Liked
    151 times
    Does anybody have this rarity? Please pm.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    10 times
    I know it's a bit of a long shot this but I'm having no luck in my searches outside and away from this good forum. Has anyone a copy of the much sought-after, 1971 documentary, Secret Rites? I've a copy of Cinema-X magazine from 1972 that shows some colour screen captures from the production and it looks beautifully shot. There is a print in existence as it was screened at the BFI Flipside witchcraft night last year, according to other sources online.

IMDb - Secret Rites (1971)

Poppy.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    There have been rumours of a forthcoming DVD release- possibly from the Flipside?- but I’ve heard nothing concrete yet.
    Any chance you could upload that Cinema X article? Would love to see it.

Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flash View Post
    There have been rumours of a forthcoming DVD release- possibly from the Flipside?- but I�ve heard nothing concrete yet.
    Any chance you could upload that Cinema X article? Would love to see it.
    I'd be happy to share scans with anybody who wants them, but I suspect I'd be in breach of this forum's rules as the pages do contain female nudity. If the moderators are happy for me to PM links then I will.

Poppy.

Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy-Hopkins View Post
    I'd be happy to share scans with anybody who wants them, but I suspect I'd be in breach of this forum's rules as the pages do contain female nudity. If the moderators are happy for me to PM links then I will.

Poppy.
    If you could PM me the scans, that would be great.

Liked
    10 times
    Apologies, these scans are not from a Cinema-X publication, but from an even rarer magazine called Take-4. I don't seem to be breaking any forum rules as far as I can see, as these scans are being posted in good taste but if they cause offense, by all means remove them. I reckon 1971 was a good year for tin-foil sales :/

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg

I'm no finance advisor, but you'd be best off sinking your money into 60's/70's sexploitation movie magazines; forget bricks and mortar, these magazines will afford you much more pleasure long term. The images in these magazines are so vivid and lush. Yum.

Poppy.
    Last edited by Poppy-Hopkins; 12-09-11 at 02:29 PM. Reason: additional info

Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for posting those scans. Yes sexploitation film magazines from that era are great stuff, Cinema X is a good one, another is Exciting Cinema from the early 70s , although Exciting Cinema is harder to collect as issues seems to be a lot rarer than the Cinema X’s and tend to go for higher prices online.

Liked
    10 times
    You'll never believe it, but I picked a copy of Exciting Cinema up for �3.50 on Ebay a few weeks back; want the best bit? it was volume one, number one. Try Cinema Blue and Continental Film (although CF was a low quality, b/w publication).

Poppy.

Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy-Hopkins View Post
    You'll never believe it, but I picked a copy of Exciting Cinema up for �3.50 on Ebay a few weeks back; want the best bit? it was volume one, number one.
    Blimey, you got yourself a bargain there then, I’ve been outbid twice on that issue on ebay in the past, it usually goes for around thirty pounds.

Liked
    10 times
    Blimey, you got yourself a bargain there then, I’ve been outbid twice on that issue on ebay in the past, it usually goes for around thirty pounds.
    Yes, rather fortunately for me, the seller neglected the option of uploading a photograph of the magazine, so it went a little unnoticed in the Ebay search results; that and the fact that he/she listed the item as 'Exciteing Cinema' made it a rather one horse race. I've this dream of digitalizing every issue of Cinema-X and preserving them all for the greater good of (wo)man.

Poppy.