Junior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    as a child i remember watching a horror movie that scared the hell out of me for years (bad dreams) but i never saw it again even up till today, i wouldnt mind watching it again.

details:

i can remember it was a black & White film i think?

not sure if it was british or american? but think it was british? around 1970's i think i saw it.

basically i remember the plot around a marshish/bog area, with an inn/tavern being the central base (where people hid in fear/where the plot was)

i think the hero had a landrover/jeep or that type vehicle was in it, not sure again..

and these alien things i only can describe as pizza's or pizza's with a swans neck and head(the shape) again it was one or the other -.-

and they killed people and animals by droping on top of them from height, like roofs or trees, and once latched on the flesh of the victim used to melt away.

if anybody has an idea?

thanks!

Liked
    151 times
    Island of Terror?

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Could have been Fiend Without a Face but the landrover/jeep and bog area hints at X the Unknown although that came up out of the ground. Maybe an each way bet on The Trollenberg Terror. All of these however were 50's rather than 70's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jr2nd View Post
    as a child i remember watching a horror movie that scared the hell out of me for years (bad dreams) but i never saw it again even up till today, i wouldnt mind watching it again.

details:

i can remember it was a black & White film i think?

not sure if it was british or american? but think it was british? around 1970's i think i saw it.

basically i remember the plot around a marshish/bog area, with an inn/tavern being the central base (where people hid in fear/where the plot was)

i think the hero had a landrover/jeep or that type vehicle was in it, not sure again..

and these alien things i only can describe as pizza's or pizza's with a swans neck and head(the shape) again it was one or the other -.-

and they killed people and animals by droping on top of them from height, like roofs or trees, and once latched on the flesh of the victim used to melt away.

if anybody has an idea?

thanks!

Senior Member Country: Scotland bruiser15's Avatar
    Liked
    50 times
    and these alien things i only can describe as pizza's or pizza's with a swans neck and head(the shape) again it was one or the other
    Here's a lovely little model of the Silicate from the film mentioned by DB7 - Island of Terror, seems to match your description. They kill by absorbing the bones from their victims.

However the Jeep/Landrover and pub as a base made me also think of another Terence Fisher film from a year later with a similar cast - Night of the Big Heat but the aliens in that fry people and look like this

Liked
    94 times
    Were these black and white ?, your "swan creature" certainly hits the spot but I dont have the know how to post a picture of the pizza like brain creatures from Fiend Without a Face (page 309 of British Sound Films 1928-1959).
    Quote Originally Posted by bruiser15 View Post
    Here's a lovely little model of the Silicate from the film mentioned by DB7 - Island of Terror, seems to match your description. They kill by absorbing the bones from their victims.

However the Jeep/Landrover and pub as a base made me also think of another Terence Fisher film from a year later with a similar cast - Night of the Big Heat but the aliens in that fry people and look like this

Liked
    151 times

Think Fishers Earth Dies Screaming has a similar pub/Land Rover set-up too.

Senior Member Country: Scotland bruiser15's Avatar
    Liked
    50 times
    The two creatures I featured are both colour films, here for your delectation is the creature from Fiend Without a Face

Whilst the Trollenberg Terror features these ones

Last edited by bruiser15; 15-04-11 at 10:13 PM.

Liked
    94 times
    Thanks for that Bruiser. I think I'd still go for "Fiend" which is worth seeing for good old Kynaston Reeves.
    The two creatures I featured are both colour films, here for your delectation is the creature from Fiend Without a Face

Whilst the Trollenberg Terror features these ones

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    ... once latched on the flesh of the victim used to melt away.
    Does this refresh the memory?:

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy View Post
    I think I'd still go for "Fiend" which is worth seeing for good old Kynaston Reeves.
    Was he a Judge in this as well, cassidy?!
    Last edited by cornershop15; 15-04-11 at 10:37 PM.

Liked
    94 times
    No, neither was he "Mr Quelch". In fact he played the scientist if my memory serves me right. Love your scene from the film. No comment as yet from the newby who started this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post

Does this refresh the memory?:

Was he a Judge in this as well, cassidy?!

Junior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for your replies

no it wasnt fiend without a face, though i remember watching it and it making me laugh.

and Night of the Big Heat and Island of Terror both have the elements as someone said ugh... but it does look like it is Island of Terror because i remembered the image of an animal/cow/horse? with part of it melted does make me think it was Island of Terror.

weirdly enough both have the awesome peter cushing.

so im gonna look for Island of Terror as main suspect if its not then I'll try the other film

thanks again lads!

Senior Member Country: Wales
    Liked
    55 times
    I'd go with "The Earth Dies Screaming"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whPzJbntlnY

Senior Member Country: Europe Heinrich's Avatar
    Liked
    63 times
    No one can open a door with such tension as Sam Kydd (1:14).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkIdKrSgmSg

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    God, I love that film.

Seeing the Trollenberg Terror pic made me realise that that's probably one of the few things that could undergo a modern remake and come out of it really, really well.