Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Heartbeat is finally being released on DVD by Network with Series 1 out to buy on the 6th September 2010, we will have to wait and see exactly how much of the music is missing or dubbed etc.... on a brighter note, Network will more than likely get to release all 18 series over the years.

Heartbeat - Series 1 (3 Discs) - £16.99 at play.com

Senior Member Country: UK Geoffers's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='Capture King' date='17 July 2010 - 03:50 AM' timestamp='1279335000' post='452996']

Heartbeat is finally being released on DVD by Network with Series 1 out to buy on the 6th September 2010, we will have to wait and see exactly how much of the music is missing or dubbed etc.... on a brighter note, Network will more than likely get to release all 18 series over the years.

Heartbeat - Series 1 (3 Discs) - £16.99 at play.com

I'm really very surprised this has happened. In view of the position with the music I was convinced it never would. Perhaps they have made some compromise deal with the relevant organisation?

Well, the first few series were the best in my opinion. I never warmed to either of the two successors to Claude Greengrass, though Bernie Scripps was always good value.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Before I buy, can anyone confirm please if these Series 1 and Series 2 Network releases have all the original music intact? I have all of these from the original ITV1 transmissions but I understand Beatles songs are never included in DVD releases? Also, are these the ITV1 uncut versions or the ITV2/3/4 edited "syndication" versions?

On a different note, can anyone confirm when Heartbeat stopped being recorded on film and succumbed to recording to videotape with a frame-reducing film-effect applied? I recorded an episode from a few years ago where they forgot to apply the effect and it looked stunning, smooth, clean and as-live (obviously shot on video) - imagine Emmerdale and you'll get the picture. The voiceover apologised at the end for the picture quality! (I wish it was ALWAYS as clean looking as this!).