is into Person Unknown and there are quite a few in the production, but following investigations here are a few persons no longer unknown in it:

The mortuary attendant here appears to be Bert Sims, another of those actors who never looked young. The grieving widow being led out is played by Marianne Stone, who gets top female billing in this one!

Inspector Duggan (Russell Napier) enlists the expertise of a couple of lab boys, and here it is Martin Boddey. His un-named sergeant is played by Edward Cast. There's an interesting moment when Duggan reminds his sergeant to take the shoe plaster impression with him. "Remember to bring that cast" he says, or is it, "Remember to bring that, Cast"??

The other lab "boy" is Frank Forsyth once more

I'm not so sure about this, but when Edward casts about for a taxi, the driver might be Harry Phipps?

And when Edward casts his eye over the hired car records, he's aided by Michael Bird.

Liked
    182 times
    The Gaunt Stranger (1938) is a version of Edgar Wallace's play "The Ringer" and when in prison:

We meet youthful Patrick Barr, infuriating Sonnie Hale, grim Arthur Hambling and uncredited John Turnbull, not a police inspector for once, but the governor.

Liked
    10 times
    Oops...forgot one more in our cavalcade of German generals: smilin' John Tatum!

Liked
    0 times
    John Bindon could be in FromRussiaWL at the airport scene at the beginning walking near Sean C?. I know JOhnnie did extra work early in his career...

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    One last shot from The Dirty Dozen: a drunken Frederick Schiller approached Lee Marvin, and Schiller's embarassed wife appears to be Ruth Kettlewell. Or is my brain addled again?

My brain was slightly addled, after all. As MovieDude reminds me, this is Judith Furse, and not Ruth Kettlewell. Too many faces!

Liked
    0 times
    Hi John: Yes, I am the same guy who writes books on British actors-I am sorry to say I didn't speak to you, but now that you have magically appeared, have you kept a record of all your film and TV work? I'd like to put you in the next book. Also, I've spoken to about ten thousand extras over the years, but I'm sure you could remember working with specific people, so I'd like to have a chat with you some time. Scott

Liked
    10 times
    John Bindon could be in FromRussiaWL at the airport scene at the beginning walking near Sean C?. I know JOhnnie did extra work early in his career...
    You are exactly right. I skimmed over this scene when I did the screencaps because I thought it was actually filmed at Yesilkoy Airport with local Turks, but now I see it was indeed a set! Here's John at left, behind 007:

Liked
    10 times
    Folks keep popping up in The Dirty Dozen, which is now more like The Dirty Hundred or so.

General Jack Sharp at lower right, looking up.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post

I don't think that's Ruth Kettlewell; it looks more like Judith Furse to me, Dave.