Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I am looking for the following title on DVD.
    Omnibus - Dirk Bogarde - Documentary first shown by the BBC on March 27th 1983.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billy farmer View Post
    Hi, Billy,

That 1983 Omnibus programme on Dirk Bogarde lasted 65 minutes with interviewer Saxon Logan asking Dirk questions off camera.

You can see snippets of it interspersed in the Arena doc. "The Private Dirk Bogarde". It's not available at the BBC Archive, but it'd be wonderful if someone has recorded it and could make it available for viewing, here or at YouTube.

Good luck in the search,

Barbara

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm...I have a two part interview of Dirk where the questions (edited out) are clearly asked from off-screen. Would you like me to check whether it's the one you guys are after? The one that I have is pure interview, for something like two hour-long sections?
    Love to all...Butts

Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterslybutts View Post
    Hmmm...I have a two part interview of Dirk where the questions (edited out) are clearly asked from off-screen. Would you like me to check whether it's the one you guys are after? The one that I have is pure interview, for something like two hour-long sections?
    Love to all...Butts
    I would be very grateful if you could check what the title of the programme is that you have got with Dirk Bogarde being interviewed, i would still be interested even if the programme you have got is not the Omnibus one from 1983.

Liked
    399 times
    Love to all...Butts
    I would be very grateful if you could check what the title of the programme is that you have got with Dirk Bogarde being interviewed, i would still be interested even if the programme you have got is not the Omnibus one from 1983.
    I suspect that the two-part interview of Dirk with interviewer asking questions off-screen is By Myself. The 1983 Omnibus had a different off-screen interviewer and was only 65 minutes long.

There's a separate thread with info on the By Myself interview. The Omnibus interview is interspersed in bits and pieces in the Arena doc. So far, no one seems to have it, but we're praying for the day!

Best,

Barbara

Liked
    399 times
    Love to all...Butts
    I suspect it's the two-part By Myself of Bogarde with interviewer off-screen, but just in case....would love to hear what it is.

Liked
    399 times
    Love to all...Butts
    Maybe it's the two-part By Myself with Bogarde being interviewed off screen. But it'd be lovely to have you check.

Liked
    399 times
    Love to all...Butts
    Maybe it's the two-part By Myself of Bogarde with interviewer off screen. It'd be lovely if you checked. Thanks!

Liked
    399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theuofc View Post
    I suspect it's the two-part By Myself of Bogarde with interviewer off-screen, but just in case....would love to hear what it is.
    Maybe it's the two-part By Myself with Bogarde being interviewed off screen. But it'd be lovely to have you check.
    Maybe it's the two-part By Myself of Bogarde with interviewer off screen. It'd be lovely if you checked. Thanks!
    Billy and Butterslyb,

My apologies for the 4 repeat messages which occurred during a glitch in my message system. Thanks for the patience.

Barbara

Liked
    308 times
    I am still looking for the above title i would be very grateful to anyone who could help me out with a copy.

Liked
    399 times
    I am still looking for the above title i would be very grateful to anyone who could help me out with a copy.

Hi, Billy,

Thanks for being persistent in trying to locate Dirk's interview on the 1983 Omnibus programme. I'll put a query on our Sir Dirk Bogarde page at Facebook. It's worked in the past with several members then placing rare Dirk interviews for us on YouTube.

Fingers crossed for this one.

All best,

Barbara

Liked
    308 times