Liked
    0 times
    Every so often I remember this scene in a film and I have no idea what film it is from.

The film is black and white and probably 60s/early 70s. Based in London (as far as i can remember).

The scene i remember is two guys chasing each other and having a good old fisticuffs. They end up in a deserted bus depot and continue their fight. Eventually one gets the upper hand and knocks the other one out. Things at this point get a little hazy but the guy who wins the fight ends up in one of the buses and revereses into the other guy who has recovered from his knockout and squashes him against the wall. The guy is still alive but falls under the end of the bus. The driver of the bus goes to walk away when a 3rd person appears and starts up the bus and reverses back until you hear a crack (this is the bit i remember vividly) it was one of those buses with a kind of sloping rear end from the back to the rear wheels.

I can't remember anything else about the film bar this one section. Anyone any idea what the film is from my description? Any help greatly appreciated.

Senior Member Country: Scotland bruiser15's Avatar
    Liked
    50 times
    There is a scene in the film Otley http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064775/ which immediately springs to mind, but it's in colour and the action takes place in a farmyard, but most of the rest of it is set in London. There is certainly a fight between Tom Courtenay & James Villiers I think, Villiers gets run over by the bus and then killed by a third person quite possibly Leonard Rossiter, but it's a good few years since I saw it.

Sketchy details at Buses on Screen here:

http://www.busesonscreen.net/screen/screenfmom.htm

And Remy is the man to talk to with regard to Otley, he started a thread on its locations here

http://filmdope.com/forums/topic/23717-otley/

Liked
    0 times
    Could have been a farmyard i suppose I just remember the bus and assumed it was a bus depot. In my memory it was black and white but it was a long time ago so could have been colour

Liked
    0 times
    an old b/w British movie ,a guy has a jack russell dog he cares lots about ,but he's a criminal and the police have his dog,which they use to lure the guy out buy tying it beside a bridge,it must be a border because on one side of the border the criminal is safe,and on the other side he's not,and that why the dogs there .he gets his dog,runs as fast as he can back to safety but is ran down by a black jaguar police car.

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    name='kesss' timestamp='1280625953' post='458614']

an old b/w British movie ,a guy has a jack russell dog he cares lots about ,but he's a criminal and the police have his dog,which they use to lure the guy out buy tying it beside a bridge,it must be a border because on one side of the border the criminal is safe,and on the other side he's not,and that why the dogs there .he gets his dog,runs as fast as he can back to safety but is ran down by a black jaguar police car.

It sounds like Across the Bridge (1957), starring Rod Steiger.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='darrenburnfan' timestamp='1280646213' post='458632']

It sounds like Across the Bridge (1957), starring Rod Steiger.
    Yes, I agree.

It is a British film, despite being set in the Americas with that final scene on a bridge between Mexico and the USA - so I don't think it's a Jaguar, but it is a police car

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Across The Bridge.I would never have got that,over 30yrs of wondering over.thankyou much appreciated.

Senior Member Country: UK jonpsych's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Could be one of the rarely aired, darker episodes of On The Buses where Stan and Jack fall out

Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Liked
    46 times
    name='jonpsych' timestamp='1280762156' post='459347']

Could be one of the rarely aired, darker episodes of On The Buses where Stan and Jack fall out

Apparently in a survey done years ago Blakey was the most popular character to turn up unexpectedly in people's dreams

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Idea for a new sitcom, I Dream of Blakey.

Senior Member Country: Romania chuffnobbler's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    "Most popular" or "most frequent" ? Two different meanings ...