Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    I only have vague but favourable memories of this Thames comedy drama that ran for a couple of series (12 episodes) featuring a couple of London families headed by Max Wall and James Grout. A long shot perhaps but maybe this was shown on UKGold etc, so if anyone has copies and fancies a trade please do drop me a PM. Thanks :)

Born and Bred (TV Series 1978-1980) - IMDb

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    i'm pretty sure this has been shown very recently(in the past month) on ITV3 so i'd imagine someone will have recorded it.

Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycad View Post
    i'm pretty sure this has been shown very recently(in the past month) on ITV3 so i'd imagine someone will have recorded it.
    Ah sounds promising thanks, I checked the ITV3 website but nothing popped up though.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    22 times
    I think the Born and Bred on ITV3 is the recent one filmed in Downham Lancashire

Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wadey View Post
    I think the Born and Bred on ITV3 is the recent one filmed in Downham Lancashire
    oh i see! i wouldn't know any different! my apologies to harbottle!

Liked
    150 times
    The complete Born & Bred has just finished another complete re-run on ITV3. It's available to buy.
    Last edited by Dame Starry; 01-03-11 at 01:30 AM.

Liked
    22 times
    Set in the Lancashire village of Ormston in the 1950s, Born and Bred centres on the relationship between city doctor Tom Gilder and his village GP father, Arthur Gilder.

Tom (Michael French) returns to the village he grew up in to help his father, Arthur (James Bolam), bring the cottage hospital, Ormston Memorial, into the fledgling National Health Service. Their medical methods and generational differences occasionally put them on a collision course; it often takes the effort of the whole village to stop them from killing each other.

BBC

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    PM sent

Liked
    92 times
    Thanks for the messages, alas there is confusion over two series with the same title.

I'm still after the Thames series of the London clans starring Max Wall and James Grout.

Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbottle View Post
    Thanks for the messages, alas there is confusion over two series with the same title.

my fault i'm afraid!

Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    1 times
    I've got series 2 of this, albeit poorish quality as it is from an early '80's repeat originally recorded on video. The episode where Joan Sims puts the Parisian night on, is in my opinion one of the funniest pieces of Thames TV ever.

How people can mistake two series, a generation apart and on a different TV channels amazes me, particularly as your original post stated clearly Thames TV - 78/ 80 James Grout & Max Wall. The latter, having been dead over a decade before the other series started. Evidently some people are more interested in posting misleading information, even though the description of ther request is abundantly clear.

To my knowledge this was never repeated on UK Gold.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by steve9049 View Post
    How people can mistake two series, a generation apart and on a different TV channels amazes me, particularly as your original post stated clearly Thames TV - 78/ 80 James Grout & Max Wall. The latter, having been dead over a decade before the other series started. Evidently some people are more interested in posting misleading information, even though the description of ther request is abundantly clear.
    I'm sure eagerness to help rather than malice is the reason for the thread going awry.