Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Can anyone name this film? The query is from a Windsor history website and I thought the team here might assist. The question reads "I think was made entirely within the town. I think I was seventeen or eighteen when I saw it at the Empire - that would be 1952/53. It was black and white (of course!) and a man seemed to keep cropping up wearing a buttonhole flower. He was a very familiar figure in Windsor as was Joey Quartermaine who also appeared. I can recall that it was a very fascinating film....everyone seemed to be constantly on the move and there was no dialogue at all. I think it was the first time I had heard the accompanying music which became very popular at the the time....The Swedish Rhapsody".

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    name='tavistock' timestamp='1280389347' post='457550']

Can anyone name this film? The query is from a Windsor history website and I thought the team here might assist. The question reads "I think was made entirely within the town. I think I was seventeen or eighteen when I saw it at the Empire - that would be 1952/53. It was black and white (of course!) and a man seemed to keep cropping up wearing a buttonhole flower. He was a very familiar figure in Windsor as was Joey Quartermaine who also appeared. I can recall that it was a very fascinating film....everyone seemed to be constantly on the move and there was no dialogue at all. I think it was the first time I had heard the accompanying music which became very popular at the the time....The Swedish Rhapsody".

I think it may have been The Stranger Left No Card, but I'm not sure. Alan Badel was the star. Yes, I just checked on the IMDb and it fits, Filmed in Windsor, released late 1952 and featuring Swedish Rhapsody.

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    I remember it' Geoffrey Bayldon also appeared............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FrdUJGV6EI

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    11 times
    Thank you both for your very prompt replies.