Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok I know this isn't spag western movie forums but can someone identify this film. It's probably quite well known.

I recall a scene were the hero climbs a bell tower and lowers a jug filled with water which he swings back and forth until it hits the villain standing guard below.

He then goes on to take out the rest of the villains.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Grey Wyler's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='PS68060' date='21 July 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1279746899' post='454798']

Ok I know this isn't spag western movie forums but can someone identify this film. It's probably quite well known.

I recall a scene were the hero climbs a bell tower and lowers a jug filled with water which he swings back and forth until it hits the villain standing guard below.

He then goes on to take out the rest of the villains.

Not an Italian Western. It's Joe Kidd starring Clint Eastwood from 1973. Directed by John Sturges it was a fairly run of the mill American western movie, certainly not of the same calibre of Eastwood's other movies of the period.

Its Clint that swings the jug to knock out a guard.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    I thought it was Eastwood but I didn't want to influence anyone in the wrong direction.

Is it the same film in which he gets dumped in the desert and walks out, while counting ?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Grey Wyler's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='PS68060' date='21 July 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1279749684' post='454812']

I thought it was Eastwood but I didn't want to influence anyone in the wrong direction.

Is it the same film in which he gets dumped in the desert and walks out, while counting ?

Don't really remember that, but apart from the above mentioned scene and the climax, there is not a great deal in the film that i found memorable. In saying that though, i have it on DVD and will probably give it a look at over the weekend.