Senior Member Country: England Elaine's Avatar
    Liked
    600 times
    I love this film. It is a really great story , and Stewart Grainger is on top form as the man fighting his demons after having a serious argument with a tiger. Barbara Rush is meltingly beautiful as the love interest he can never have[ she is married to his best pal]but who he longs for. Great stuff.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
    I love this film. It is a really great story , and Stewart Grainger is on top form as the man fighting his demons after having a serious argument with a tiger. Barbara Rush is meltingly beautiful as the love interest he can never have[ she is married to his best pal]but who he longs for. Great stuff.
    I like a good jungle film and this is one of the better ones IMHO. It's a good old fashioned melodrama with beautiful scenery, a good cast and a decent soundtrack. Good escapist fare.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Good call. Lovely film. Haven't seen it for ages. Particularly like I.S.Johar who had a similar kind of role the following year in North West Frontier. About time it had an airing on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaine View Post

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    In the UK, the title was simply Harry Black. It hasn't been shown on television in this country since the 1960s. It is available on a Region 2 DVD in Spain, in full CinemaScope and original English dialogue. For some obscure reason, Fox Home Video have released a lot of their back catalogue on DVD in Spain...films that have never been released on DVD in the US, let alone in the UK.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Ta for that. Now theres a great way to spend an evening in Spain. Watching Harry Black, a bowl of Gambas Aljillo and a glass or two of chilled white Rioja. "Salut" Darren.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan View Post
    In the UK, the title was simply Harry Black. It hasn't been shown on television in this country since the 1960s. It is available on a Region 2 DVD in Spain, in full CinemaScope and original English dialogue. For some obscure reason, Fox Home Video have released a lot of their back catalogue on DVD in Spain...films that have never been released on DVD in the US, let alone in the UK.

Senior Member Country: England Elaine's Avatar
    Liked
    600 times
    I have it on video tape, from it's showing on tv a few years ago.