Junior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    There are two scenes that I remember from the movie. The first takes place in a prison cell. Good Spy (GS) is talking with Bad Spy (BS) who is the prisoner. Their conversation seems to reveal nothing about the BS or his network. After GS steps out of the cell, he is questioned by his boos as to why he didn�t ask better questions. GS proceeds to explain how each of his seemingly innocent questions actually revealed a great deal about BS�s network.

The second scene was at the end. GS is sitting in a room, in front of a fireplace. He is taking the top bill from stacks of bills and burning them. Also there is his girlfriend. The money was originally supposed to be used as a payoff or exchange, and the top bill from every stack was recorded so that they, GS�s bosses, could track where the money ended up. But GS figured out a way to retire and keep the money for himself.

There was another scene where he meets his Russian counterpart who helps him in some way to keep the money and disappear.

I think GS�s character name was Charlie Rose, more sure about the last name than the first. I also think GS was played by Richard Burton. But I�ve searched thru Burton�s biography and the only movie that comes close is the spy who came in from the cold. But I don�t think that was it.

Thanks in advance,
    Adolph

Senior Member Country: England DocRobertPepper's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Charlie Muffin (TV movie 1979)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078956/

Junior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks. I've wanted to find that movie for many years.
    Adolph