Senior Member Country: Wales David Challinor's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    I know his work is not to everyone�s taste but I really enjoyed this Werner Herzog docuentary presented in 3D in a London cinema. The Chauvet cave is truly remarkable�.some of the drawing inside date from 32,000 years ago � and you thought Tutankhamun was ancient history! Comparatively the pyamids are quite recent, 3,000 years ago, give or take.
    Some of the drawings are very good and are the stars of the film, although the director allows his flights of fancy to be heard, which I always find amusing (one animal drawing, who�s legs must have proved tricky for the caveman artist, so he�s tried to get them right repeatedly, is claimed by Werner to be the first evidence of cinema, Man looking to portray movement for the first time �. �a kind of proto-cinema�).
    Overall, very recommended.

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by David Challinor View Post
    I know his work is not to everyone�s taste but I really enjoyed this Werner Herzog docuentary presented in 3D in a London cinema. The Chauvet cave is truly remarkable�.some of the drawing inside date from 32,000 years ago � and you thought Tutankhamun was ancient history! Comparatively the pyamids are quite recent, 3,000 years ago, give or take.
    Some of the drawings are very good and are the stars of the film, although the director allows his flights of fancy to be heard, which I always find amusing (one animal drawing, who�s legs must have proved tricky for the caveman artist, so he�s tried to get them right repeatedly, is claimed by Werner to be the first evidence of cinema, Man looking to portray movement for the first time �. �a kind of proto-cinema�).
    Overall, very recommended.
    I love Herzogs work his documentary's The white Diamond and Encounters at the end of the world were fantastic.........I havent seen Cave of Forgotten Dreams yet but its Certainly on my List

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    129 times
    This was amazing, really shows what 3D should be used for! Herzog I love you!