Senior Member Country: Australia Kitty Whiskers's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I saw a film starring Daniel Auteuil many years ago, he was an ex-policemen in London looking for someone (I can't remember who - sorry). I think it was his only English speaking role to date (could be wrong). I can't remember the title and he has about three thousand entries in Imdb - the man never sleeps

Anyone know the title of the film?

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    The Lost Son. His other English language film is Mauvais Passe, in which he plays a gigolo . Unfortunately, like Gerard Depardieu, his Inspector Clouseau-style accent makes him a bit hard to take seriously in English, fine actor though he is.

Liked
    1 times
    name='CaptainWaggett' timestamp='1284980748' post='475898']

The Lost Son. His other English language film is Mauvais Passe, in which he plays a gigolo . Unfortunately, like Gerard Depardieu, his Inspector Clouseau-style accent makes him a bit hard to take seriously in English, fine actor though he is.

Thanks for that.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the Minkey accent. Perhaps I better stick to the French stuff - he sounds brilliant in those.

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    I found myself sitting opposite Daniel Auteuil many years ago on a Eurostar train from London to Paris, ( first class paid by my client ) I was on my way to carry out a photography commission there, I didn't recognize him at all, he was wearing a purple sweater and was very well groomed and trendy and somehow younger looking than he appears on screen. We chatted for almost the whole journey about Paris, photography and all sorts,... except film and acting, half an hour before arriving in Paris he mentioned being an actor and the penny finally dropped with me, I told him I admired his work and he was happy to chats about film etc,....very friendly and sociable chap....good actor too.

Liked
    1 times
    name='christoph404' timestamp='1284987523' post='475913']

I found myself sitting opposite Daniel Auteuil many years ago on a Eurostar train from London to Paris, ( first class paid by my client ) I was on my way to carry out a photography commission there, I didn't recognize him at all, he was wearing a purple sweater and was very well groomed and trendy and somehow younger looking than he appears on screen. We chatted for almost the whole journey about Paris, photography and all sorts,... except film and acting, half an hour before arriving in Paris he mentioned being an actor and the penny finally dropped with me, I told him I admired his work and he was happy to chats about film etc,....very friendly and sociable chap....good actor too.

Holy cr*p! That's fantastic!

I can only envy you - D.A would have to be one of my favourite actors. Always good value in whatever he does, and everything he does is different. Nice to hear he's good chap.