Page 86 of 293 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    No247 extra standing at the back is,I believe Alan Harris(under chandelier) I did a few jobs with him,he was a Q associate in a tim dalton Bond,chatted to Diana when she visited the set, Lady Di that is... John w.s.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, John. Did you work sometimes under the name of Raoul Johns or Raoul Jones?

Liked
    182 times
    A previous viewing of the Scotland Yard film from 1958, Crime of Honour needs addition/correction:

I think the dredger crewman leading the police aboard is Jack Sharp. The River Police Sergeant behind him, as earlier spotted, is Edwin Brown. Peeking out at the back is Julian Strange, this time playing Sergeant Conway

The Spanish hotel receptionist who passes a dodgy note to Superintendent Russell Napier I had thought was Peter Hughes, but I now realise is Charles Hill: a contender for the beaky nose contest with old Russ.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Here they are:
    [snip]
    Incidentally, that erstwhile buccaneer, Ned Lynch, can be seen earlier on in the episode as one of the military scientists.
    Great IDs! The one between Fred & Jim looks like Jack Smethurst "Eddie Booth" but it can't be. Don't think that's George Roubicek though, face isn't round enough.
    Which one's Ned, Gerald? I can't work out who you mean. Is he one of these?

Liked
    182 times
    Ned is the one on the left, dissolute.

Liked
    0 times
    I was RAOUL JOHNS most of the time,though it was originally RAOUL SKINNER on a couple of jobs(DOCTOR WHO,PUBLIC EYE,on the latter I had my only screen credit,as Police Patrolman); think I had a Raoul Walsh complex at the time...

Liked
    0 times
    The great BOB SIMMONS once starred in a movie, THE MAN FROM TANGIER, or something, would love to get hold of a copy..

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    I was RAOUL JOHNS most of the time,though it was originally RAOUL SKINNER on a couple of jobs(DOCTOR WHO,PUBLIC EYE,on the latter I had my only screen credit,as Police Patrolman); think I had a Raoul Walsh complex at the time...
    Interesting; in regard to DOCTOR WHO, for which I have pretty full details, I have Raoul Skinner down as an Alien Technician for a couple of studio episodes of "The War Games", including the last episode which is notable for being the last black and white edition, the last one for Patrick Troughton, Frazer Hines and Wendy Padbury and the first one for the Time Lords. These episodes were recorded at Television Centre in May and June 1969.

Then in November 1969, I have Raoul Johns down as a UNIT Soldier trudging his way across Hankley Common, Rushmoor, Surrey for "Doctor Who and the Silurians".

As for Man from Tangier, I don't have a record of Bob Simmons being in it (Paddy Ryan is); the film, from 1957, "stars" Robert Hutton. It's on Movies4Men quite often if you can get that channel.

Liked
    182 times
    THE BUCCANEERS are "To the Rescue" (aren't they always) but this soldier shows no sign of that:

His Majesty's soldier Ted Carroll about to be clunked by Captain Robert Shaw, who will shortly roll out the barrel

The tall bloke at the back there is the only decent view we get of Peter Perkins in this episode. Otherwise, we got Robert Shaw, his "Maid Marian" Jane Griffiths and her uncle and aunt (?) Andre Charisse and Norma Parnell

Aboard the Phillippa (sic), Denis Lacey growls at Paul Hansard, Brian Rawlinson and Edwin Richfield

This is where it gets a bit confusing. Peter Brace seems to be part of the Phillippa crew here, alongside mate Noel Davis (believe it or not). However, Peter can been earlier as an onlooker in the Peter Perkins scene and then, near the end, fighting for the Sultana lot

As Robert Shaw checks out if he or rival captain Michael Golden has the better ruff, just above Mike's head we can see one of his crew, Rupert Evans

We can't do without Ned Lynch and here he is, facing an upright weapon or two. In the background is Charlie Price who at least is consistent in that he's fighting for the Sultana crew.

Liked
    182 times
    There's not much I can add from another viewing of the Scotland Yard short The Cross-Roads Gallows (1958) apart from John Rae as Doctor Preston, except, for the Graham Leaman completists:

The man himself as the fingerspints expert in the car. Looking on are David Lodge, John Warwick and John Stuart.

Member Country: Finland
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by john walter skinner View Post
    The great BOB SIMMONS once starred in a movie, THE MAN FROM TANGIER, or something, would love to get hold of a copy..
    He starred in TANGIER ASSIGNMENT in about 1955. Not sure why they chose to put him in a starring role. His voice was dubbed by Stephen Boyd.

Liked
    0 times
    Interesting on Simmons, think the movie is listed in Denis Gifford's wonderful reference book on Britmovies.Have a copy Of Bob's so called autobio. nobody does it better, though it was co written with William Hall, I believe

Liked
    0 times
    George Roderick appears to have worked for several years as an extra,an early sighting is a diner in the restaurant scene Brief Encounter (1946)...

Liked
    182 times
    "The Decoy" in the person of Virginia Maskell is utilised by THE BUCCANEERS in the course of their adventure against the Turk, played by Marne Maitland. Here's not so much swapping of the regular crewmen in this one:

The exception is Ned Lynch, seen just behind Virginia here. As well as a Turk crewman, he's seen earlier as a crewman on board the Sultana. Also here, pirate Denis Lacey and Rupert Evans on the right

Hiding out here, though probably not keeping his nose out of things, is Ted Carroll

Loyally sticking to Gaff Guernsey and Dan Tempest are Charlie Price and Peter Brace, even though they're legging it (especially Charlie) out of the episode in the longboat

Time for the Turk to consider his options with mate Roy Purcell and considering his stomach on the left is Peter Perkins.

Liked
    182 times
    In 1959, it may have been The Unseeing Eye for Scotland Yard, but a new glance at this one discloses:

The fireman closer to us looks very like Nigel Lambert at another bonfire

Aye, aye, the copper at the back is surely once more Christopher Trace here giving us a police role he played earlier

And although I put this one up before, now we know this artificial eye manufacturer technician - that's certainly quite an eyeful - is Peter Evans. He gets quite a dialogue exchange with Superintendent Russell Napier.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Is this James Payne (aka whitstablejim) playing a student in the 1964 Danger Man episode "Colony Three"? (my sincere apologies to him if I am wrong!)

Last edited by DaveWright72; 22-02-13 at 03:26 AM.

Senior Member Country: Australia dissolute's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    I'm wondering if it's just me thinking it's Roubicek because of the similar pose, but it does strongly remind me of him.

Our man in the flat cap puts me in in mind of Richard Clarke, but I don't think that's right either.

Liked
    182 times
    I don't think it's Richard Clarke, as he had much bushier eyebrows and a bit of a cleft chin.

Liked
    0 times
    Christopher Trace is supposed to have been in THE VIKINGS(1958), ONE OF MY FAVOURITE MOVIES,though I have yet to spot him;the interiors were filmed in Germany;a clue is that the sets were later incorporated into a series Tales of the Vikings....
    You are right, Gerald, I did do a couple of Doctor Whos, including the first to feature JON PERTWEE, I remember the little car made an appearance on set for publicity purposes in Surrey.....
    have a call-sheet before me from one of Z CARS jobs, dated Thursday 12th March,1970; episode ? Director M.Barry; names include principalplayers for the location shoot near Wormwood Scrubs;- sally lahee, keith marsh, william gaunt,philip madoc,alec mango and Roy Scannell,the latter doubled for Madoc,as far as I can remember; extras were STEWART FELL,FREDDIE PAYNE,JAMES AMEY,PETER ROY,COLIN THOMAS,NICK HOBSON,ROY HATHAWAY,JOHN HUGHMAN, JAY McGRATH,DAVID PELTON,RICHARD KITTERIDGE,VES DELAHUNT,ANTHONY POWELL,REG TURNER,ROY DENTON,RAOUL JOHNS,DEREK SCHAFFER and ROBIN BURNS. STEWART FELL was a good friend and soon became a well respected stuntman and fight arranger; some of the other names may be familiar to some of you out there. I always remember there was one guy who did quite a lot of jobs for casting - he can be seen in the classic scene from LONG GOOD FRIDAY when Bob Hoskins addresses his enemies who are hanging upside down, this guy can be seen near Bob holding a sawn off shotgun...

Liked
    0 times
    I think Stewart Fell has his own website...