Senior Member Country: Canada Zlatna's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    This is at the top of my list of things I'd like to see, especially as it was commissioned for Hannah. Don't know if anyone out there has a copy, or can point me towards where I can find one, but I live in hope. Probably don't have much of interest to trade, unless you're into un-subtitled ex-Yugoslavian films & TV, but would be more than willing to compensate for time, trouble, media and postage.

HANNAH GORDON stars in BBC-1's 50-minute film 'Day After the Fair, an adaption of a Thomas Hardy play, on Wednesday December 31st 1986.

Set in a country town in Victorian England, Hannah plays Edith, who happens to witness the meeting at Salisbury Fair between Charles (MARTIN STAINBRIDGE), a barrister from London, and Anna (SAMMI DAVIS), her young maid. Being illiterate, when Charles later writes to Anna, she goes to her employer and asks Edith to help. With her marriage to Arthur (KENNETH HAIGH) a dry and bitter affair, Edith is looking for a way to express her yearning for love, and so evolves a bizarre and unwitting relationship. The drama which grows from this innocent deception reaches its climax when pretence and reality eventually come face to face as the fair returns to town........

Both parts of Day After the Fair were telecast in the U.S. back to back on March 12, 1988, as a double-header attraction on PBS' Masterpiece Theatre.

Also high on the list are, two BBC Play of the Month episodes, The Gay Lord Quex (1983), Waste (1977) and her Thursday Theatre episode Johnson Over Jordan (1965) where she played Ralph Richardson's daughter.

Thanks for looking

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    I've been looking for this for ages as well. Very odd that it appears to have completely disappeared. I can certainly imagine Hannah Gordon in this part.

Liked
    0 times
    publicity photo of Hannah as Edith.

Liked
    0 times
    Bumping this, as I live in hope......

Liked
    0 times
    Miraculously this has turned up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwEsypqaCHE

Have sucked the flv files to my HD, not great quality. but it will have to do until someone gets smart and releases the DVD.

danged annoying when you try to post a link and it changes to an embedded video!!!
    Last edited by Zlatna; 02-01-11 at 06:04 PM. Reason: don't want the video embedded

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Oh wonderful ... must take a look as this is based on one of my favourite Hardy stories!

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    The introduction to its US screening by Alistair Cooke is also on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVCHy...eature=related