Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Jordan
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper

No extras I'm afraid.
    Hi Juniper, where are you reading this? Catherine Feller flew in from Italy a couple of weeks ago and recorded her interview down at Black Park.

Senior Member Country: UK Juniper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hamilton

Hi Juniper, where are you reading this? Catherine Feller flew in from Italy a couple of weeks ago and recorded her interview down at Black Park.
    Hi, I'm not reading it, I bought the DVD last week when it was released.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Pastry Time's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    Our local Asda tell me they are going to have another Halloween DVD section of horror films this year so it may well be on display there as well. Last year I stocked up on the remaining Universal’s I was missing for £3 each with amazing picture quality. Might be worth keeping an eye to see if they pop on a few more Hammer Films?

Its so nice to see Hammer getting the attention it rightly deserves on sell through DVD, but I wonder if more will arrive on Blu-ray after the release of Paranoiac! This one was most welcome and fingers crossed more will follow?

We ope!

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper

Hi, I'm not reading it, I bought the DVD last week when it was released.

mmm...in that case:

1) Jim Groom is out of pocket for an interview they didn't use

2) it is intended for yet another release at some point- which seems unlikely

3) er...he is out of pocket

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    I wonder if someone speculatively made some material and promised payments if used.

The Universal set of mine plays fine. That got me 8 Hammer films for �16.00 which made my copy of Curse of the Werewolf �2.

According a review of this film,

"a 50th anniversary edition is scheduled for release next year, for which various new bonus features are being shot"

I wonder, who is releasing it?
    Last edited by JamesM; 04-02-14 at 03:25 AM.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesM

I wonder if someone speculatively made some material and promised payments if used.

Nope it was a commission job; Feller was definately filmed and Warren Mitchell lined up for an interview- fee agreed with agent and all that. I can only assume that they were timed out but the release schedule. Not sure if the documentary was even finished but I can find out easy enough

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    John, I think it must be for the 50th anniversary release scheduled for next year.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesM

John, I think it must be for the 50th anniversary release scheduled for next year.

Ah, you may be right they were also planning to interview Don Mingaye as well

Liked
    0 times

Ah, you may be right they were also planning to interview Don Mingaye as well

It is indeed the 2011 release-which I suspect incidently is the same print so the only difference is the extras- which seems a little bit of a rip off given its just come out.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    The uncut version was shown on the BBC around 12 or 14 years ago.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philip hindley

The uncut version was shown on the BBC around 12 or 14 years ago.

Am I right in thinking the 'uncut' version was just a couple of seconds as opposed to the restoration of the cuts made to the film in the 1960s?

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times

Am I right in thinking the 'uncut' version was just a couple of seconds as opposed to the restoration of the cuts made to the film in the 1960s?
    Yes, I believe that's right, John. There was quite a write up beforehand in the Radio Times promising something special and after, when the letters page featured disgruntled viewers.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    If I remember rightly they did show the cut version then sometime later they did show the full uncut version I think they did get complaints at the time about the BBCs mistake. I think it was just a couple of scenes but one could tell the difference, I will have another look.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell

There's also a marvellous score by Benjamin Frankel.
    On a historical note this score was the first to use the 12 note/tone row scale for an entire film. I agree it was marvellous.

Liked
    7 times
    The uncut version runs about 90s longer than the one that used to go the rounds on the BBC. That print however was not the original UK theatrical version since it was cut by about 5 mins - the entire rape and the the killing of the marquis were removed. The old BBC print was either a US TV version or the original US theatrical release (no-one seems quite sure).

The main restorations from the old BBC version were:

Serrvant girl waking up in dungeon after rape (cuts in on her already standing up)

Killing of marquis (reduced to one stab)

killing of prostitute ('money shot' of her corpse removed entirely; footage of Leon biting her chest removed by jump cut)

Climax heavily cut to remove most close-ups of Leon's face when in bell tower including those of his corpse, those showing him covering his ears from the bell ringing and bullet impact shot.

Liked
    7 times
    Hi

The BBFC have just certified a load of extras for Curse of the Werwwolf including a 44m making of documentary and a separate documentary on lycanthropy so it looks for certain that there will be a re-release next year wiht these extras. Presumably the documentary will include the various cast interviews referred to above.

Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m35541 View Post
    Hi

The BBFC have just certified a load of extras for Curse of the Werwwolf including a 44m making of documentary and a separate documentary on lycanthropy so it looks for certain that there will be a re-release next year wiht these extras. Presumably the documentary will include the various cast interviews referred to above.
    Sounds good

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m35541 View Post
    Hi

That's good news. Fingers crossed for a decent release.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    That should be great. I was tempted by the release here (Spain) which had a 32 page booklet with it, but the extras didn't look like anything much. Also in 1:85, by the way. Did anyone find out if that was the original format?

Liked
    7 times
    I have the Spanish release - its the print as the other releases (ie uncut) and the booklet is in Spanish so no use if you can't read Spanish.

I'd hold off for the new UK release if you want to double dip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast