Thread: Camper Van Film

Liked
    0 times
    Im looking for an american horror film, from what I can remember 2 couples head out in a camper van towards the countryside and woods etc and fall prey to clu clux clan type bad guys Im not 100% sure but I think it had a young Burt Reynolds in it,

any idea,s appreciated.

thanks.

Senior Member Country: UK RogerThornhill's Avatar
    Liked
    67 times
    name='roman' date='28 June 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1277746746' post='445593']

Im looking for an american horror film, from what I can remember 2 couples head out in a camper van towards the countryside and woods etc and fall prey to clu clux clan type bad guys Im not 100% sure but I think it had a young Burt Reynolds in it,

any idea,s appreciated.

thanks.

It sounds similar to Race With the Devil but that didn't feature Burt Reynolds and the pursuers were cult members not KKK.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073600/plotsummary

Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    Sounds like Race with the Devil. It features Peter Fonda.

Senior Member Country: United States robotoid97's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like "Race with the Devil" to me as well, however, there is a lesser known TV movie starring Peter Graves called "Where Have All The People Gone" a post apocalyptic type film about a plague wiping out most of humanity and P. Graves and family are terrorized by a hoodlums as they drive in their camper to find a safe haven to live.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Race With the Devil sounds like the right answer here.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqv6PIH_ymY[/media]

Robin Williams comedy RV was also horrific

Why does the camper van seem to fit so well into the horror genre? Classic examples such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Evil Dead sit alongside more recent examples such as Cabin Fever.

Kids.... If you go down in the woods today, take a bus. You're much more likely to return with all your limbs still attached!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='GoggleboxUK' date='29 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1277815004' post='445828']

Why does the camper van seem to fit so well into the horror genre? Classic examples such as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Evil Dead sit alongside more recent examples such as Cabin Fever.

Kids.... If you go down in the woods today, take a bus. You're much more likely to return with all your limbs still attached!

And don't forget Scooby Doo, Where Are You! and their mystery machine.

They're always straying into horror situations

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    much appreciated thank you all very much, will take a look,

GRAEME
    name='GoggleboxUK' date='29 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1277815004' post='445828']

You forgot The Hills Have Eyes!