Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Here's Richard Clarke again on the phone in the "latest" Edgar Wallace, 1963's To Have and To Hold, as Sergeant Charles Wagner, who, along with Sergeant Ray Barrett, is well under the thumb of Inspector W. Roberts (aka William Hartnell in his penultimate role before becoming a Time Lord):

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Thank you again, Gerald. No details of his character but Richard had a recurring role in Compact, the forgotten BBC Soap.

In this scene from All Coppers Are ... (released 1972), a long line of Policemen are prepared for a violent demonstration:

Are these three (from left to right) Walter Henry, Bernard Barnsley and Bill Hibbitt?

Later on, I'll add numbers to all of those whose faces are shown (about 20) and put together a Picasa web album, which I can link from here.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Not Bill Hibbitt..........

Liked
    182 times
    In Sapphire (1959), Nigel Patrick and an out-of-shot Michael Craig have a good go at Harry Baird (no solicitor present of course):

But who is the familiar policeman standing in the background?

And is this him again about seven years later playing the uncredited Mr. Smith in DR. FINLAY'S CASEBOOK "The Gifts of the Magi"?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    10 times
    George Curtis--played cops a lot.

Liked
    182 times
    Thanks, Dave. He also played a member of the Loyal Opposition in The Mouse in the Moon, along with Anthony Lang and Reg Thomason.

Liked
    177 times

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWright72 View Post
    George Curtis--played cops a lot.
    He also played for Coventry!

Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

In this scene from All Coppers Are ... (released 1972), a long line of Policemen are prepared for a violent demonstration ...

Later on, I'll add numbers to all of those whose faces are shown (about 20) and put together a Picasa web album, which I can link from here.
    I counted - and numbered - 23 faces altogether. Hopefully you will find this easy to navigate:

Policemen in riot scene of 'All Coppers Are ...' (1972)

Some of the unidentified faces look familiar, in particular the actor dominating the frame here:

13 is Tony Wright, who has the minor role of Police Inspector. No sign of Aitch in this scene.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    No12, i think is, john gallent ?

Liked
    182 times
    There are a number of policemen towards the end of Hammer's Straight On Till Morning (1972), including this one:

Could it be Alan Meacham eyeing up the young lady?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    No Gerald, that isn't Alan, I do remember this chap, but sorry not his name. maybe Harry can help.

Liked
    182 times
    Another copper here (looking straight at the camera!) with Stanley Baker and Geoffrey Frederick on location in Manchester for Hell is a City (1960). Looks a bit thin in the face for him, but could it be Bill Westley, Sr.?:

Liked
    182 times
    'Ello, 'ello, outside John Horsley's 'ouse 'ere:

Could this policeman in classic stance be Neil Hallett in A Time to Kill (1953)?

Liked
    182 times
    A pivotal moment in No Orchids for Miss Blandish (1948) means definitely a bullet for someone else:

Could this trigger-happy cop be Terence Alexander?

Liked
    177 times
    Certainly Neil Hallett and I agree that's a young Terence Alexander. Well spotted, Gerald.

Thanks to Jim for John Gallant, who has an IMDb filmography. Don't forget the others ...

Policemen in riot scene of 'All Coppers Are ...' (1972)

Can anyone identify the Policeman (or even the Nurse) with Donald Wolfit and a dying Richard Shaw in Ghost Squad?:

From the episode Bullet with My Name on It (1961), which also includes Victor Harrington, 'Dave's Waiter' and 'Hummies Extra No. 2'!
    Last edited by cornershop15; 18-01-13 at 09:04 PM.

Liked
    177 times
    Does anyone recognise this suspicious Policeman from The Party's Over (filmed in 1963)?

It's the morning after the night before as Oliver Reed and his friends slowly walk past him on Albert Bridge.

Thanks to Phil for prompting me to revisit the film (initially to find taxi driver Fred Griffiths' appearance). Some interesting finds along the way.

Liked
    177 times
    Do you remember our first subjects, from the Gideon's Way episode The Great Plane Robbery (filmed March/April 1965)?

I watched this earlier in the week, oddly enough, but it was last night's viewing of Ghost Squad - Assassin (1961) that
    convinced me the one on the left is Roland Brand. Hopefully you'll all agree and perhaps remember him from somewhere:

Roland is in a two-part episode of The Baron I'll be watching again soon. His name is strangely unfamiliar and yet, in addition to all the ITC series mentioned, I will have also seen the Canadian-born actor in one of my favourite films - Lolita. Oh really? Must check that out. It's time I saw it again anyway.
    Last edited by cornershop15; 01-03-13 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Improved writing.

Liked
    10 times
    Yes, Roland Brand seems to be one of those ones no one notices. He was also one of the Canuck pilots in Reach For the Sky and one of the "American" gangsters (almost all played by Canadians) in Goldfinger ("What's with that trick pool table?") Doesn't appear to have acted after the early 1970s, and died rather young at age 54.

Liked
    177 times
    Yes, I'm fairly certain that's the same actor in those captures, Dave. Goldfinger is another film I've been meaning to watch again.

Mystery policemen in 'Make Mine Mink' (1960)

This film's IMDb page has a long and helpful list of uncredited actors. There was no sign of Colin Gordon, however,
    and I have a feeling that the actress listed as Claire Golding, and who plays Ruby Golding, is actually Claire Gordon.

Peter Vaughan, right, has made it to the uncredited cast list as 'Policeman in Car', but not the Driver. Who is he?:

Is the actor on the left here Alan Rolfe? He is referred to as 'Policeman on Beat' at IMDb and I can see a similarity
    between that face and dissolute's capture of Alan in an episode of The Avengers. Gerald Campion on the right?:

Perhaps Gerald can confirm that's Alan Rolfe, having recently seen him in the same year's Piccadilly Third Stop.

By the way, I've identified the monument they are standing in front of as the South End Green drinking fountain.

I recognise this actor from somewhere. I'm sure he's Scottish (Jack, or Jock?). Is his job description Radio Operator?:

"The Apex Cold Storage Unit in Monkwell Street (?) has just been raided. The thieves
    have made a getaway with many valuable furs. Repeat. The Apex Cold Storage Unit"
    Last edited by cornershop15; 25-03-13 at 10:06 PM.

Liked
    10 times
    Jack Stewart. I imagine his role would best be described as "police dispatcher."

Liked
    182 times
    In the police car it's Bill Baskiville.

It does look a lot like Alan Rolfe, yes, cornershop, but that's not Gerald Campion with him.

(Jack Stewart btw Dave is John Gary listed on Aveleyman for Urge to Kill. Plus Kenneth Midwood and Christopher Trace are the detectives the other way round! Ernie Rice and Terry Plummer are also in that film.)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast