Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Country: UK Windthrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,207
    Liked
    44 times

  2. #2
    Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,021
    Liked
    92 times
    Excellent read many thanks for sharing

  3. #3
    Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    94 times
    Nice article but although he mentioned those who have passed on he seems to tell us that Christopher Lee is the only big Hammer name left. Surely Jimmy Sangster is still around and it was he who kick started his own writing career with X the Unknown followed up by so many other Hammer hits. If I'm wrong please correct me. If I'm not "pass the marmalade".
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthrop View Post

  4. #4
    Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    94 times
    Yes, sorry Windthrop I too should have thanked you for an excellent post.

    cassidy

  5. #5
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,453
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
    Nice article but although he mentioned those who have passed on he seems to tell us that Christopher Lee is the only big Hammer name left. Surely Jimmy Sangster is still around and it was he who kick started his own writing career with X the Unknown followed up by so many other Hammer hits. If I'm wrong please correct me. If I'm not "pass the marmalade".
    Not only is Jimmy Sangster still with us, but also, thankfully, Anthony Hinds, who produced most of the greatest Hammers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,901
    Liked
    94 times
    Yes you are quite right, he was also featured on the recent BBC4 series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Not only is Jimmy Sangster still with us, but also, thankfully, Anthony Hinds, who produced most of the greatest Hammers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Country: England markrgv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    916
    Liked
    14 times
    Yes, thanks for posting Windthrop - good article.
    And as well as Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley is still with us - and she was the most formidable actress to work for Hammer.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,386
    Liked
    7 times
    As well as that Barry Norman's dad would never have seen the BBFC's Audrey Field's comments on X The Unknown (which he implies in the article) as this was private BBFC correspondence and not published until Wayne Kinsey's Hammer: The Bray Studio Years came out long after Leslie Norman had died !! He puffs his dad's film more than any of the others !!

Similar Threads

  1. Ingrid Pitt
    By Trevor in forum Actors and Actresses
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 29-11-15, 02:15 PM
  2. Ingrid Pitt (1937- 2010)
    By pelam123 in forum Obituaries
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 26-07-14, 10:03 PM
  3. Nobody Ordered Love - 1971 w/Judy Huxtable & Ingrid Pitt
    By granth in forum Looking for a Video/DVD (Film)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-06-11, 03:02 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-11, 11:28 PM
  5. Barry Norman-the Hollywood Greats
    By ronald colman 1 in forum Looking for a Video/DVD (TV)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-08-07, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts