Page 96 of 293 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 5843
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    I previously had a quick dash through Very Important Person (1961) and the likes of Archie Duncan, Victor Harrington and Barry Lowe were released, but here are some more very important persons who didn't get past the escape committee before:

In this audience for GODFREY WINN'S MEMORY ALBUM TV show (i.e. THIS IS YOUR LIFE), we can see John Wilder with cigarette, Pearl Walters on the front row, far right and in the centre near the back, partially hidden (even his nose), Reg Thomason

James Robertson Justice is sent off on his mission and the RAF officer in the background, probably Group Capt. A. S. Stewart, is Bernard Hunter. The Air Vice Marshal on the right might be that "George McGrath" actor?

Auditions for the camp show - very appropriately - are held by Tony Castleton and Richard Wattis

Stanley Baxter does his Harry Lauder impression and the stagehand P.O.W. at the back is Charlie Price

Richard looks worried about the quality of the show. Bill Cummings looks unworried about the quality of his scenery-painting

Hugh Elton also looks unworried about the show, or being next to Stanley's German alter ego. Right behind Hugh is hidden another role for John Wilder

Loving the show is Ned Lynch in the middle here. John Le Mesurier isn't so convinced. Ned can be seen in several other scenes too

A bit blurry, but it's P.O.W. Harold Coyne; Harold can also be spotted at various points in the film.

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    I omitted to say that the scientist in the middle is Bruce Wightman.

Liked
    182 times
    For Invasion Quartet (1961), Dave Wright has done a superb job on Aveleyman in capturing the wartime combatants and here are a few more:

Examining the crater where they used to play cricket are various residents of a military convalescent home somewhere in England, including John Le Mesurier, Thorley Walters, Maurice Denham and Thelma Ruby. The soldier on the right looks like Frank Maher

All services are represented in the home: Ken Hutchins for the Air Force, Donald Oliver for the Army (Lieutenant Gray) and ? for the Senior Service

You have to hand it to Gregoire Aslan, there's nothing like a bit of fraternisation with the nurses. And at the back, that's all we get to see of Jim Brady

Getting caught up in his role as a German drummer is Ian Wilson

Ye cannae push a soldier aff a bus, but legging it here is Bill Travers, with the gent of the left likely being John Lynn and the lady on the right Marie France. John can be seen later on as a Maquis

Spike Milligan puts his foot in it and the engines explode. The German soldier on the left looks like it could be Hugh Elton. The camera hogger on the right I don't know, but I bet the director wasn't happy.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Gerald--I think I need to take another look to see who else I missed! Can't believe I didn't see Jim Brady!

Liked
    10 times
    Further to Invasion Quartet, is this maybe George Curtis (or Jack Dearlove) on the left edge of the shot?

Liked
    0 times
    It's certainly not Jack Dearlove-he had much lighter hair. It does look more like George Curtis

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks Scott--I haven't seen Jack Dearlove enough to really be 100% on him.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Is that Gr�goire Aslan in the middle, Dave?

Gerald, I've also forgotten to mention something regarding Bruce Wightman. When I watched Heaven's Above! myself last year,
    I realised he was the uncredited actor on the right here - at the Daily Express office - in The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961):

With (left to right) Edward Judd, Leo McKern and an unfortunately back to camera Bernard Braden.

At long last I was reaquainted with The Human Jungle last night, almost thirty years after I watched it on Channel 4.
    You did better than me with your sightings in The Vacant Chair (1963) but look who I spotted during the party scene:

It's Rosemary Chalmers! She's best known to me as Grazina Frame's friend in The Painted Smile (1962):

I'll credit her as Party guest at IMDb. Also in this were a young Gemma Jones (The Duchess of Duke Street) and Danny Grover.
    He played the boy with the glasses. Only a few years later he was one of the many Young (and Second) Generation dancers
    Last edited by cornershop15; 02-04-13 at 01:11 PM.

Liked
    10 times
    Hi cornershop--yes that's Gregoire Aslan and a disheveled John Le Mesurier.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Thanks for confirming that, Dave.

Another Sighting from 'The Human Jungle - The Vacant Chair'

I'm fairly confident the Waiter serving Herbert Lom and Hazel Hughes is Andrew Andreas:

Sorry if I've caught youi off guard, 'azel

Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Palmer View Post
    It's certainly not Jack Dearlove-he had much lighter hair. It does look more like George Curtis
    Sorry, chaps, but I regret it's neither Jack Dearlove nor George Curtis.

Liked
    182 times
    cornershop, nice sighting of Rosemary Chalmers and that is indeed Andrew Andreas.

Liked
    182 times
    Some more inhabitants of THE HUMAN JUNGLE, from a later episode called "The Wall":

"Six green bottles . . . " Jeremy Spenser is having a bit of a problem with his empties and barman Edward Brooks is coming to investigate. When Ed speaks, he has the voice of another Ed, namely Eddie Byrne on dubbing duty. And at the bar in the light-coloured jacket, Walter Henry

Police have to get involved, as does Jeremy's devout Jewish family. Here we have: police doctor Bill Mills, Inspector Alan Haines (not "interpreter", as claimed in the DVD booklet; I wonder if Alan was related to Brian Haines - there is a resemblance), dad Meier Tzelniker, uncle Arnold Diamond and wife Catherine Feller (lucky feller). At the back, once again on police duty, John Wilder.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Dear dave
    The person with his hand on Thomas Gallagher's shoulder is Fred Wood he is also in 2 other scenes in day of the triffids
    PS I could not get a larger image

Liked
    10 times
    Thanks for that. I did later realize my error, and I corrected it to Fred on the Triffids entry at Aveleyman. Now if there was just a better print of this one around on DVD!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain john walter skinner's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Whatever, became of Jeremy Spencer?

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I watched Fright (1972) last night and spotted Alex and Eileen Lewis. In the scene where Honor Blackman takes a call from Susan George at the restaurant Mr Alexander can be seen talking to two seated ladies. One of whom is his wife. No idea how to do screen caps, sorry.

Liked
    182 times
    The cold war thriller Beyond the Curtain (1960) has Richard Greene stepping out of his tights and getting into his cabin crew gear and among the passengers worried about seeing this:

The lady in the middle in the dark hat seems to be Margaret Withers and the brylcreemed gent on the right is Martin Lyder. The grey-haired chap at the back is sadly not Ned Lynch. Nobody seems to want to take their coat off

Heathrow Arrivals were never quite like this (yet). On guard duty is Romo Gorrara

That sneaky Russian colonel Andre Mikhelson is offering co-pilot Gaylord Cavallaro a cigarette! And there's no health warning on the side! Pilot Guy Kingsley Poynter looks suitably horrified and East German agent John Wilder at the back looks suitably unconcerned. The large stomach looking suitably fed belongs to Denis Shaw

It's the turn of Richard Greene to look horrified, held back by Court Benson with the pilot and co-pilot about to be debriefed. The bespectacled reporter at the back, who's wondering if there are any briefs for him, is Pat Hagan

Placid doctor Marius Goring is relegated to the corner and VoPo Michael Sarne gets his orders from the large stomach. Denis, you shouldn't wear chalk-striped suits, really you shouldn't

From his days in the greenwood, Richard knows all about hiding in barns. Not persuaded that a roll in the hay is not on the cards is this VoPo, played by Otto Friese.

Liked
    182 times
    Apart from Vivien Heilbron, Lawrence Douglas and Gordon Jackson, the main roles in the 1971 version of Kidnapped didn't go to Scottish actors, even down to the extras and stunt artists:

On board Jack Hawkins' ship to greet Michael Caine in his stylish gear are crewmen Peter Brace, Larry Taylor and Alf Joint. Do we anticipate a fight is on the cards . . . ?

Also on board are Peter Jeffrey, Lawrence Douglas and in the three-cornered hat, Rocky Taylor. For this film, Captain Hawkins is dubbed by Charles Gray

Trying to dodge the redcoats is highlander Bill Cummings. Clearly, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em as about 30 minutes later in the film, Bill can be seen again as a redcoat riding out of Edinburgh (Stirling) Castle.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Tigon Man's Avatar
    Liked
    86 times
    Plenty of uncredited faces in Some Girls Do (1969) including John Paul, Frank Gatliff, Peter Brace, Carol Dilworth, Joanna Lumley and Juba Kennelly.