Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    i can remember very little about this i was very young, whren I saw it on TV in Canada early 70s. The only scene i recall was a young male straingly intensley into camera at the very end, mabye with his mouth sewn up? You could hear his voice talking through it and his lips didt move. It was horrible and scared the shit out of me at the time and ive never seen it since. Im sorry its not much to go on, but if i saw a still id recognise it right away. Im sure it was colour and the actor had short hair and i think British. Its possible the title had one word but im not certain about that.

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    name='stevedr' timestamp='1285379729' post='477179']

i can remember very little about this i was very young, whren I saw it on TV in Canada early 70s. The only scene i recall was a young male straingly intensley into camera at the very end, mabye with his mouth sewn up? You could hear his voice talking through it and his lips didt move. It was horrible and scared the shit out of me at the time and ive never seen it since. Im sorry its not much to go on, but if i saw a still id recognise it right away. Im sure it was colour and the actor had short hair and i think British. Its possible the title had one word but im not certain about that.

I was thinking "Mr Sardonicus" perhaps (its on youtube!) but its in b/w & he doesn't speak at the end & his lips aren't sewn up!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Are you thinking of Psycho with Anthony Perkins thinking voiceover with his mother's voice with a fly on his face saying, "I'll show them I'm not crazy. Why, I wouldn't even harm a fly!" Not in color.

Liked
    0 times
    I think this might be´The Psychopath´ by Freddie Francis. It´s been 20-something years since I´ve seen it but the ending has the lead character (John Stride?) staring at the camera. It´s in colour, it´s British, from the mid-sixties and Stride has short hair. I remember it as well as I do precisely because it´s so creepy...

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    i'm sure i've seen this recently? it doesn't involve a possessed doll does it?

Liked
    80 times
    name='jaycad' timestamp='1285408040' post='477228']

i'm sure i've seen this recently? it doesn't involve a possessed doll does it?

Dolls are part of the plot but I don't think there is any supernatural element to the film.

E.

Liked
    0 times
    name='wolfchen' timestamp='1285398838' post='477201']

I think this might be´The Psychopath´ by Freddie Francis. It´s been 20-something years since I´ve seen it but the ending has the lead character (John Stride?) staring at the camera. It´s in colour, it´s British, from the mid-sixties and Stride has short hair. I remember it as well as I do precisely because it´s so creepy...

Thanks I think youve got it. The title definatley brings back something as does the name Freddie Francis, and someone mentioned a doll before, thats also familiar. Its starting to come back to me... will investigate further, see if i can get a screen grab of it.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    8 times
    Here's a screengrab of the ending scene of The Psychopath which may be able to confirm whether it's the one you remember:

Liked
    0 times
    name='marty' timestamp='1285845678' post='478723']

Here's a screengrab of the ending scene of The Psychopath which may be able to confirm whether it's the one you remember:

Thanks Marty

That is it ...bloody scary even now...

Senior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    0 times
    'Psychopath'