Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 451

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Hi everyone!, anyone have any ideas as to where the ultra-modern looking Bungalow that Montag and Linda lived in is at all?

In the Movie

it seems to be a brand new small housing estate surrounded by Silver-Birch trees, there's a few locations listed in IMDB such as the Flats (Roehampton, South London) and Maidenhead (where I once spent hours driving around looking for this bungalow to no avail!)

Any pointers much appreciated!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Hi everyone!, anyone have any ideas as to where the ultra-modern looking Bungalow that Montag and Linda lived in is at all?

In the Movie

it seems to be a brand new small housing estate surrounded by Silver-Birch trees, there's a few locations listed in IMDB such as the Flats (Roehampton, South London) and Maidenhead (where I once spent hours driving around looking for this bungalow to no avail!)

Any pointers much appreciated!
    They did travel around quite a bit to make it. The monorail was filmed in Loiret, France.

Steve

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    Did you look around the Alton Estate in Roehampton? Much of the filming took place at Pinewood, the bungalow may even have been near there?

Liked
    202 times
    I haven't looked around the whole of the Alton estate, just the Tower blocks, thank you for the pointer Christoph......I'll have to go on one my 'travelcard days'!

I've only been once to Pinewood, had quite a feeling of 'deja vu' when I drove around Pinewood Crescent!

Liked
    0 times
    Where is the overhead railway photographed in this film? IMDB says Seattle and Toronto. Neither is correct.

Ted, Ottawa, Canada

Liked
    418 times
    Where is the overhead railway photographed in this film? IMDB says Seattle and Toronto. Neither is correct.

Ted, Ottawa, Canada
    Look in the right part of the IMDb

Under Filming Locations it says

Ch�teauneuf-sur-Loire, Loiret, France (Monorail)

It was a French railway (SAFEGE) test track, since dismantled although one of the cars survives

In fact where does it mention Seattle or Toronto as the location of the railway? I wanted to see if I could correct it - but couldn't find where they said it

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Steve, I must have had a senior's moment. Could have sworn I saw a reference to Seattle and Toronto but as you point out, there is none in IMDB. Thanks for the correct info.

Ted, Ottawa, Canada

Liked
    202 times
    I'm interested in the locations of this Movie also, I recall when I first joined Britmovie I asked about Montag's very modern looking Bungalow (for it's time) surrounded by Birch trees and where is it, everything seems to point to Roehampton, but that's where the location of the Tower Blocks are (Britains first) though it's possible the Bungalow may be in the neighbourhood, and I intend to have a good search one of these days......better dig my walking boots out I guess!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times

If I didn't know better, I would have sworn that this was from an episode of Thunderbirds!

Liked
    418 times
    I'm interested in the locations of this Movie also, I recall when I first joined Britmovie I asked about Montag's very modern looking Bungalow (for it's time) surrounded by Birch trees and where is it, everything seems to point to Roehampton, but that's where the location of the Tower Blocks are (Britains first) though it's possible the Bungalow may be in the neighbourhood, and I intend to have a good search one of these days......better dig my walking boots out I guess!
    I don't think the bungalow would be in the Roehampton area. It's not the poshest of areas. Unless it's in Richmond Park or down towards Barnes

But the IMDb Locations page does also mention Maidenhead.

Steve

Liked
    202 times
    I don't think the bungalow would be in the Roehampton area. It's not the poshest of areas. Unless it's in Richmond Park or down towards Barnes

But the IMDb Locations page does also mention Maidenhead.

Steve
    The Bungalow could be in Maidenhead Steve, problem is Maidenhead is quite a large town!.......went there once, but to no avail, there's several Silver Birch trees in the Road, could be not far from Burnham Beeches, which in turn is not far from Pinewood......ah well, maybe I'll stumble across it one day!

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    The scenes with the bungalows surrounded by birches you refer to were shot near where I used to live at Edgecombe Park, Crowthorne, Berks.

Liked
    418 times
    The scenes with the bungalows surrounded by birches you refer to were shot near where I used to live at Edgecombe Park, Crowthorne, Berks.
    Thanks Phil, do you have an exact address? Even just the road name would help a lot

Steve

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Afraid not. But Edgecombe Park is not that big so it should'nt be too difficult to locate if anyone is going to hunt it down.

Perhaps they could post some photos if they do.

Good Luck.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the bungalows? I did get one off the internet about a year ago, but now I can't find it, and I don't own the film.

<edit>

Just out of interest, why does the "unhappy" smiley translate to someone banging their head against a wall? I would have thought that was more "frustrated"?

Liked
    202 times
    Thank you for the info Phil, it's much appreciated, I see Crowthorne is just off the M3 and that's good enough for me!

Just been looking on 'Multimap' at the general area, fortunately there is an Aerial zoom facility for the area, so it looks like I'll be spending my Sunday afternoon having a good look round!

The only reason I want to take a look is because, for it's time, the Bungalow looks very minamalist and modern.......just hope the people who live there now realise it's a 'Movie location' or they'll be wondering who on earth is this big bloke taking pics outside!

Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

Just joined here, bit of a late reply to this thread.

Always enjoyed watching Fahrenheit 451 and live very close to the filming location of Montag's house in Crowthorne, Berkshire.

Drove afound Edgecombe park and think I found the the bungalow, or at least one that looks similar - there are a few quite close together and driving aroud there with a camera causes quite a bit of suscpicion, or maybe thats my paranoia from watching the film!

One of the bungalows has some hedges in the front garden sheilding the house - my guess is that this could be the one.

I have one photo, didnt get anymore at the time, but will re-visit at some point - also will make a screen capture to compare the two. Brief comparisons also show that the windows then and now are exactly the same!

Any ideas as to the best photo hosting site so I can put the pics up?

Thanks!

Dan

Liked
    418 times

Thanks!

Dan
    Hello Dan, well done for all of that.

I use PhotoBucket and find it perfectly adequate for most things

Steve

Liked
    202 times
    Hi,

Just joined here, bit of a late reply to this thread.

Always enjoyed watching Fahrenheit 451 and live very close to the filming location of Montag's house in Crowthorne, Berkshire.

Drove afound Edgecombe park and think I found the the bungalow, or at least one that looks similar - there are a few quite close together and driving aroud there with a camera causes quite a bit of suscpicion, or maybe thats my paranoia from watching the film!

One of the bungalows has some hedges in the front garden sheilding the house - my guess is that this could be the one.

I have one photo, didnt get anymore at the time, but will re-visit at some point - also will make a screen capture to compare the two. Brief comparisons also show that the windows then and now are exactly the same!

Thanks!

Dan
    Hi Dan!........and welcome to Britmovie, it will be interesting to see the pics, the Road Montag's Bungalow is on seems to (in the Movie) go downhill then curve when looking at it from the front to the left, and to the right the road is level and carries on to some Houses

Liked
    0 times
    Ok, here's some screen captures from the movie, then the rather poor photo I took out of the car window, sorry about the rain!

Will revisit when I get the chance, then repost.

Enjoy!

And my poor picture...

Looks like another door has been added, though I might have photographed the wrong bungalow, there are 3 or 4 in the same area.

Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast