Thread: Vampyres (1974)

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I#ve just watched this film again. I was never expecting much from it, either as titilation or as a movie, but I have to say I think this is really quite a cool little film. It looks fabulous, somehow the low budget adds to the feeling of decay and doom. It's also fantastically sexy and somehow the Vampyres being around in the daylight makes them even creepier.

Is it just me and is it just because I'm in love with Anulka?

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I've never seen it ... I thought about it after reading Johnathan Rigby's positive comments in English Gothic, but the trailer on youtube looked a bit ... extreme. Maybe it was a bad day, and I should give it another go.

Oh, and Pye; I asked Anulka if you were in love with her, and she reckons it's just infatuation.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Nice one Pye......

That Anulka one hot babe.......

Here's the only pic I can safely post, without getting exiled to the dungeon again....(although some of the others are much better )

Added to the very bottom of the list....

Cheers

Sgt S

Senior Member Country: Jordan
    Liked
    0 times
    I#ve just watched this film again. I was never expecting much from it, either as titilation or as a movie, but I have to say I think this is really quite a cool little film. It looks fabulous, somehow the low budget adds to the feeling of decay and doom. It's also fantastically sexy and somehow the Vampyres being around in the daylight makes them even creepier.

Is it just me and is it just because I'm in love with Anulka?

It does have a nightmarish quality about it and a distinctly dreamlike pace and logic; I liked it but was a bit put off by the acting from Murray Brown which is pretty wooden also also the dubbing for Marianne Morris which is awful

Senior Member Country: Jordan
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh and you have every reason to be in love with Anulka- stunning Playboy spread well worth tracking down

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Murray B isn't great although he is kind of being drained of blood day by day in the film. The trailer is indeed awful, gets across none of the films good points! It's only the score that really doesn't fit with everything else, as a film it's far better than anything Jean Rollin ever did I think.

The interview with Anulka on the DVD is superb, and her real voice is gorgeous. Her reaction to be deing told she was dubbed throughout is charming!

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    She was also one of Roger Daltrey's more vocal 'groupies' in Lisztomania.