Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    It was on late-night TV at least twice in the '90, and I'd be grateful if someone could assist my doddering memory:

It's a black and white 1950s(ish) thriller, set in a small town or village. A woman with a young son meets a newly-arrived dashing American (a reporter or perhaps military?) who the boy calls "Cowboy Man". The boy dresses like a cowboy, complete with cap-guns. There have been assaults (murdrers?) on local women by a nutter, and the climax takes place in a theatre, and involves a pantomime dame.

I think the woman runs a modest cafe/greasy spoon/tea shop, or at least works in one.

Thank you.

Senior Member Country: UK Joe Fraguela's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='cravenoir']It was on late-night TV at least twice in the '90, and I'd be grateful if someone could assist my doddering memory:

It's a black and white 1950s(ish) thriller, set in a small town or village. A woman with a young son meets a newly-arrived dashing American (a reporter or perhaps military?) who the boy calls "Cowboy Man". The boy dresses like a cowboy, complete with cap-guns. There have been assaults (murdrers?) on local women by a nutter, and the climax takes place in a theatre, and involves a pantomime dame.

I think the woman runs a modest cafe/greasy spoon/tea shop, or at least works in one.

Thank you.

I have a feeling it's a british b movie film called The Impersonator from 1961 which starred John Crawford, Jane Griffiths, John Salew and Patricia Burke.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, that's it!

Thank you so much. It's been bugging me for ages.