Thread: Quest for Love

Senior Member Country: England wideboy's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    a title sometimes sought by Forum members, is a new Region 1 release from Scorpion Entertainment on 22 Feb.

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    DVD Beaver on Quest for Love

Quest For Love - Joan Collins

GRAEME
    Yes, I remember always cringing at the usually excellent Eric Rogers' score! It sounds exactly like one of his Carry Ons - totally inappropriate!

The whole film is a bit of a curate's egg. Great story, Bell is fine. Joan Collins is... Well, she's Joan Collins!

An interesting film for 85% of it's length - degenerates into a mad rush round airports at the end. Check it out, but read the original Wyndham short story for the real deal.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEME View Post
    Yes, I remember always cringing at the usually excellent Eric Rogers' score! It sounds exactly like one of his Carry Ons - totally inappropriate!

The whole film is a bit of a curate's egg. Great story, Bell is fine. Joan Collins is... Well, she's Joan Collins!

An interesting film for 85% of it's length - degenerates into a mad rush round airports at the end. Check it out, but read the original Wyndham short story for the real deal.
    There was a tv version a few years ago with Sam West (excellent as always) and Kate Ashfield (a poor substitute for the lovely Dame).

GRAEME
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett View Post
    There was a tv version a few years ago with Sam West (excellent as always) and Kate Ashfield (a poor substitute for the lovely Dame).
    It was ok. Much closer to trhe story and so more interesting as SF, but very low budget - almost looked amateur.

I'm afraid I can't share your admiration for Joan as an actress. For me, she is always so arch she kinda destroys the reality of anything she's in.

Liked
    492 times
    It was ok. Much closer to trhe story and so more interesting as SF, but very low budget - almost looked amateur.

I'm afraid I can't share your admiration for Joan as an actress. For me, she is always so arch she kinda destroys the reality of anything she's in.
    Well, it was BBC4 so the low-budget is a given. As for Dame Joanie, she doesn't need to act, she just needs to be. That's what true stardom is about.

GRAEME
    Well, it was BBC4 so the low-budget is a given. As for Dame Joanie, she doesn't need to act, she just needs to be. That's what true stardom is about.
    I'm sure she'd be a perfectly charming companion for dinner, or a quick pint in the Fisherman's Musket. And then on the walk back to the bus stop afterwards... I should be so lucky...

Liked
    492 times
    I'm sure she'd be a perfectly charming companion for dinner, or a quick pint in the Fisherman's Musket. And then on the walk back to the bus stop afterwards... I should be so lucky...
    She's so lovely and down to earth that she'd fit in anywhere, whether you took her to the Ivy, or the local chippie

GRAEME
    She's so lovely and down to earth that she'd fit in anywhere, whether you took her to the Ivy, or the local chippie
    I wouldn't take her to the chippie. He might knock her up into a table or a window-frame or something!

I jest, I jest...

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    I wouldn't take her to the chippie. He might knock her up into a table or a window-frame or something!

I jest, I jest...
    Antique of course.